+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for homeopathic doctors (BHMS)

Nomby123

Mar 21, 2015
Hi guys, I am new member and just seeking for help. I have done BHMS(bachelor of homeopathic medicine and surgery) from India.( baba farid university of health and sciences faridkot punjab) my university is not NAAc recognised, so I can't get ECA from WES.could I go for CES or IcAS? Or these two also has list of recognised universities?

mdmm

Aug 24, 2009
Hi,
I am a Canadian citizen in Toronto.My Pakistani citizen brother has done degree in Homeopathy from a college in Pakistan which is recognized/licensed , by PMDC (Pakistan Medical and Dental Council ) , to practice as a Homeopathic doctor in Pakistan.Kindly let me know, is there any category or way to get equalency or registration and immigration in Canada from Pakistan.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
mdmm said:
Hi,
I am a Canadian citizen in Toronto.My Pakistani citizen brother has done degree in Homeopathy from a college in Pakistan which is recognized/licensed , by PMDC (Pakistan Medical and Dental Council ) , to practice as a Homeopathic doctor in Pakistan.Kindly let me know, is there any category or way to get equalency or registration and immigration in Canada from Pakistan.
Your brother will need to get his professional degree accessed and only certain professional degrees are accepted in Canada. Check this link and read under "Professional degree needed to practise in a licensed profession", http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Folks, I'm sorry to tell you, but homeopathy is a superstition. It exists in Canada too, unfortunately -- but CIC does not recognize homeopathy as being a real degree, or a real profession. You are not going to be able to emigrate with this as your qualification, any more than if you were an astrologer or a palm reader.

mdmm

Aug 24, 2009
Dear friends.
Thank you very much for full reply... So my brother from Pakistan can not apply under Homeopathy.
But his wife is an English teacher with Master degree in English and M.ED ( education) and teaching English subjects in a Pakistani high school for 14 years.Having 2 master degrees and over 14 years teaching experience of English , can she apply and get immigration to Canada??
What would be her category/title / Canada National occupational code, to apply for??
Kindly reply .Reply

nope

Oct 3, 2015
If you brother's wife has a teaching certificate, that might be possible -- I assume that comes with an M.ED. Because teaching is a registered profession, her ability to emigrate will depend on whether her qualifications are appropriate for Canada. Look into the requirements for Express Entry, those will determine whether she comes or not.

A couple of points. Teaching is surprisingly hard to get a job in, here, because the pay is high and the profession is respected (unlike my home country, the USA). That means that it is very difficult even for Canadian teachers to find work in places like Toronto. Since with Express Entry the chances become much higher if one has a job offer, your wife can do a few things to improve her chances of getting one:

- consider working in remote schools at first. Fly-in communities in northern Canada need teachers desperately. Spend two years in one, save your money, and you would be in good shape to move elsewhere. And, you might like it . . .

- find online classes for specialized subjects that different provinces may require.

- is the degree in English language or literature?