+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA+ IELTS Done. What to do next

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
I just received my ECA evaluation result from WES. I have my IELTS Score ready as well. Is there anything more required to fill out the EE Profile before I submit?

I had read somewhere that I need to wait for a couple of days after I receive my ECA evaluation before I enter its details in my profile. Is it true?

Also, when is the next draw likely to happen? I believe there was a draw yesterday, so I might have some time before the next draw, right?

madrazi

Apr 27, 2017
1. You need the TRF number for the IELTS score and the test resulat date (both of which can be found in the paper report released by the IELTS center).
2. You also need the ECA evaluation number associated with your evaluation.

With the information above, you should be able to create and submit the EE profile right away (with other personal/education/work experience information).
The 65th Draw just took place (May 31st) and the next draw might happen in a week or after two weeks (going by recent trends). Goodluck with your application.

Reactions: girishjs111

sujam

May 11, 2017
New Jersey
1. You need the TRF number for the IELTS score and the test resulat date (both of which can be found in the paper report released by the IELTS center).
2. You also need the ECA evaluation number associated with your evaluation.

With the information above, you should be able to create and submit the EE profile right away (with other personal/education/work experience information).
The 65th Draw just took place (May 31st) and the next draw might happen in a week or after two weeks (going by recent trends). Goodluck with your application.
Hi @madrazi,

Can I ask you a question? How did you prepare for IELTS?

Thanks.

madrazi

Apr 27, 2017
Hi @madrazi,

Can I ask you a question? How did you prepare for IELTS?

Thanks.
To be honest, I didn't prepare much for my IELTS. I live in the States, so speaking and writing sections weren't difficult in IELTS for me. I did look up for listening practice tests online (youtube) and did a few of them to get used to the format. Similarly, I learnt all about the format of each section of IELTS to make sure I know what to expect in the test. Apart from this, I didn't do much before IELTS. From my experience, I can tell you this:
>> Try to practice speaking english as a group (like joining a local stand-up comedy group or a jam session or an improv group/toastmasters etc). This will give you the practice and fluency required to talk about any random thing at length without stopping or hesitating. This will also improve your writing skills since you will start thinking about a lot more ideas and scenarios to write about.