+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA information?

awaixjvd

Jul 31, 2017
Lahore
Hi
I want to know something about ECA (including all CES,WES,ICAS,ICES). How they evaluate the educational transcripts?

1. Is it a total evaluation for all transcripts including all the transcripts right from the start? OR
2. Is it transcript by transcript evaluation?

I am asking this because here in Pakistan, the process for sending the grade 10 & 12 are very expensive and hectic as compared to rest of them (including bachelors and masters). The process for bachelor and masters is very simple and short. I am thinking to NOT send the grade 10 & 12 (as it is understood that a guy did grade 10 & 12 after which he did bachelor & masters). I am thinking to send Only bachelors, masters and M.phil for ECA.
This is why i asked about the process of ECA. If they do it separately for each degree then i can skip the grade 10 & 12.
Please advice me what you think is better.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I want to know something about ECA (including all CES,WES,ICAS,ICES). How they evaluate the educational transcripts?

1. Is it a total evaluation for all transcripts including all the transcripts right from the start? OR
2. Is it transcript by transcript evaluation?

I am asking this because here in Pakistan, the process for sending the grade 10 & 12 are very expensive and hectic as compared to rest of them (including bachelors and masters). The process for bachelor and masters is very simple and short. I am thinking to NOT send the grade 10 & 12 (as it is understood that a guy did grade 10 & 12 after which he did bachelor & masters). I am thinking to send Only bachelors, masters and M.phil for ECA.
This is why i asked about the process of ECA. If they do it separately for each degree then i can skip the grade 10 & 12.
Please advice me what you think is better.
Go with IQAS and you will have to send the highest degree only. As you have said with ECA of highest degree (M.Phil) in your case the assumption is correct that you must have completed all the pre-requisite degrees.
So MPhil only from IQAS will do the job.
Good luck

Reactions: awaixjvd

awaixjvd

Jul 31, 2017
Lahore
Go with IQAS and you will have to send the highest degree only. As you have said with ECA of highest degree (M.Phil) in your case the assumption is correct that you must have completed all the pre-requisite degrees.
So MPhil only from IQAS will do the job.
Good luck
The only problem with CES and IQAS is, they take 17weeks (CES) and 9weeks (IQAS). I don't want to spend that much time waiting.
The rest of the time frames are as under:
WES: 7 days (updated one)
ICAS: 20 weeks
ICES: 5 weeks

I want it to be done as soon as possible.
But i want a serious and sincere suggestion as well as being realistic. Should i send all documents as matriculation & Fsc (grade 10 & 12) are very expansive and tiring process. On the other hand, HEC (bachelors,masters and MS) are easy and simple and not such expansive.

Do you really think i should only send the masters and MS (Mphil) degree and leave the rest?

awaixjvd

Jul 31, 2017
Lahore
One more point i wanted to ask, if anyone has that info regarding ECA.
If i send the (bachelors,masters and MS) from HEC to WES, and they give me ECA, will it reduce my CRS score as based on this conversion table?.

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
The only problem with CES and IQAS is, they take 17weeks (CES) and 9weeks (IQAS). I don't want to spend that much time waiting.

But i want a serious and sincere suggestion as well as being realistic. Should i send all documents as matriculation & Fsc (grade 10 & 12) are very expansive and tiring process. On the other hand, HEC (bachelors,masters and MS) are easy and simple and not such expansive.

Do you really think i should only send the masters and MS (Mphil) degree and leave the rest?
There is no need to send year 10 & 12, though WES asks to send it. You only need to send the highest qualification. However, it is not assured that the Eca provider will assess a masters degree as Masters. Send all your qualifications completed after Year 12, in order to score more points. I did the same and got done with my ECA from WES.

