+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA confusion

adspiercy

May 13, 2017
NOC Code......
hi all, first post on these forums.

I have had my ECA results back from WES and they are unclear. I have gone back to WES for clarity but that seems to be taking an age which is slowing down our application. So wanted to sound out people on here who may have had something similar happen to them.

I graduated back in 2003 from The Oxford school of drama after completing three years at level 6 in the U.K. Education framework which equivalent to a BA w honours.

When I received my WES evaluation back it simply says Canadian equivalent "Performance Diploma" and that's it. Nothing about length or level. It does recognise the institution though.

Looking athe conversion table this could be a number of levels, one year, two year, three year even four year equivalent.

Do I assume they have recognised it as a three year diploma which it is?

Clarity is a wonderful thing!

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
So you would say yes it is three years??
College or University Diploma
Two years minimum, or four to six full-time semesters

College diplomas in Canada most often comprise a minimum of two full-time academic years of specialized post-secondary study. Like certificate programs, diploma programs are mainly developed to meet specific demands of trades and technical or vocational careers, and – depending on the job required - may span upwards of three of four years. Diploma programs are also likely to have a co-op internship component or other apprenticeship options, and diplomas can be upgraded or transferred into a bachelor’s degree. Admission into a college diploma program requires a completed senior secondary program in Canada (or its equivalent).

Yes.

adspiercy

May 13, 2017
NOC Code......
College or University Diploma
Two years minimum, or four to six full-time semesters

College diplomas in Canada most often comprise a minimum of two full-time academic years of specialized post-secondary study. Like certificate programs, diploma programs are mainly developed to meet specific demands of trades and technical or vocational careers, and – depending on the job required - may span upwards of three of four years. Diploma programs are also likely to have a co-op internship component or other apprenticeship options, and diplomas can be upgraded or transferred into a bachelor’s degree. Admission into a college diploma program requires a completed senior secondary program in Canada (or its equivalent).

Yes.
That's what I thought,