+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applications.

alicezy

Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got test invitation and the test date is June 24. I applied July 28, 2015 and no RQ. :D ;D

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
What's your take on this?

Is Edmonton like Calgary in that the CIC waits for a year to send test invites just to re-do the background checks and look at the applicant's intent to stay in Canada, or are they really "backlogged" to the point of no return?

At least my app is in a local office...and no RQ.

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
When they invite you for test is will be a writing or oral test?
What is your opinion, I have a 5 years old can I take with me on my test date? Will they allow a kid to stay? Or those who passed the test did see any other people with kids there?

Kentimusprime

Jul 5, 2014
Single, EDMONTON
Mid March 2014: Applied
Late May 2014: In Process
Mid July 2014: AOR
Early May 2015: Test
Late June 2015: Oath Ceremony :) ;) :D ;D :p :-*

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone, received the oath letter for the ceremony in mid june. timelines are in signature below.

good luck to everyone!

regards,

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
written test.

we did not see any people taking kids inside, though there were some people who brought the kids along but they were taken care of outside the test room by a guardian/sitter.

hope this helps.

Candoes said:
When they invite you for test is will be a writing or oral test?
What is your opinion, I have a 5 years old can I take with me on my test date? Will they allow a kid to stay? Or those who passed the test did see any other people with kids there?

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
I received oath letter yesterday for mid June for 11:00 am. But the website says oath is apt 12:00 what time shd I treat as correct time on letter or time on cic website. I received white color oath letter

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
futurecitizen said:
I received oath letter yesterday for mid June for 11:00 am. But the website says oath is apt 12:00 what time shd I treat as correct time on letter or time on cic website. I received white color oath letter
go with what the letter says. my guess is that they need one hour to settle everyone and provide some introductions to the people about the ceremony. the actual ceremony will be at noon.

same is the case for us, our letter says 1:30 but on cic site the ceremony time is 2:30.

tbhutani

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2013
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21, 2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made (October 2, 2013)
LANDED..........
October 09, 2013
Hello everyone,

I did my test this morning in the Edmonton office and cleared it.
Test was a little tricky, make sure you read the book multiple times. It's not as easy as people say.
Interview lasted for about 20-25 minutes, Citizenship Officer was nice, soft spoken and very helpful.

Below is my timeline again:

Application Filed: July 7, 2014
In Process: August 25, 2014
Test Invite: May 14, 2015
Test Date: June 3, 2015
Oath Date: Most likely (End of July 2015)

Wishing everyone all the very best with their applications.

Almost there Smiley

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Hi there,
How do they inform you about your test/interview is it by email or mail? my only worry that I get the invitation by mail while I'm out of town

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Well, I guess I'll join this thread, it seems to have a bit more hope at the end than it did at the beginning . . . My timelines are at the bottom, I'll figure out how to put them into my signature.

One thing that I don't understand, really -- it seems that CIC has said that they are basically going to eliminate the backlog during this 'quiet year' of few applications . . . but why would that affect the local offices? Edmonton obviously has a huge backlog that Citizenship Officers in Edmonton work constantly on; is there something else that they do as well that they won't have to do during this year? Obviously they'll be receiving fewer new applications from Sydney for the next 12 months -- but is filing these away taking up so much of their time that they can re-allocate manpower now?

Or will other CIC people -- like Sydney workers -- be reassigned to process applications from district offices?

It's just a thought, I don't totally understand the logic. I don't really see how a local office would have its workload reduced, if they are more than a year behind.

Anyway, cheers, we'll probably get to know each other pretty well over the next few years . . .

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Got my invitation letter to take the test 3 days ago, will be within 2 weeks. My Ecas is not updated, still shows we received your application.
Wondering after the test are day giving an exact date to take the Oath? Have a booked vacation for a week at the end of June and now I am really worrying to not schedule me to take the Oath between July 24 & August 1. BTW- is it possible to change a given Oath date for a later time?

Apr 23, 2015
Candoes said:
Got my invitation letter to take the test 3 days ago, will be within 2 weeks. My Ecas is not updated, still shows we received your application.
Wondering after the test are day giving an exact date to take the Oath? Have a booked vacation for a week at the end of June and now I am really worrying to not schedule me to take the Oath between July 24 & August 1. BTW- is it possible to change a given Oath date for a later time?
Hey man, was the eCAS updated at any point before you took the test?

I was always curious of a situation where the letter gets lost or the PO BOX doesnt get checked for 2-3 weeks and eCAS doesnt say shit about it.