+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-CAS observation

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Hello All,
Hello my friends, once again me with another interesting observation.
Most of us who have applied for immigration, do check e-CAS. Last time I asked when when IA of my application will take place, my learned friends told me to waite for almost 3 years before any action can take place. Same is story in my AOR which tells me no processing will take place for 36-42 months.
Now come to the e-CAS. Here it is total different story. Our application status starts with "IN PROCESS". When we click "IN PROCESS" it further shows " We started processing your application on XXXXXX date". Which I believe is the date when CIC officialy registered your application. Now my question is
"ISN'T THIS APPLICATION STATUS MISLEADING?"
I beleive CIC has received and acknowledged our application but no processing has started yet. At this moment of time, the correct status of our application should be "RECEIVED and ACKNOWLEDGED" or if we go further it should be "Application received, processing wil start on so and so date/month etc"
Give your inputs.

Thanks
COOL

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
HI Cool,

You are right. Perhaps they will change these phrases in a short period of time as they just started SAP. Before SAP, the processing starts ASA an application is received. Since you have applied under SAP, you are finding it different :)

mikeramma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2006
Canada
hey
Indeed, The cic officials use only 3 phrases in the e-cas which are
In process:When ur application is received
Medicals recieved:In most cases,when they take the medical decision
Decision made:When they take a final decision regarding you case

But the e-cas doesn't always reflect the situation of the assessment and its changed mostly once ur application is finilised.

Best wishes