+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - Clarification on Adding a New Credential

faizanshujaat

Jul 19, 2016
Hi all,

I got my bachelors degree assessed from CES University of Toronto in 2016. Now that I have completed my MBA (3 years) I'm wondering whether I will need to assess both degrees or just the MBA

I wrote to CES and they responded that I can add a credential to a completed ECA report. However, I'm confused about its impact on my express entry application whether it would be considered as a 'Masters degree' or '2 or more degrees with one more than 3 years'. My bachelors was equivalent to 4 years program as per my ECA.

It would be very helpful if someone can guide through the process for adding a new credential to an existing ECA report.

Thanks in advance.

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Masters option gives you more points than 2 or more degrees. You should get masters assessed but person often do both to upload even if they select the masters options. I believe it’s to show you would have obtained a bachelors before the masters.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi all,

I got my bachelors degree assessed from CES University of Toronto in 2016. Now that I have completed my MBA (3 years) I'm wondering whether I will need to assess both degrees or just the MBA

I wrote to CES and they responded that I can add a credential to a completed ECA report. However, I'm confused about its impact on my express entry application whether it would be considered as a 'Masters degree' or '2 or more degrees with one more than 3 years'. My bachelors was equivalent to 4 years program as per my ECA.

It would be very helpful if someone can guide through the process for adding a new credential to an existing ECA report.

Thanks in advance.
If you will ask CES to evaluate your Masters degree and quote your previous assessment with them, then they will only ask for Masters transcripts. And there is no problem in that.

asifabid

Jun 14, 2017
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
Hi, how to upgrade the ECA report to add new degree ? Like in your case you added MBA to your existing ECA report ? The website does not show any help regarding this.

asifabid

Jun 14, 2017
Reactions: hamgha