+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA required before submitting EE profile for FSW?

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get my brothers profile activated on his CIC account but I noticed he answered the ECA question as a NO which may made him ineligibile.

Does the ECA process need to be completed before submitting your profile? Also, how long does the process take through WES? (He is in India and I am a PR in Canada)
The CRS calculator gives him 431 points.

Thanks!

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get my brothers profile activated on his CIC account but I noticed he answered the ECA question as a NO which may made him ineligibile.

Does the ECA process need to be completed before submitting your profile? Also, how long does the process take through WES? (He is in India and I am a PR in Canada)
The CRS calculator gives him 431 points.

Thanks!
Not having an ECA would not make him ineligible but it would surely give him a fighting chance at getting an ITA for the next draw. The cut-off score for the draw conducted on October 18th was 436 points and before that, the lowest score was in the range of 433-435 points I think. No draw has gone below 433 since the draw conducted on May 31st 2017 (413 points). Since then the scores have been 433 and above so I strongly advise that he applies for an ECA to submit along with his application to get as many points as he can.

An ECA from WES takes a month or two (2) to process but it will be well worth it in the long run.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Not having an ECA would not make him ineligible but it would surely give him a fighting chance at getting an ITA for the next draw. The cut-off score for the draw conducted on October 18th was 436 points and before that, the lowest score was in the range of 433-435 points I think. No draw has gone below 433 since the draw conducted on May 31st 2017 (413 points). Since then the scores have been 433 and above so I strongly advise that he applies for an ECA to submit along with his application to get as many points as he can.

An ECA from WES takes a month or two (2) to process but it will be well worth it in the long run.

This is not correct.

@OP - ECA is must to create the profile. Without ECA how would someone be able to figure out their Canadian degree equivalent?

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So can we activate his profile and do the EDA concurrently as we await an ITA? I am unable to determine why CIC rejected the profile as ineligible as

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
This is not correct.

@OP - ECA is must to create the profile. Without ECA how would someone be able to figure out their Canadian degree equivalent?
I didn't see that he was outside Canada in which case it is needed... it isn't mandatory for applicants already here though