+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applicants

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
Oh well I e-mailed my MP in December 2021 and the status came back as per what is exactly in my tracker. Found it a waste of my time and e-mails needless to say lol.. I'm a March 2020 applicant and my MP mentioned if I don't hear back by April 2022, I should contact him back again. Seriously April which by then would be 2years already. I completed my test in August 2021 with no further updates since.
What do you plan to do? Did you write to them? What were the updates on your application status? I have test verified and background verification since July last year. It has been dormant since then. I have emailed my MP and a particular TV station. Hopefully, it helps to speed things up.

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016
What do you plan to do? Did you write to them? What were the updates on your application status? I have test verified and background verification since July last year. It has been dormant since then. I have emailed my MP and a particular TV station. Hopefully, it helps to speed things up.
Sincerely I have no plans now, I see we still have older applicants waiting for the Edmonton office. It's sincerely unfair and wonder how it's being run. I work for the Government and we hold ourselves accountable but don't know how CIC operations are run in provinces. That said, I did my test July 31st and was marked to complete August 3rd 2021. Since Aug 2021 no new updates. The asked for copies of my passport during the test period which I sent already. Background check completed since Jan 2021. My status from my MP says the application is still in process and the next steps would be the ceremony. Just tired of waiting and hope this would be over soon.

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
Sincerely I have no plans now, I see we still have older applicants waiting for the Edmonton office. It's sincerely unfair and wonder how it's being run. I work for the Government and we hold ourselves accountable but don't know how CIC operations are run in provinces. That said, I did my test July 31st and was marked to complete August 3rd 2021. Since Aug 2021 no new updates. The asked for copies of my passport during the test period which I sent already. Background check completed since Jan 2021. My status from my MP says the application is still in process and the next steps would be the ceremony. Just tired of waiting and hope this would be over soon.
Wow! It's exactly what happened to me. I have been waiting for almost 1 year after background verification. I have passed the test and sent my passport, it seems it's just being kept aside without any action. I have emailed the necessary people and I plan to keep calling and following up this week. Don't give up following up on yours as it is part of your right as a Canadian.

harshk88

Jul 26, 2013
I am on the same boat. I gave my test in July 2021 and still all my checks are showing in progress. I have emailed cic edmonton office but no response as of now. Some of my friends who gave their test after me, already got the Oath invite. So I wonder how this process works if they say they work on file first come first serve basis.

sapower

Jan 17, 2022
I am also an July 2019 applicant Vancouver office no progress on file after Test update in May 2021. Have sent a web form but I know there will be a standard reply. Contacting the MP is also of no help. We can see many of 2021 2020 getting oath and file closed.. why 2019 are left behind.. certainly this is not FIFO… I have no hopes with the system

• Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
I am on the same boat. I gave my test in July 2021 and still all my checks are showing in progress. I have emailed cic edmonton office but no response as of now. Some of my friends who gave their test after me, already got the Oath invite. So I wonder how this process works if they say they work on file first come first serve basis.
Did you call or emailed your MP about it? Were you asked to email the pages of your passport? What have you done since July? Is your PR card expired? I really don't understand why the CIC Edmonton office is unreachable by phone or email. I think we have to start a group to place our complaint. What do you feel?

harshk88

Jul 26, 2013
Did you call or emailed your MP about it? Were you asked to email the pages of your passport? What have you done since July? Is your PR card expired? I really don't understand why the CIC Edmonton office is unreachable by phone or email. I think we have to start a group to place our complaint. What do you feel?
No I haven't reached MP, I don't think its of any use with my past experiences. Yes I got email to send my passport pages but after that no updates at all. I called CTV office as they are also reaching to IRCC on people behalf. Funny thing is after CTV calls them they are processing files. But I have no luck in that scenario too as CTV told me there is a big list before me so they can't help me.

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
No I haven't reached MP, I don't think its of any use with my past experiences. Yes I got email to send my passport pages but after that no updates at all. I called CTV office as they are also reaching to IRCC on people behalf. Funny thing is after CTV calls them they are processing files. But I have no luck in that scenario too as CTV told me there is a big list before me so they can't help me.
Wow! Sad to hear this! I have also emailed CTV as I was told by some other people of the successes they had using CTV. It's pathetic to see the system functioning like this. Hopefully, we get the next email for the ceremony.

Reactions: harshk88

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
"You are receiving this notice because we are unable to accept your test results for the online citizenship
test due to unusual activities detected upon reviewing your online test submission. This invitation
requests you to attend an interview with a citizenship officer to discuss the reasons for not accepting
your test results. We may administer the citizenship knowledge test. This test will be provided to you
orally (with the questions presented to you in writing) via videoconference at the date and time
stipulated above." What does this mean? There was no malpractice completed. Is there a way to convince the officer? Anybody with prior experience on this?

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Edmonton Office for my application too. October 2020 Applicant. No updated since test completed in July 2021.

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
Edmonton Office for my application too. October 2020 Applicant. No updated since test completed in July 2021.
Hi. What is your status update saying on the background verification, citizenship test, etc? Did you call or email their office in Edmonton?

AhmedA2

Oct 13, 2020
I have completed my test in July 29, August 9 updated since then nothing I have on two greens which is citizenship test and Background verification the rest still in progress. Anyone have any idea?

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
I have completed my test in July 29, August 9 updated since then nothing I have on two greens which is citizenship test and Background verification the rest still in progress. Anyone have any idea?
That's the problem many other people who wrote in July of 2021 are facing. Having another status in progress without anything being done for almost 8 months. Hopefully, things start kicking off fast with the mandates of working from home lifted in March. You can't even contact them or get any update about the application.

AhmedA2

Oct 13, 2020
That's the problem many other people who wrote in July of 2021 are facing. Having another status in progress without anything being done for almost 8 months. Hopefully, things start kicking off fast with the mandates of working from home lifted in March. You can't even contact them or get any update about the application.
But I know more than 10 different people in 2019 and 2020 wrote the test after July all invited citizenship ceremony, some of them already got citizenship. But all July we have one problem that is still no DM just no update we have to figure out what is going on.

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
I also know a lot of people who have written prior and gotten their citizenship ceremony done. The thread seems to be particular of those who wrote their test in July of 2021. There's really nothing much we can do but to wait and be hopeful. I have explored every avenue possible but it is the same story.