Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Dear Members,

I have some query regarding the ECA. I have a PG Diploma through Distance learning in India. The program is approved by DEC/ UGC. Has any one able to get the distance learning diploma/ degree evaluated by any agency. If yes, please do let me know the agency as I have researched and observed that most of the time WES is not evaluating such degrees. Has any one tried from any other agency than WES.

Name of the college is Symbiosis center for distance learning (SCDL).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Max

Reactions: er.chiragkhurana

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Maxpandey said:
Dear Members,

I have some query regarding the ECA. I have a PG Diploma through Distance learning in India. The program is approved by DEC/ UGC. Has any one able to get the distance learning diploma/ degree evaluated by any agency. If yes, please do let me know the agency as I have researched and observed that most of the time WES is not evaluating such degrees. Has any one tried from any other agency than WES.

Regards
Max
I have read posts that WES does not recognise SCDL. You can use the free tool or check out other ECA providers.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Dear xpressentry,

Thanks for the response. I have emailed to other agencies as well however getting quite ambiguous responses from them. They are not clearly telling me that whether they will evaluate the diploma. All of them want me to send the transcripts first, off course, with $200 fee. This is the reason I want to clear this first. Have you ever got a chance to see some ones SCDL diploma get evaluated by any other agency.

Regards
Max

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Maxpandey said:
Dear xpressentry,

Thanks for the response. I have emailed to other agencies as well however getting quite ambiguous responses from them. They are not clearly telling me that whether they will evaluate the diploma. All of them want me to send the transcripts first, off course, with $200 fee. This is the reason I want to clear this first. Have you ever got a chance to see some ones SCDL diploma get evaluated by any other agency.

Regards
Max
An ECA agency will not be able to provide details unless they review the documents. For them to review your documents, you need to pay them. My wife emailed WES to ask if they would accept college issued transcripts that are signed, stamped and in a sealed envelope. They told they can and asked her to send it in. After sending, they rejected the documents. Couldnt argue with them.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
I understand that. Was she able to get her degree evaluated from any other agency than WES after the rejection,

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Maxpandey said:
I understand that. Was she able to get her degree evaluated from any other agency than WES after the rejection,
WES rejected her college issued transcripts. She then got copies of marksheets attested by the university and sent those. WES accepted those documents.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Thanks. I am thinking of sending the transcripts to ICAS. I hope they evaluates the SCDL diploma. In their email they said that if institute is approved by DEC/UGC they will evaluate. SCDL is approved by DEC/UGC.

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
Maxpandey said:
Thanks. I am thinking of sending the transcripts to ICAS. I hope they evaluates the SCDL diploma. In their email they said that if institute is approved by DEC/UGC they will evaluate. SCDL is approved by DEC/UGC.
what qualifications do you have?

do you have PGDM? 1 or 2 year?
do you also have graduation? 3 or 4 year?

as you said, if the college / university os approved by UGC and/or DEB, distance education will be recognised.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
I have a Post Graduate diploma in Business Management from SCDL Pune. This is a 2 years diploma. Also, I have a bachelors degree (3 years full time, from recognized university). So, bachelors is not an issue.

I wrote to ICAS and they replied that if institution is approved by UGC/ DEC, they will assess the qualification. SCDL is approved by DEC/ UGC. All the relevant approval documents are there on their website.

Reactions: Raghul

raultest

Apr 22, 2017
Maxpandey said:
I have a Post Graduate diploma in Business Management from SCDL Pune. This is a 2 years diploma. Also, I have a bachelors degree (3 years full time, from recognized university). So, bachelors is not an issue.

I wrote to ICAS and they replied that if institution is approved by UGC/ DEC, they will assess the qualification. SCDL is approved by DEC/ UGC. All the relevant approval documents are there on their website.
Hi Maxpandey,

Does ICAS accept transcripts send by applicant on behalf of university?. I have transcripts with me issued from university for bachelor`s degree and PGDBA degree from SCDL.

IrfanLone15

Apr 4, 2017
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
No
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi

Got ITA on 5th April. CRS 435

Now while completing eAPR- I found that I have mentioned IELTS Refrence Number AE001...... as certificate number in my EE profile instead of the number mentioned at the bottom of TRF Certificate.

Now I don't want my application to be rejected basis this silly mistake.

Please suggest that should I reject the invitation & enter the pool again??

trvl1982

May 4, 2017
Did any one get positive result for SCDL by WES ? I didn't Find SCDL in free tool . However I see SIEC listed there. Please confirm . Thanks

hari2k10cse

May 31, 2017
Hi Maxpandey,

Did you send the SCDL transcripts to ICAS for evaluation? Have they considered the SCDL university/course and evaluated the credential?

Please advise. Thanks

fromcntocan

Jul 10, 2015
Dear Members,

Regards
Max
Hi Max, I did my ECA with WES without any problem. My distance learning for an MA degree was done with UCL Institute of Education, which has an institution located in England. There was no problem for me.

What I did was applied for a verification at WES first, and then filled all the forms from WES and posted them to my school, who then directly delivered all documents to WES. The entire process took about 2 months.

Hope this helps.

Raghul

Sep 14, 2014

Hi- I'm also sailing on the same situation as you. My SCDL diploma has been rejected by WES so thought of sending it to another insitute but not sure which one i can opt for? Can you please help me? If its through ICAS then can we send diploma xerox instead of transcripts?