+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dubai - Police Clearance Certficate

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
I left Dubai more than 15 years ago after living their for few years. I need to get a PCC from Dubai. I have completed the required finger print authentication process. I do not have copy of residence visa for the period I lived inDubai. This was in my old passport. I discarded the old passport with a thought that it was no longer needed.

I want to know if:

1. Any one applied for PCC from Dubai without the copy of Residence Visa and what was the outcome.
2. How Can I obtain a copy of residence visa from Dubai Immigration
3. Is it possible to obtain a PCC from Dubai with fingerprints only
4. If I am unable to obtain PCC from Dubai, how will it affect the processing or decision on my PR application

All information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

friedbrains

Apr 6, 2012
Hi! If you have left Dubai 15 years ago, I do not think you need anymore police clearance. AFAIK, if more than 5 years ago, no need for a police clearance. Further, Dubai Police will only issue Police clearance for residents.

Phlcan

Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friedbrains said:
Hi! If you have left Dubai 15 years ago, I do not think you need anymore police clearance. AFAIK, if more than 5 years ago, no need for a police clearance. Further, Dubai Police will only issue Police clearance for residents.
Police clearance is needed from each country where a person lived for 6 consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

friedbrains

Apr 6, 2012
i stand corrected, you do need a police clearance... but, i have no idea what you can do if you do not have a copy of visas anymore...

do you have any friends here that can help you out? i heard that there are some "visa-offices" that are willing to process this for you for a fee, but i also do not have much knowledge about this, sorry, i can't be of anymore help...

abdi2525

Jun 21, 2010
According to my application i left UAE before 10 and they asked me to obtain UAE plice certificate
Dubai police need to copy of the passport along with previous UAE residency , the process is 72 Hours ,i got mine last week .

arasir

Feb 22, 2013
I am more or less in the same situation. I left dubai some 15 years ago and despit two attempts have not been able to obtain a police certificate. First time I sent the applications forms, finger prints etc directly to Dubai police which I never heard back from them. And in second attempt a friend in dubai submitted the application on my behalf and despite chasing it a few times nothing has come through, they don't even give a proper response which is even more strange. Has anyone had similar experience? I'd appreciate your suggestions.