+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton - hostel options, transit system, where2live?

franta

May 1, 2013
Hello guys, I have just three questions I would be more than happy to get the answers for:

1) Do you know any short term accomodation options in Edmonton? Hostelling International is approximately 35 bucks a night, which is not bad but considering that I plan to spend there few days (3-5) until I find a good rent, it can get pretty expensive. I have checked couchsurfing, but it is also 35 cad plus. Backpackers seems to be off the duty (under reconstruction). Any idea?

2) What is Edmonton transit system like? Can one rely on it? Are buses being late or it depends? Any map of the system I can print (haven't found nothing appropriate on the internet so far)?

3) Any idea of what part of the city should I focus on when looking for a rent? I don't mind any place unless there's a good bus line so I can travel around the city. Is there anything like main station/transit system terminal in Edmonton? I guess that would be the best option to live nearby, since you can commute to your job situated almost everywhere in the city easily, right?

Thank you everyone in advance! Looking forward to becoming a Edmonton citizen for a while.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
franta said:
Hello guys, I have just three questions I would be more than happy to get the answers for:

1) Do you know any short term accomodation options in Edmonton? Hostelling International is approximately 35 bucks a night, which is not bad but considering that I plan to spend there few days (3-5) until I find a good rent, it can get pretty expensive. I have checked couchsurfing, but it is also 35 cad plus. Backpackers seems to be off the duty (under reconstruction). Any idea?

2) What is Edmonton transit system like? Can one rely on it? Are buses being late or it depends? Any map of the system I can print (haven't found nothing appropriate on the internet so far)?

3) Any idea of what part of the city should I focus on when looking for a rent? I don't mind any place unless there's a good bus line so I can travel around the city. Is there anything like main station/transit system terminal in Edmonton? I guess that would be the best option to live nearby, since you can commute to your job situated almost everywhere in the city easily, right?

Thank you everyone in advance! Looking forward to becoming a Edmonton citizen for a while.

University of Alberta - summer housing (dorms)

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
I just moved from Edmonton after living there for 4 years. lol. The transit there sucks. honestly. lol. (why my husband paid for me to go to driving school.lol)
Make sure you find a house closer to the downtown area or whyte ave. (82 ave). university area, these 3 are all pretty much connected.because there is always something to do there and the bars and restaurants are there. and you can go from north end to south end of the city. but pretty much have to bus it everywhere else. THey are still constructing the other train lines.
This is the ETS website. you can find pretty much all the routes here.

http://www.edmonton.ca/transportation/edmonton-transit-system-ets.aspx

also while in CAnada you can sort of trust google maps. cause it shows the bus routes as well and which one is the fastest at the time you are searching it. So if you have it you probably won't get lost.

Hope that helps a little.

May 13, 2013
I am searching for a Home or flat as rental for me and wife in Alerta, Edmonton area,

Howz the system there, we need a basic home only how much rent we need to spent?

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request