+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ecas says wifes interview in 3 weeks but no letter or other info yet...

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Does anyone know how we might be able to find out the time and place of the interview?

- My wife will be going into the city often to check the post office.

- I will send an email thru e-cas (Singapore) to repeat my wifes e-mail address as well as telephone #'s and inform them that we understand her interview is in 3 weeks but do not have other information.

Not sure what else we can do.

Thanks.

p.s. when my wife recieved her 1st letter, it was dated just about 35 days before she recieved it so we're kinda worried it might not make it to her in time.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
As I understand it, the date and time of the interview shows in eCAS? She should go to the Canadian consulate nearest her, likely that is where the interview will be held.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
CharlieD10 said:
As I understand it, the date and time of the interview shows in eCAS? She should go to the Canadian consulate nearest her, likely that is where the interview will be held.
On my e-cas it only shows...

We received xxxx xxxx's application for permanent residence on March 10, 2011.

xxxx xxxx's interview is October 4, 2012.

By Canadian Consulate, do you mean the embassy? Because she lives in Cambodia and there is no Canadian Embassy there. The Australian Embassy there acts on behalf of Canada. Do you think that she would find her info there?

edit. Just found a number to call in Cambodia for Canadas embassy. She will call there tomorrow.

Thanks CharlieD10.

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Hello121 said:
On my e-cas it only shows...

We received xxxx xxxx's application for permanent residence on March 10, 2011.

xxxx xxxx's interview is October 4, 2012.

By Canadian Consulate, do you mean the embassy? Because she lives in Cambodia and there is no Canadian Embassy there. The Australian Embassy there acts on behalf of Canada. Do you think that she would find her info there?

edit. Just found a number to call in Cambodia for Canadas embassy. She will call there tomorrow.

Thanks CharlieD10.
She should get a letter somehow with informations where the interview will take place and what papers she should bring at this interview, by mail or email.
Sorry to hear that you are in such a position.
As for calling the Embassy I don't really know if they give information by phone, usually they don't.
Write them an email and asking this, or your wife becouse she is the applicant.

Wish you good luck and good look for your wife's interview.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Thanks I.N

As well, after reading my e-cas on Saturday night I sent out to get my telephone records for my latest 6 months this morning. These are an average of 1 hr/night on telephone. They said that I will not get these records for about 4 weeks and there is nothing I can do to make this happen faster. :eek:

Back in the early summer/late spring my MP told me that my wifes interview wouldnt take place until 2013 so I planned on bringing all the telephone records over when I went to go see my wife in November.

I think I will just have to send the same cards on photocopy to my wife for her to bring to her interview that I sent to the calling card company and for her to let the VO know that they are in process. :-\

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Hello121 said:
Thanks I.N

As well, after reading my e-cas on Saturday night I sent out to get my telephone records for my latest 6 months this morning. These are an average of 1 hr/night on telephone. They said that I will not get these records for about 4 weeks and there is nothing I can do to make this happen faster. :eek:

Back in the early summer/late spring my MP told me that my wifes interview wouldnt take place until 2013 so I planned on bringing all the telephone records over when I went to go see my wife in November.

I think I will just have to send the same cards on photocopy to my wife for her to bring to her interview that I sent to the calling card company and for her to let the VO know that they are in process. :-\
You do what you can but for sure its difficult, I am sure VO will undersdand the situation, though, you should gather any proofs what VO will consider for your wife's application, bank statments proofs, written letters if exists, emails, supporting letters from your family and friends, from her family and friends, pictures together (after your marrige if possible) every proof that you keep in contact...they need to see that you really keep contact with your wife and you supporting her financialy if its sthe case.

Your wife should be prepared for anything, immigration agents are not friendly, they need proofs and facts to support your wife application.

If your relatioship its genuine then its going to be a piece of cake. :)

Wish you a lot of luck!

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
I.N said:
You do what you can but for sure its difficult, I am sure VO will undersdand the situation, though, you should gather any proofs what VO will consider for your wife's application, bank statments proofs, written letters if exists, emails, supporting letters from your family and friends, from her family and friends, pictures together (after your marrige if possible) every proof that you keep in contact...they need to see that you really keep contact with your wife and you supporting her financialy if its sthe case.

Your wife should be prepared for anything, immigration agents are not friendly, they need proofs and facts to support your wife application.

If your relatioship its genuine then its going to be a piece of cake. :)

Wish you a lot of luck!
Also she will need to have with her all her originals papers like birth certificate,marrige certificate, divorce certificate if the case,new criminal record...

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Yup, Thanks I.N

The wife is going to be pretty loaded up with material when she goes to her interview.lol We just don't want to take any chances. I have visited her 3x and will be sending my airline reciept for my 4th visit(for november) which I made last week. Call records of almost every night for the last 2 years and monthly western union reciepts for the last 20 months. With our last 6 months of phone records, if they can even come a little early, maybe October 3rd or even early on the 4th, then that would be fine. I could fax them to her immediately.

We're not sure if we want to rehearse the interview as I think it should sound natural and I have read that they suspect when it sounds rehearsed but at the same time I am kinda worried that my wife might be too nervous and mentally clench.

I really hope this pans out as we were going to try for a baby in November(thinking that this wait could go on for quite a while) but if this goes good then we can have the baby in CANADA!!! :)

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Hello121 said:
Yup, Thanks I.N

The wife is going to be pretty loaded up with material when she goes to her interview.lol We just don't want to take any chances. I have visited her 3x and will be sending my airline reciept for my 4th visit(for november) which I made last week. Call records of almost every night for the last 2 years and monthly western union reciepts for the last 20 months. With our last 6 months of phone records, if they can even come a little early, maybe October 3rd or even early on the 4th, then that would be fine. I could fax them to her immediately.

We're not sure if we want to rehearse the interview as I think it should sound natural and I have read that they suspect when it sounds rehearsed but at the same time I am kinda worried that my wife might be too nervous and mentally clench.

I really hope this pans out as we were going to try for a baby in November(thinking that this wait could go on for quite a while) but if this goes good then we can have the baby in CANADA!!! :)
Hello to you Hello121,

Your wife's interview its going to be a piece of cake for sure, with all this proofs no officer could say no. ;), she just have to be confident and sure with her answers.

At my interview I was the same very confident of course but the officer asked me questions that I never thought will ask, very wiered, they put me questions about my past and my divorce and about my actual marriege or husband almost nothing, I was quite surprised to see that.

So, they could ask your wife just about anything, but no worries I am sure it going to be more than fine. ;).

Good luck with your baby, your wife will be in November there with you and you can go for it!! :p

(usually at your interview give you the answer, they could also ask for her passport right away and put the stamp if nothing else missing on her file ;))

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
After letting the MP know and sending an email to Singapore VO, they sent my wife and I a copy of the letter through e-mail. Then today, my wife received her letter through the mail. :-[ :)

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Hello121 said:
After letting the MP know and sending an email to Singapore VO, they sent my wife and I a copy of the letter through e-mail. Then today, my wife received her letter through the mail. :-[ :)
So so glad for you!

Now you know everything is al about.

All the best!!

And good luck for your wife's interview, its not easy but she will make it I am sure. ;) :)