Bottom line: Send your bachelor, masters and MS

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017

WES takes 20 days for ECA report after they have received all your docs and they are the quickest amongst all with a flat fee of $200 for all credentials.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more point i wanted to ask, if anyone has that info regarding ECA.
If i send the (bachelors,masters and MS) from HEC to WES, and they give me ECA, will it reduce my CRS score as based on this conversion table?.
You will be awarded CRS for the highest degree, no matter you get ECA done for earlier degrees or not.

awaixjvd

Jul 31, 2017
Lahore
Sending your bachelors, masters, MS will broaden your chances to score more points in the CRS
Thanks a lot for clearing out my confusions.
Yes i was also planning NOT to send the grade 10 & 12 but to send only the bachelor, masters and m.phil as the last three are sealed in one envelope by HEC in pakistan.
I am really thankful to you for your help.

FaizanF

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks a lot for clearing out my confusions.
Yes i was also planning NOT to send the grade 10 & 12 but to send only the bachelor, masters and m.phil as the last three are sealed in one envelope by HEC in pakistan
I am really thankful to you for your help.
Hi,
What do you mean when you said "as the last three are sealed in one envelope by HEC in pakistan"? I am new here. I am confused about sending documents to WES. Do I only need to send copies of original documents to WES? or How this process works? Kindly help.

awaixjvd

Jul 31, 2017
Lahore
Hi,
What do you mean when you said "as the last three are sealed in one envelope by HEC in pakistan"? I am new here. I am confused about sending documents to WES. Do I only need to send copies of original documents to WES? or How this process works? Kindly help.
The complete step by step is:
First you go to relevant board and give them photocopies of your matric and inter degrees, they attest it and give it to you in sealed envelope. You bring the sealed envelope to IBCC and get your original matric and inter degrees attested. Don't open the sealed envelope, as only IBCC i authorized to open it, else your money will go wasted. Then you go again to board office with original degrees (attested by IBCC) and ask them to seal the documents. AT THIS POINT, there is a confusion as what does they seal in envelope (original or photocopies).
After IBCC, make profile on HEC and ask for date for documents attestation. HEC attests the original ones and gives them to you and gives you the sealed envelope of photocopies of BA and onward degrees. You take the sealed envelope from HEC. Now put both the envelopes (board + HEC) and write WES reference numbers on all and send to WES.
The question which i asked above in this thread was related to bypassing the process of going to board office again and taking their sealed envelope, because they charge again for this shit (the shit of our pakistani system). WES asks to send everything but it is not that important to send grade 10 & 12 to WES, only the HEC envelope (BA and onwards) is enough. As those are the main degrees which needs to be evaluated.

Reactions: FaizanF

FaizanF

Oct 28, 2017
Oh thats quite a long process. My problem is that my Bachelors Degree is from London Metropolitan University() and my Post Graduate Certification is from Cardiff Met. I studied in UK. Here in Pakistan how should I go about it?

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Oh thats quite a long process. My problem is that my Bachelors Degree is from London Metropolitan University() and my Post Graduate Certification is from Cardiff Met. I studied in UK. Here in Pakistan how should I go about it?
You get your marksheet transcript attested by the issuing bodies, in your case, your institute and ask them to put the docs and stamp at the back flip & sign it. There are few ECA providers, visit their website & have a clear understanding. Thats it.

Last edited:

FaizanF

Oct 28, 2017
You get your marksheet transcript attested by the issuing bodies, in your case, your institute and ask them to put the docs and stamp at the back flip & sign it. There are few ECA providers, visit their website & have a clear understanding. Thats it.
So I will have to send my original documents to my Institute for attestation and afterwards to send them back to me?

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
So I will have to send my original documents to my Institute for attestation and afterwards to send them back to me?
Well, I dont think you have to send your originals. Your institute will have it in their system. I would suggest you to contact your University and tell them that they have to send your attested documents to ECA providers as you are not in france anymore and what should be the steps etc. Firstly, choose where you want to get your ECA done and have the understandings about their procedures and then send your uni the above inquiry. Which uni did you go in France?

Reactions: FaizanF