+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-APR AOR March 2017 pool - join here

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Ohh man, I hate to say this but your application is sent for Additional Security Screening and that takes a hell lot of time to finalize. The terms that they use when applications are sent to additional security screening are: 'Additional Verification', 'Assessment period may be outside of our processing times'. This normally happens if there is a red flag on your initial security screening if you have travelled to any war torn countries like Iran, Iraq, Syria, etc. or if you are a national / current resident of such countries. I wish you good luck, hope your security screening is finalized soon!
Iran is not a war torn country

kalpan13

Jul 13, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2018
LANDED..........
10-01-2018
Finally got my PPR today! I am PNP (Outland) - Ontario. Here's my timeline:

08 March - AOR
12 June - Medicals passed; BG IP1; ADR
16 June - ADR submitted
20 June - BG NA
16 September - file transferred to LVO (Manila)
06 October - BG IP2; status changed to Updated; received 7-page PPR doc in myCIC inbox.

Thanks to everyone who have helped me here.
Congrats!!

Reactions: Xiaociaoshaw_02

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Dear friends,
I have a question. I'm waiting for my PPR for 208 days! I live in Canada and I'm stuck in the security check. I don't have a visa to go to my home country, so I have to apply for a visa with my work permit. I'm wondering if I should wait getting my PPR or it's ok if I apply for a visa?
Since part of the visa process is the security check and my PR application is stuck in there, I don't know if I apply for a visa, they'll give me the visa or not. I don't know if the security process for a visa and PPR are the same or not!
Thanks

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Dear friends,
I have a question. I'm waiting for my PPR for 208 days! I live in Canada and I'm stuck in the security check. I don't have a visa to go to my home country, so I have to apply for a visa with my work permit. I'm wondering if I should wait getting my PPR or it's ok if I apply for a visa?
Since part of the visa process is the security check and my PR application is stuck in there, I don't know if I apply for a visa, they'll give me the visa or not. I don't know if the security process for a visa and PPR are the same or not!
Thanks
I think you can ask for the implicit status while waiting for PPR no ?

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
I don't know! Have you got your PPR?Could you please share your timeline?
No i'm still waiting my eligibility is under review :( but i know that people who are already inland and wiating for ppr can ask for an implicit status when their visa or work permit is going to expire

Reactions: Surena

Shirlz

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
03-06-2016 Upfront
Med's Request
20-03-2017 Upfront
I just want to give an update :)

I landed last week on Saturday at Windsor-Detroit Tunnel.
The whole thing took less than 30 mins, there is no wait/line at all.
Went there on a Saturday around 2-3pm.
Now I am waiting for my PR card.

Mr Qadri

Jul 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
I just want to give an update :)

I landed last week on Saturday at Windsor-Detroit Tunnel.
The whole thing took less than 30 mins, there is no wait/line at all.
Went there on a Saturday around 2-3pm.
Now I am waiting for my PR card.
What documents they asked for?

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
GOT PPR! 207th Day. Yahoo!:)

Really happy today.
I don't know what will happen in the unforeseen future
Perhaps the blizzard of uncertainty will conquer shiny days
I will roam around the buzzing crowd without a decent work or hope
Vivid dreams will turn into bleak nightmares in the savage winter behind frosty mountains

But let me cherish life today... I got the success I craved for!

I thank all members of Canada Visa forum whose insights and suggestions helped me a lot at every step of the process. It was a grueling journey indeed. This tough journey was made easy by the surprising generosity of complete strangers who cared for others selflessly. Who spend their valuable time guiding others without any narrow self-interest or personal gain. This made me feel that humanity still exists in the heart of some very decent people around the world.

Thank you all. We all deserve to go to Canada. Canada deserves us all.

Xiaociaoshaw_02

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2017
Nomination.....
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Finally got my PPR today! I am PNP (Outland) - Ontario. Here's my timeline:

08 March - AOR
12 June - Medicals passed; BG IP1; ADR
16 June - ADR submitted
20 June - BG NA
16 September - file transferred to LVO (Manila)
06 October - BG IP2; status changed to Updated; received 7-page PPR doc in myCIC inbox.

Thanks to everyone who have helped me here.
So happy that you already got your PPR :). We have the same LVO and in my case, nada. Latest update was that my file is still on queue for review by a visa officer.

Wishing you success and have a safe flight soon, kabayan :).

sherla

Sep 19, 2017
So happy that you already got your PPR :). We have the same LVO and in my case, nada. Latest update was that my file is still on queue for review by a visa officer.

Wishing you success and have a safe flight soon, kabayan :).
Congratulations crescent19! hi am also from the Philippines. hi xiaociaoshaw_02, how did you know about the status of your application? did you call the cic ottawa?

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Big Congrats to me! Fast COPR approval via Riyadh, KSA embassy. Best of luck everyone. Canada is truly a great nation.

Even though a lot of you ignored my posts here, thanks to the ones who gave me their valuable feedback at the time most needed. Ones who are still awaiting further information/updates , please ease your anxiety levels. It will happen once it will happen and there is nothing you can do about it. So re-focus that energy on your family, your friends, and your immediate surroundings as well as yourself.

However, i was notified only by the local VAC center i.e. VFS and no email was sent to my inbox approving it. But when i checked online on CIC's website, there was an update saying Approved and check your messages (no messages either).

Also now, there is a new box appearing on the tracking webpage on CIC which shows a table with document status reflecting a expiry date. Believe this is related to the PR card and the expiry to land in Canada within stipulated information.

Will update you all upon travel plans and landing procedure etc.

Regards,
Omer

jargalant

Sep 2, 2016
Congratulations crescent19! hi am also from the Philippines. hi xiaociaoshaw_02, how did you know about the status of your application? did you call the cic ottawa?
Hi Sherla and xiaociaoshaw_02,

I believe our applications are currently in Manila visa office as we are all from PH. Mine was transferred there last sept 15 as per my CSE inquiry.

May i know your AoR and med passed dates? Mine were:

Aor: march 08
Medpassed: june 14

Its been 216 days but no PPR yet. I hope it will come this week.