AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
newcomer said:
Hi friends,
I recently received my PPR and planning to land inshaAllah in Sept.I need to get few electrical appliances/gadgets for my kids i.e a laptop,mobile phones and an X box 360.
Please recommend is it advisable to buy these items from ME (KSA) or should I buy it from Canada.I read experience of some of applicants whose electrical appliances/gadgets bought from ME did not work there.
Moreover will there be a difference in terms of cost especially for laptops n cell phones and do cell phones bought from here will work with Canadian systems?
Thanks
Hi

Happy to know ur also planning to land on SEp. Hope to meet u there :D. coz i am also landing on SEp 4. its always advisable not to buy electric appliances from here and bring to canada. laptops and cell phones are cheap out there thn here.

Biju

walidcanada

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bijupv007 said:
hi buddy

u can get all sizes of envelop including bubble envelops in M/s office mate opp Karama head Post office

biju
Thank you buju for the kind help, I will certainly go and get it from there today before tomorrow :)

walidcanada

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Experts,

1. I received my wife's sealed envelope today, do I have to include her diploma too? if yes, can I use the original copy instead of a notarized copy? if not, then how I can notarize the copy of the diploma? the university will not stamp any copies.

2. I'm still waiting to receive my BA sealed transcript from my univ but I have a notarized copy [not sealed]. can I use it or I have to wait till I get the sealed one?

I don't know whether I should take the decision of sending my application right away to catch the time or I have to wait to get 100% completed.

I don't want to use my own assumptions so the application could be rejected :(. So please help!

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
bijupv007 said:
Hi

Happy to know ur also planning to land on SEp. Hope to meet u there :D. coz i am also landing on SEp 4. its always advisable not to buy electric appliances from here and bring to canada. laptops and cell phones are cheap out there thn here.

Biju
Thanks biju for the good wishes,where are you planning to land ?
I will be landing in Calgary inshaAllah.Hope to see you there.

Thanks for the info about Laptops n cell phones surely I ll buy them from there.
But what about Xbox 360 ,will it work in Canada? (my kids are very anxious to buy it ASAP ;) ;) ;))

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
newcomer said:
Thanks biju for the good wishes,where are you planning to land ?
I will be landing in Calgary inshaAllah.Hope to see you there.

Thanks for the info about Laptops n cell phones surely I ll buy them from there.
But what about Xbox 360 ,will it work in Canada? (my kids are very anxious to buy it ASAP ;) ;) ;))
Hi, please refer below thread regarding Xbox functioning in CANADA.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t61803.0.html

Cheers..

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
Hi , just to share with u all guys the inspiring words of one of the member in this forum.

Vegreville received our application filled with hopes and dreams. Also, came along lots of nerves and worries. But I am so blessed to say that a year after we sent it off that I have been a PR for almost 2 months. This is a beautiful country with wonderful people. I can't thank Canada enough and the people that helped us to get to this point, because of them we live happily with no more worries of having to leave and can live happily together as we grow our future. So much in your life can change in a year and I am just so glad it was for the better. I guess I just want everyone to realize you aren't alone, that we are here for you and that at anytime your lives can change for the better.

Everyday, is a new day filled with hope and new beginning. I just want to say congrats to all those who, like me, have already gotten through this. Some with more struggles than others but we're all blessed with a wonderful gift and it was worth it as I am sure we can all agree. To all those still waiting, always remember that "love conquers all" and "good things come to those who wait". I hope that all of your waits are short and the processing is smooth. You will see through to happiness with your families. Stay strong. This is only temporary. And to those just getting started, we will be here to help you along the way. You aren't alone, we all started in the same place. Your happiness will come too.

I am just so grateful for where we are today. So grateful for all the help we received here and for the true friends I made along the way. You helped so much. I hope everyone receives such a wonderful gift like this as well. It is something to treasure. Thank you Canada for giving my hubby and I a home to make our own for good now. For that, we will always be blessed. Thank you.

Sending you all out there lots of luck, strength, patience, and love!
Sincerely, Love_Young

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/one-year-ago-today-t76881.0.html

Cheers...

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
SATDXB said:
Hi , just to share with u all guys the inspiring words of one of the member in this forum.

