+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

duration of TWP

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Dear forum members,

I am planing to apply for TWP with LMO.
I plan to bring my wife with OWM and my dependent child with visit - multiple entry.

The duration of the job on LMO is 24 months. So this is the duration of the temp visa I can expect.
No there is one problem, in my county for every child under 6 the validity of the passport is 2 years. I get passport for my child 4 month ago. By the time my application will be processed (2-3 months) my child passport will be valid for 1.5 year at best.

Am going to be rejected the visa because I request 2 year visa and my child passport is not valid for 2 years.
Am going to get 1.5 year temp visa?
Is there a chance I get 2 year visa and my child 1.5 years?

Also if I apply for my child visitor - multiple entry, can he stay more than 6 months inside Canada.
Also if I apply for my spouse instead OWP to apply for visitor-multiple entry, can she stay more than 6 months inside Canada.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi,

noobmoon said:
Dear forum members,

I plan to bring my wife with OWM and my dependent child with visit - multiple entry.

The duration of the job on LMO is 24 months. So this is the duration of the temp visa I can expect.
No there is one problem, in my county for every child under 6 the validity of the passport is 2 years. I get passport for my child 4 month ago. By the time my application will be processed (2-3 months) my child passport will be valid for 1.5 year at best.

Am going to be rejected the visa because I request 2 year visa and my child passport is not valid for 2 years.- No
Am going to get 1.5 year temp visa? - No you will receive a visa with 2 year vaildity.
Is there a chance I get 2 year visa and my child 1.5 years? Yes

Also if I apply for my child visitor - multiple entry, can he stay more than 6 months inside Canada. -Yes
Also if I apply for my spouse instead OWP to apply for visitor-multiple entry, can she stay more than 6 months inside Canada. - Its best if you apply for OWP for your spouse as there have been instances where the VO has rejected visitor visa for the spouse of TFW. I hope your NOC code comes under skilled level 0, A or B

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
noobmoon said:
Dear forum members,

Am going to be rejected the visa because I request 2 year visa and my child passport is not valid for 2 years.
Am going to get 1.5 year temp visa?
Is there a chance I get 2 year visa and my child 1.5 years?

Also if I apply for my child visitor - multiple entry, can he stay more than 6 months inside Canada.
Also if I apply for my spouse instead OWP to apply for visitor-multiple entry, can she stay more than 6 months inside Canada.
Noobmoon

You will get 2 years VISA, while your wife and child will get VISA until the Child's passport expiry (this happened in my case)

Good luck.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I would second BigBee, CHC is very specific about passport's validity. As far as i know 'they never' issue visa beyond passport's validity. So they will probably issue visa for your child for 1.5 months, which you can extend latter once you have the renewed passport.