+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS status changed to ‘Decision Made’ but I have not received any mail or email

IndraK

Sep 29, 2020
Hello,

I would like to request advice of seniors of this forum on my query.

My Citizenship application was sent in July 2019 and I passed my test in January 2020.

Due to the Covid situation, my application status remained ‘In Process’ till 2nd week of September 2020.

Last week, the ECAS status changed to ‘Decision Made’. But I have not received any mail or email after the latest ECAS update.

My queries are
  • 1. Does ‘Decision Made’ means application approved pending oath ceremony?
  • 2. Or can an application be declined after the ECAS status of ‘Decision Made’ ?
  • 3. Are there any known cases in the past, wherein cases were declined after the ‘Decision Made’ status?
Appreciate your feedback.

navneetsibal

May 2, 2014
Hello,

I would like to request advice of seniors of this forum on my query.

My Citizenship application was sent in July 2019 and I passed my test in January 2020.

Due to the Covid situation, my application status remained ‘In Process’ till 2nd week of September 2020.

Last week, the ECAS status changed to ‘Decision Made’. But I have not received any mail or email after the latest ECAS update.

My queries are
  • 1. Does ‘Decision Made’ means application approved pending oath ceremony?
  • 2. Or can an application be declined after the ECAS status of ‘Decision Made’ ?
  • 3. Are there any known cases in the past, wherein cases were declined after the ‘Decision Made’ status?
Appreciate your feedback.
Once you have completed the test and interview, generally "Decision Made" is meant that your application is approved.
Good luck for your oath invitation.