Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
Yeah but in the days of Identity Theft, how would one be sure that the data is secure?

CIC advises all perspectives members to not share their login details with anyone!!!!

pyramid777

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please can any of our "IT geeks" in this forum check out that website please....

thanks

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
Pyramid ... Do not use this site!!!!

I tried to access this site ... this is what my browser (google chrome) had to say .....

****The site's security certificate is not trusted!
You attempted to reach carroll.org.uk, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Google Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications. You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.****

now you guys decide!

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Agreed to odin2404.

Please do not use as there is also SSL Error ( Secure Socket Layer ) .

101% chance of data theft & misuse of it.

Take care...

regards
Mayank

odin2404 said:

I tried to access this site ... this is what my browser (google chrome) had to say .....

You attempted to reach carroll.org.uk, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Google Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications. You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.****

now you guys decide!

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
odin2404 said:

now you guys decide!

Guys,

the innoation is good but needs to be trusted

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
this thing has been discussed before. it is reliable but if you beleive or not its upto you. thanks

check this link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-this-crap-t49628.0.html;msg520685#msg520685

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
his is really strange .....

I am sharing info Mayank and I both found out. I do not know Matthew (if that's his name) and nor do I hold any grudge against him.

"pyramid" - If there is something glaringly obvious, it will be noticed and shared. Should you want to share your info go ahead. But the heads up needs to be out there. Would you store your personal email ID and password with me should I send you a message every time you have a mail?

Matthew - I did not mean to come out strongly against your site. It was not my intention - just sharing what I found out.

Should you all still believe this to be legit, and I hope it is, please disregard all of the above.

I APOLOGIZE for all the apprehension and confusion

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ecas-trucker-t8323.15.html

you decide!

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear All ,

Odin i second you.

Let me give the details of Security information given on e-CAS system on cic website.

Please go through it carefully & be smart to take decision on your about what is wrong or right ???

Security

Terms and Conditions

Certification of Authority for the Client Service:

Using this on-line service means that you confirm that you are the applicant, applicant's executor, guardian, authorized officer, or agent of the person for whom this application was submitted.

Security for this Service:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada is committed to respecting the personal privacy of individuals who visit our Web site. All personal information you provide is protected under the Government of Canada Federal Privacy Act.

Information on this site is sent between your computer and our servers in an encrypted format.

We use Secure Sockets Layer (also known as SSL) protocol with 128-bit encryption that enhances the privacy of the information passing between your browser and our servers.

Important:

1- Client security is important to us. Please visit our browser information section.

2- Keep your identification number(s) confidential to make sure that others cannot view your application status.

Browser Information

Secure Web Browser

To make sure that you receive personal application status information securely and confidentially, you have to use a Web browser that has 128-bit secure sockets layer encryption. When you are ready to send your identification information, our servers will check your encryption to make sure that the browser you are using meets this need.

Upgrade your Browser

We have tested two Web browsers that are proven to work with this service. You can link directly to these sites to download or upgrade your version of browser software.

128-bit Netscape Navigator (version 4.7x or higher)
128-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 4.x or higher)
If you use another type of browser software you should check with your software supplier to make sure that your browser has 128-bit secure sockets layer encryption capability.

Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada is not responsible for any difficulties in downloading and installing software. Software suppliers are responsible for providing technical support.

128-bit Encryption

SSL protocol is a secure way to transmit personal information from your computer to our Web server. The SSL protocol uses encryption which helps make information sent through the Internet safer.

128-bit SSL encryption is often used for Internet services like on-line banking or shopping for which security of information is important. When you access the personal information part of the Client Application Status service, our server will check your browser's encryption capability.

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
mayankpandya said:
Dear All ,

Odin i second you.

Let me give the details of Security information given on e-CAS system on cic website.

Please go through it carefully & be smart to take decision on your about what is wrong or right ???

Security

Terms and Conditions

Certification of Authority for the Client Service:

Using this on-line service means that you confirm that you are the applicant, applicant's executor, guardian, authorized officer, or agent of the person for whom this application was submitted.

Security for this Service:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada is committed to respecting the personal privacy of individuals who visit our Web site. All personal information you provide is protected under the Government of Canada Federal Privacy Act.

Information on this site is sent between your computer and our servers in an encrypted format.

We use Secure Sockets Layer (also known as SSL) protocol with 128-bit encryption that enhances the privacy of the information passing between your browser and our servers.

Important:

1- Client security is important to us. Please visit our browser information section.

2- Keep your identification number(s) confidential to make sure that others cannot view your application status.

Browser Information

Secure Web Browser

To make sure that you receive personal application status information securely and confidentially, you have to use a Web browser that has 128-bit secure sockets layer encryption. When you are ready to send your identification information, our servers will check your encryption to make sure that the browser you are using meets this need.

Upgrade your Browser

We have tested two Web browsers that are proven to work with this service. You can link directly to these sites to download or upgrade your version of browser software.

128-bit Netscape Navigator (version 4.7x or higher)
128-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 4.x or higher)
If you use another type of browser software you should check with your software supplier to make sure that your browser has 128-bit secure sockets layer encryption capability.

Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada is not responsible for any difficulties in downloading and installing software. Software suppliers are responsible for providing technical support.

128-bit Encryption

SSL protocol is a secure way to transmit personal information from your computer to our Web server. The SSL protocol uses encryption which helps make information sent through the Internet safer.

128-bit SSL encryption is often used for Internet services like on-line banking or shopping for which security of information is important. When you access the personal information part of the Client Application Status service, our server will check your browser's encryption capability.
Mayank, BRAVO!

Unfortunately, I tried to be objective, and ended up getting disparaging comments against Indians and Indian Help Desks. People not able to objectively discuss the topic.

We've said our bit ... if they don't want to take it let them be.

Frankly, there's a very suspicious and "over the top" promotion for the tracker ... I'm seriously thinking of bringing this to the notice of the CIC website.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Yes Odin2404,

I believe that everyone is smart enough & able to take decision on it.

What we feel is mentioned here... with suitable facts.

Regards,
Mayank

odin2404 said:
Mayank, BRAVO!

Unfortunately, I tried to be objective, and ended up getting disparaging comments against Indians and Indian Help Desks. People not able to objectively discuss the topic.

Frankly, there's a very suspicious and "over the top" promotion for the tracker ... I'm seriously thinking of bringing this to the notice of the CIC website.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
odin2404 said:
Mayank, BRAVO!

if you report to cic they definitely gonna say to you to stay away from these kind of not trusted websites. they can not close or block this site.

its only upto you to trust this or not.......

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
We've been over this already...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ecas-trucker-t8323.0.html;msg598083#msg598083

Using the start-SSL certificate (which provide a free certificate for a single site) is as secure as possible.

That said, if anyone wants to donate the money to pay for a commercial certificate that's recognised by default by more browsers, you can mail me a cheque.

Otherwise, please don't spread misinformation. I'm out of pocket enough (many thousands of dollars if I was billing the time at commercial rates) on the development / maintenance of the tracker, and have no need to pay for a certificate that doesn't add anything in terms of the security. If you don't want to use the e-CAS Tracker, fine, but don't spread misinformation.

Matthew

p.s. Here's an email I got today (I've removed the name):

Hi

I just wana say thank you for the great website, speaking about my own experince there was an update in my immigration file last Friday and i was soo happy to be updated through my e-mail.Great tool and straightforward service.

Thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you guys don't like the idea of tracking eCas automatically, don't use it.

I know it works well.
The system that Matthewc provides is a great way to track your application, without the hassle of logging into eCas all the time.