+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-certificate

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
How does one request for the e-certificate? Do you request it at the oath ceremony? Is there only a set reason for which they will provide one of these e-certificates, as compared to a hard copy? Thanks.

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
How does one request for the e-certificate? Do you request it at the oath ceremony? Is there only a set reason for which they will provide one of these e-certificates, as compared to a hard copy? Thanks.
I remember an option while applying online. E-Certificate was given as a choice. There is no "requirement" for it in general.
I also see other people requesting e-certificate on receiving the invite/ during Oath ceremony.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
I remember an option while applying online. E-Certificate was given as a choice. There is no "requirement" for it in general.
I also see other people requesting e-certificate on receiving the invite/ during Oath ceremony.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/apply.html

I researched some on google and found this page. There is form on the page that tells of one is eligible to receive the e-certificate or not. But I am not yet totally sure if that is what this is.
Could anyone confirm?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Some people after getting oath email requested for e-certificate and it was approved.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Some people after getting oath email requested for e-certificate and it was approved.
I read that somewhere too. But it would seem like these people were travelling and had tickets to show, and so got the expedited e-certificate. But we’ll need someone who’s got the e-certificate to confirm all this.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
You can ask the officer when they check your document and ask you to cut your PR b4 the ceremony starts and then once you ask the officer can make it happen for you, I have seen in this forum someone said that is how they did it.

Good luck

Reactions: Rutherfords

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I read that somewhere too. But it would seem like these people were travelling and had tickets to show, and so got the expedited e-certificate. But we’ll need someone who’s got the e-certificate to confirm all this.
As @RefugeeHelp1 suggested you can ask the officer as well give a try via email too. e-certificate is now widely being given out without being asked so it's not a special use case which would need travel and ticket.

Reactions: Rutherfords