+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DUI conviction/TRP chances?

visahelp123

Apr 4, 2018
Hi everyone, here is a short timeline of my issues in Canada - Can someone please advise based on their past experience on my questions below.
  • Arrived on study permit in Canada; graduated with bachelors degree in 2016
  • Got charged for over 80 offence (DUI) in 2015; went to trial and got summarily convicted in Jan 2017
  • Got PGWP in 2016 until 2019 which expired recently (had been employed always)
  • Got LMIA in 2019 and applied for both work permit extension and TRP application in June 2019
  • Received a deportation order from CBSA and after a week received refusal for WP application with 2 reasons - 1) Inadmissible to canada ; 2) Have active removal order
Questions -
  • Confused why my WP application was refused while no answer yet on TRP application. The TRP application was submitted to address refusal reason 1)
  • Already made my travel arrangements to address reason 2) - how hard will it be to get ARC?
  • Finally, since I have not heard regarding TRP yet - what are the chances of getting it? My compelling reason on file is I have a full time employment in NOC 0 level job; graduated from Canada and been here since last 5 years and I have shown sufficient amount of rehabilitation efforts i did in past years (volunteer work; community service etc.)
  • After 5 years since conviction/completion of sentence I will overcome the inadmissibility if I get record suspension, what would be the chances then to get ARC?
I did a terrible mistake being new in Canada and repenting it until today.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You got denied because you are inadmissible. A TRP will not overcome inadmissibility in your case. You have to wait until you are able to apply for rehabilitation and ARC.

visahelp123

Apr 4, 2018
You got denied because you are inadmissible. A TRP will not overcome inadmissibility in your case. You have to wait until you are able to apply for rehabilitation and ARC.
Isnt TRP meant to overcome inadmissibility if enough time has not passed to apply for record suspension? Also from what I know I cant apply for rehabilitation since i got convicted in Canada so really its record suspension which I have to wait for

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Isnt TRP meant to overcome inadmissibility if enough time has not passed to apply for record suspension? Also from what I know I cant apply for rehabilitation since i got convicted in Canada so really its record suspension which I have to wait for
TRPs are granted when a person has a compelling reason to enter or remain in Canada that outweighs the reason that they are inadmissible. They are almost never granted for people with DUIs, as it is an extremely serious conviction.

visahelp123

Apr 4, 2018
TRPs are granted when a person has a compelling reason to enter or remain in Canada that outweighs the reason that they are inadmissible. They are almost never granted for people with DUIs, as it is an extremely serious conviction.
Understood. So once I get record suspension I would still need ARC to return to Canada - how hard will that be to get?

Kashcal

Sep 24, 2019
Calgary Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Calgary
Med's Request
20-06-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Hi everyone, here is a short timeline of my issues in Canada - Can someone please advise based on their past experience on my questions below.
  • Got charged for over 80 offence (DUI) in 2015; went to trial and got summarily convicted in Jan 2017
  • Got LMIA in 2019 and applied for both work permit extension and TRP application in June 2019
  • Received a deportation order from CBSA and after a week received refusal for WP application with 2 reasons - 1) Inadmissible to canada ; 2) Have active removal order
Questions -
  • Confused why my WP application was refused while no answer yet on TRP application. The TRP application was submitted to address refusal reason 1)
  • Already made my travel arrangements to address reason 2) - how hard will it be to get ARC?
  • Finally, since I have not heard regarding TRP yet - what are the chances of getting it? My compelling reason on file is I have a full time employment in NOC 0 level job; graduated from Canada and been here since last 5 years and I have shown sufficient amount of rehabilitation efforts i did in past years (volunteer work; community service etc.)
  • After 5 years since conviction/completion of sentence I will overcome the inadmissibility if I get record suspension, what would be the chances then to get ARC?
Did CBSA offer you to apply for PRRA?

Prasad001

Apr 4, 2019
Questions -

Prasad001

Apr 4, 2019
Questions -
Hi, it all depends on disposition of your charges, fine and etc. Why didn’t you apply for PR rather than work permit.