+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for 2 credentials?

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
OK, here is another confusion..

WES has done my Master's degree assessment.

I got 126 pts at EE as I apply along with my wife

I understand that maximum is 140 pts if candidate applies with a spouse or common-law partner and you can get those for PhD.

I also have completed One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university.
CIC web site shows 84 pts maximum with a spouse.

If I will get assessment done by WES is that mean I will get some extra point for my 2nd credential? If yes, than how many? 16 to reach level of 140?

Or it doesn't matter and they only count highest education level? If this is true, why do they put info like one below?

I have two degrees from outside Canada. Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment for both?
To get the most points possible for your education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, you should get your highest degree, diploma or certificate assessed (PhD, MA, BA).

If you have more than one credential, you may want to get both assessed if it would give you more points.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You've the highest points one could have as a married non PhD applicant. That instruction is applicable to those applicants who have another post secondary degree/diploma in addition to a Bachelors degree (they can choose '2 or more...' option) unlike your situation where you have a Masters credential.

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
The points are awarded based on the level of the degree, not the quantity. That means a PhD will grant you the most points.

However, for the assessment of the credentials depends on what you want to show. Although, the latest credential should be enough, many of us have had more than one credential assessed. I, for instance, claimed points for my MBA, but I got both my Bachelor's and Master's assessed. I have a second Master's, but it doesn't have an impact on my score.

There's an education subcategory (in CRS) especially for two degrees (a Bachelor's and an Associate's, for example). As you mention, you could have a credential as principal applicant and your spouse could have another one. Other than that, I don't see how you can earn more points with more credentials.

Good luck,

Serge

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Thanks. It would be beautiful if I could get points for 2nd credential. In my case it could be 84 pts extra and welcome to paradise. Still walking through the valley of the shadow and death :p