+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA- Please help me understand

himsca

Sep 25, 2017
I had few questions regarding ECA. It would be great to get answers for them:

1. We stay outside of India. We will have to engage a agency to send transcripts directly to WES Canada. Any tried and tested agency? Any reviews on Mail transcripts service?

2. How many copies to order of transcripts? WES would need only one i assume?

3. Do we only need to get primary applicant's transcripts evaluated by WES? or spouse education transcripts also needs to be evaluated and fetches points?

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi,

you can do everything by yourself on the website.
-Create the account in wes
-Find out is your college-university has online request, if not sent that to your family or friends ask them to submit in college.
-one copy is more than enough
- You can do for your spouse as well if you need more points - if you have enough points to be in the draw then its not necessary

Last edited:

kseekba27

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
I had few questions regarding ECA. It would be great to get answers for them:

1. We stay outside of India. We will have to engage a agency to send transcripts directly to WES Canada. Any tried and tested agency? Any reviews on Mail transcripts service?

2. How many copies to order of transcripts? WES would need only one i assume?

3. Do we only need to get primary applicant's transcripts evaluated by WES? or spouse education transcripts also needs to be evaluated and fetches points?
1. Not sure if outsourcing to agency would help here except pay for convinience. I know a friend living outside of inida, sending in his borther on his behalf to get his Degree certificates mailed back to usa and he then mailed it to WES.
2.WES would send 1 physical report to you and one to CIC i believe. Its all included in package. you can tpick and choose.
3. Get it done for both. You always wanna grab as many points as possible..We got it done for both of us.

himsca

Sep 25, 2017
Thank you all for replying. We dont have a family member who will be able to request for our transcripts as these are in different states. We have to go with an outsourced agency. Any recommendations will be of great help!. I now have a better understanding of the process based on the answers. Will create an account on WES.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I know people who have used maitranscripts.com and are happy. I have personally used cleartranscripts.com and they were very good. For a fee, they will do all the running around and get the sealed transcripts for you and courier it over to you. You can then forward it to WES from your end.

I suggest you call them both and decide one of them! Thanks!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I need to add that the whole process of getting transcripts from these agencies takes about 2 to 4 weeks depending on the speed in which the university gives them the transcripts. In my case, my university took 3 weeks and then one week for other things like sending the paper work to clear transcripts, getting it back through courier etc since I live abroad. So the whole thing is a 4 week wait. Then the 45 days wait for WES etc. So the whole process of ECA takes about 2 to 3 months!

My advice is that since you are going through this process, I would recommend taking 2 or 3 sets of transcripts. The incidental costs of the additional transcripts are minimal ( like a couple of hundred rupees) since the other fixed costs like agency fees, courier etc is the same. I recommend 3 sets for the following reasons:-

1 - You may not be happy with your ECA agency and might decide to try with another ECA agency. It happened to me where WES made a mistake and then I had to apply again with IQAS to get the right evaluation. WES refused to correct it. ECA agencies are not consistent especially when it comes to Masters/PGDM etc. In my case, I had to wait another 30 days to get an extra set of transcripts from Cleartranscripts.

2 - It is good to have a spare sealed transcript if you want to pursue any form of education in Canada. They ask for sealed transcripts sometimes.

Reactions: himsca

himsca

Sep 25, 2017
Thank you so much for the detailed answer. This gives me a better understanding of how to proceed. I had thoughts of ordering extra copies, with your answer I will order them.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Thank you so much for the detailed answer. This gives me a better understanding of how to proceed. I had thoughts of ordering extra copies, with your answer I will order them.
All the best!

himsca

Sep 25, 2017
I need to add that the whole process of getting transcripts from these agencies takes about 2 to 4 weeks depending on the speed in which the university gives them the transcripts. In my case, my university took 3 weeks and then one week for other things like sending the paper work to clear transcripts, getting it back through courier etc since I live abroad. So the whole thing is a 4 week wait. Then the 45 days wait for WES etc. So the whole process of ECA takes about 2 to 3 months!

My advice is that since you are going through this process, I would recommend taking 2 or 3 sets of transcripts. The incidental costs of the additional transcripts are minimal ( like a couple of hundred rupees) since the other fixed costs like agency fees, courier etc is the same. I recommend 3 sets for the following reasons:-

1 - You may not be happy with your ECA agency and might decide to try with another ECA agency. It happened to me where WES made a mistake and then I had to apply again with IQAS to get the right evaluation. WES refused to correct it. ECA agencies are not consistent especially when it comes to Masters/PGDM etc. In my case, I had to wait another 30 days to get an extra set of transcripts from Cleartranscripts.

2 - It is good to have a spare sealed transcript if you want to pursue any form of education in Canada. They ask for sealed transcripts sometimes.

Hello,
Reaching out again, can you help me with this query? I needed opinions if we can do this:

1. Application1 - Create an application with my husband as the primary applicant. Our education evaluation for both is done by WES. This way we are in the queue and we can try for PNP nomination.

2. Application 2- I have an SCDL diploma which I am now planning to get evaluated by IQAS. This is time-consuming and gets confusing. If my diploma is recognized I can become primary and get more points for age.

- Do I need to get my bachelors - 3 years from India also again evaluated by IQAS?
- Do we need to update application 1 with my new credential?
- Is this allowed that we have two applications? Or we need to withdraw one?

d_hope

May 22, 2018
1. Not sure if outsourcing to agency would help here except pay for convinience. I know a friend living outside of inida, sending in his borther on his behalf to get his Degree certificates mailed back to usa and he then mailed it to WES.
2.WES would send 1 physical report to you and one to CIC i believe. Its all included in package. you can tpick and choose.
3. Get it done for both. You always wanna grab as many points as possible..We got it done for both of us.
Hi did your friend have his original certificate in India or with him. I have mine with me, so not sure if they will attest it without the original. Any Idea?