+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS access

canusa2014

Aug 28, 2014
Has anyone ever had the experience of not being able to log-in to ecas after being able to do so before? Just last week, my husband and I were able to login with his UCI number and see the status of the sponsorship application (I am being sponsored by him). I can still login and see the status of my application with my own UCI number. However, today we tried to check his status, but this is the message we received:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
•Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
•This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
•At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:•sponsored a member of the family class;
•applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
•applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
•applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
•applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
•applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
•applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
•applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).

Has anyone else had this happen? Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated!

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
Use File number/Application number

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
canusa2014 said:
Has anyone ever had the experience of not being able to log-in to ecas after being able to do so before? Just last week, my husband and I were able to login with his UCI number and see the status of the sponsorship application (I am being sponsored by him). I can still login and see the status of my application with my own UCI number. However, today we tried to check his status, but this is the message we received:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
•This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
•At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:•sponsored a member of the family class;
•applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);

The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).

Has anyone else had this happen? Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, this is currently happening for me.

I am the applicant and I have my own UCI number. I can log in with my UCI number and my details (date of birth, etc) and with the file number

However I cannot log in with my wife's UCI number and her details.

This has happened to me twice before and normally fixes itself within a day. My thoughts? They have my file open and because it is open it cannot be viewed on ECAS. I am shooting in the dark but I hope that is the case!

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
I just logged in to verify and I am successfully logged in by using File Number/Application number option

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
handsup said:
I just logged in to verify and I am successfully logged in by using File Number/Application number option
Yes, and the OP said that they can log in but only with the applicant's details, not the sponsor.

Use this for knowing the 3 options available to log in with

• Sponsor: Their UCI, surname, date of birth and country of birth
  • Applicant: Their UCI, surname, date of birth and country of birth
  • Applicant: The File Number (F000...), their surname, date of birth and country of birth

In the above list only the bottom 2 are working for the OP (and me)

canusa2014

Aug 28, 2014
Thanks for your replies! I am hoping it is just a glitch in the system or they are working on the application. Sadly we applied inland in February 2014 (I know, I know, I know, a mistake for US citizens--that's what happens when you hire a lawyer who is supposed to be an expert in all of this, but clearly doesn't know what they are doing). Since they are still just working on applications from August 2013, I highly doubt they are working on ours yet, but who really knows!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Knowing CIC it is probably a glitch. It first happened to me 2 days after receiving SA. It was working the day after I received SA but then the next day it broke.

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try this:

1) Identification Type: Choose File Number

2) Identification Number: F000XXXXXX

3) Surname: Insert surname of the APPLICANT not the sponsor

4) Date of Birth: Insert date of the APPLICANT not the sponsor

5) Country of Birth: Insert country of the APPLICANT not the sponsor

Reactions: wbenamara

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they are doing system maintenance ,,, if you noted the date at the bottom of their screen it says 'Date modified: 2014-11-04' it used to 2014-05-19 or something like that ... last week or so.

canusa2014

Aug 28, 2014
Thanks, but this only brings up my information, not my husband (the sponsor's) information. I will just try again later and hope that things are fixed!

OmNi2012 said:
Try this:

1) Identification Type: Choose File Number

2) Identification Number: F000XXXXXX

3) Surname: Insert surname of the APPLICANT not the sponsor

4) Date of Birth: Insert date of the APPLICANT not the sponsor

5) Country of Birth: Insert country of the APPLICANT not the sponsor

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Seems there are numerous Inland Applicants having this issue as well. I'm guessing it's a CIC glitch?!?

I can log into mine just fine though.....no progress to report though ??? ::)

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
canusa2014 said:

Hi,
Same here I can't access my husband ecas (sponsor) but mine is ok (being sponsored).

lionhead75

Nov 24, 2014
I've experienced the same problem today (and ongoing at this time). CIC agent told me today @ 14:08 they are doing updates to the site to correct some issues. No more information.

yousuf-kochak

Nov 20, 2014
Hello every body,
I am also in trouble with this issue since I have received my UCI and Application number I am not able to check the status of my application.
please help me in this issue.

mrashid123

Nov 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
~ July 2013 (after receiving my Originals)
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014!!! (Soo relieved!! Alhamd!!)
LANDED..........
14-03-2014!! (Happiest day of my life!! :):)
They actually don't assign a UCI number to the applicant until much later into the process.... atleast that's wut happened in my case if I recall correctly.... I used my details to log in n check up on the status.... my wife was assigned another UCI when our file was processed further.... I guess it was around the time they requested a re-medical.... that email had a UCI number n that was the one that they assigned to my wife.... after this point my wife was able to log in with her details using her UCI number