+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Earliest time to apply for study permit extension

akattijnr

Aug 26, 2018
Hi there,

a. As you should apply for study permit extension at least 30 days before your permit expires, what is the earliest days (at most days/months) I can apply for the extension?

b. Like can apply 6 months before it expires?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

a. As you should apply for study permit extension at least 30 days before your permit expires, what is the earliest days (at most days/months) I can apply for the extension?

b. Like can apply 6 months before it expires?

Thank you
Would apply many months in advance because it takes a long time to get approval. You will have implied status in the meantime.

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Would apply many months in advance because it takes a long time to get approval. You will have implied status in the meantime.
Hello! Is the long time to get a study permit extension approved a recent issue due to Covid, or is it usually the case that extension takes a long time?

Thanks a lot for your guidance here...

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello! Is the long time to get a study permit extension approved a recent issue due to Covid, or is it usually the case that extension takes a long time?

Thanks a lot for your guidance here...
It was long for a white before Covid19 but they actually starting processing a lot faster for those that have biometrics done (probably becos they stopped study permits from outside Canada)

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
My sister applied in June no news yet. Her permit is expiring in September.