+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EDMONTON CIC - Faster Processing PLEASE!!!!!

EDMONTONPHIL

Dec 29, 2012
I am new to this forum. Just to share my timeline:

Submit papers for Citizenship application on August 12, 2011. Received confirmation and study guide on August 26, 2011. My papers are in process on February 15, 2012. I was informed yesterday that my file was transferred to Edmonton CIC office on April 28, 2012. They assured me that anytime from now I can receive an invitation test for citizenship. Still waiting. Hoping that miracle may happen anytime from now.

Calling the attention of Edmonton CIC to please make faster in processing all applications for citizenship.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not alone! The reason why Edmonton has been really slow is because we did not have a citizenship judge for almost a year. We received one just 2 months ago ...
I applied a couple of weeks after you, my file has been in process for over 11 months and I have not been invited for the test either.
Good luck! :)

Jan 3, 2013
edmonton2011 said:
You are not alone! The reason why Edmonton has been really slow is because we did not have a citizenship judge for almost a year. We received one just 2 months ago ...
I applied a couple of weeks after you, my file has been in process for over 11 months and I have not been invited for the test either.
Good luck! :)
how did u find out we didnt have a citizenship judge for almost a year? does it mean that someone is working on the cases finanlly?? :mad: :mad:

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone on this forum mentioned it. Later my MP conformed that it was true. Our previous judge's appointment ended in January 2012 and we only received a new judge at the end of October 2012.
As far as I know it takes a few months to completely train a judge.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration townhall

http://lindaduncanmp.ca/event/immigration-townhall-with-jinny-sims/

Please attend if you can!

***********************************************************************************************

Kenny blames citizenship decline on 'fiscal restrain'
Updated
6:41 pm, January 16th, 2013
6:37 pm, January 16th, 2013

JESSICA HUME | QMI AGENCY
OTTAWA — Immigration Minister Jason Kenney explained a 73% drop in the number of permanent residents receiving Canadian citizenship between 2005 and 2012 by saying the government’s “fiscal restraint” was leading to fewer people having to process more applications.

Internal Citizenship and Immigration documents obtained by QMI Agency show only 2.9% of permanent residents who were eligible for citizenship in 2012 received it, down significantly from 76% in 2005.

“There are two reasons for that,” Kenney said. “Increased immigration levels above those under the previous government and an environment of fiscal restraint (means we have) less resources to process more permanent residents coming up for a limited number of spots.”

Kenney also said processing times had increased since 2005, but “only by about three months”.
Though he has been criticized for his policies, accused of making Canada less accessible to the weakest, Kenney said the government’s objectives in immigration are cracking down on fraud and crime while making it easier for skilled immigrants and students who have the greatest likelihood of contributing to society once they’re here.

“We put a greater emphasis on protecting the integrety of our immigration program,” he said. “There have been too many cases of fraudulent applications organized by crooked immigration agents.”

He added the government has an action plan to reduce processing times and streamline applications deemed desirable.

Kenney spoke to reporters upon arrival back in Canada after visiting Sri Lanka, several states in India as well as Turkey to discuss human smuggling, immigration fraud and refugees.

Source: http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/01/20130116-183722.html

EDMONTONPHIL

Dec 29, 2012
Good news....I have my citizenship test scheduled on February 28 at 9 am. Thank you CIC Edmonton. I am so happy and excited!!!!!! Thanks God.

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
EDMONTONPHIL said:
Good news....I have my citizenship test scheduled on February 28 at 9 am. Thank you CIC Edmonton. I am so happy and excited!!!!!! Thanks God.
Congratulations! I applied in May 2011 so hopefully I'm up to the write the test soon!!

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaycrew, are you still waiting for the test invitation? :( There was someone who applied in October 2011 and has already had the test.

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Man its very frustrating. And my PR card expired too, and thats not being renewed quickly either. I'm stuck in limbo!!!

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you mentioned before your nationality is not really helping your case. This can be the reason why you were not called for the test yet.
Were you able to come back to Canada without any problem? Are you still waiting for your PR card? I thought it was a little faster to renew PR card ... I will have to renew mine soon also.
I hope you will hear something from CIC soon! Good luck!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaycrew said:
Man its very frustrating. And my PR card expired too, and thats not being renewed quickly either. I'm stuck in limbo!!!
How was the wedding? Did you get your TD ok?

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Yes i am back! Wedding was great, and TD was delivered to my hotel suite the day after the wedding. Pretty cool wedding gift.

Back to the waiting game now...

HAG

Feb 14, 2013
:) - Hi there , I submitted my Citizenship Application on jan 26 2012- Status says we started processing you application on November 1st .how long it will take from here ?
Thanks

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
HAG said:
:) - Hi there , I submitted my Citizenship Application on jan 26 2012- Status says we started processing you application on November 1st .how long it will take from here ?
Thanks
Did you submit in Edmonton? Basically you are looking at 21 months from the day application is received. This information is provided on CIC's website.

The next step is for CIC to forward your application to the local office close to your place of residence.