Vegreville received our application filled with hopes and dreams. Also, came along lots of nerves and worries. But I am so blessed to say that a year after we sent it off that I have been a PR for almost 2 months. This is a beautiful country with wonderful people. I can't thank Canada enough and the people that helped us to get to this point, because of them we live happily with no more worries of having to leave and can live happily together as we grow our future. So much in your life can change in a year and I am just so glad it was for the better. I guess I just want everyone to realize you aren't alone, that we are here for you and that at anytime your lives can change for the better.

Everyday, is a new day filled with hope and new beginning. I just want to say congrats to all those who, like me, have already gotten through this. Some with more struggles than others but we're all blessed with a wonderful gift and it was worth it as I am sure we can all agree. To all those still waiting, always remember that "love conquers all" and "good things come to those who wait". I hope that all of your waits are short and the processing is smooth. You will see through to happiness with your families. Stay strong. This is only temporary. And to those just getting started, we will be here to help you along the way. You aren't alone, we all started in the same place. Your happiness will come too.

I am just so grateful for where we are today. So grateful for all the help we received here and for the true friends I made along the way. You helped so much. I hope everyone receives such a wonderful gift like this as well. It is something to treasure. Thank you Canada for giving my hubby and I a home to make our own for good now. For that, we will always be blessed. Thank you.

Sending you all out there lots of luck, strength, patience, and love!
Sincerely, Love_Young

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/one-year-ago-today-t76881.0.html

Cheers...

Thank u for inspiring once again with beautiful words...

walidcanada

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear experts,

If the university were I graduated from don't provide BA transcripts in a sealed envelope. can I use the original notarized copy and attach a letter explaining the issue? in the new checklist states that "If available" should I enclose only the BA diploma and ignore the transcripts so I don't get into trouble???? if you faced this what you will do????? plz advice.

Thanks,
Walid

micham

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
First AOR 29.03.2010 ; Second AOR 12.08.2010
File Transfer...
07.04.2010 ; FULL APPLICATION PACKAGE RECEIVED 21.07.10: E-CAS: IN PROCESS on 08.02.2011 with RBVO
Med's Request
coming soon
Med's Done....
coming soon
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
coming soon
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
coming soon
where can i order CAIPS?

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
walidcanada said:
Dear experts,

If the university were I graduated from don't provide BA transcripts in a sealed envelope. can I use the original notarized copy and attach a letter explaining the issue? in the new checklist states that "If available" should I enclose only the BA diploma and ignore the transcripts so I don't get into trouble???? if you faced this what you will do????? plz advice.

Thanks,
Walid
Hi Walid,
You can't ignore the transcripts as failing to do so might subject your application to rejection.
Still also safer to get it in a sealed envelop; Just bring an envelope and ask the person who stamps your transcript to stamp the envelop seal with the same stamp.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
micham said:
where can i order CAIPS?
Hi Micham, below notes from Captain QORAX will guide you how to order CAIPS.

How to Order CAIPS Notes?

Note:
It is still CAIPS... not yet merged with GCMS.

Our CAIPS can be ordered thru either of the following three [3] methods:
1. By our Consultant [if u have one] --usually a Free service provided by the good ones, or charge $5
2. Thru a Friend/Relative [who's in Canada] --s/he can obtain it under your authorization. Fees $5
3. From Websites [offering CAIPS Service] --discussed below. Costs $30-40.

How to fetch the CAIPS thru friend/relative [in Canada] ?

Under the Privacy Act, one of our friends/relatives, who reside in Canada, can order the CAIPS under our authorization. There is a CIC fee of only $5 to be incurred for that purpose. Here's what we should do:

1. Download the form here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf
2. Fill the specified colums/fields, viz:
- a) Visa post [ND, Buffalo, London etc.]
- b) Your File number [Bxxxxxxx]
- c) Date of Birth [applicant's, not the rep's]
- d) The requester's Postal address [Canadian Address only]
3. Tick the box "for CAIPS Notes request" on the form.
4. Enclose copies of the rep's [not yours] PR Card/visa/COPR etc. [Canadian ID].
5. Attach the Consent Form [signed by each applicant for "use of a representative"].
6. Enclose a Money Order/Draft for $5.
7. Send (Mail or Courier 'only') all the documents to:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
(Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator)
Narono Building 360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
8. Your CAIPS Notes should return by 4-6 weeks [usually].

Obtaining our CAIPS thru the websites:

There r many websites who offer such services, usually charging anything between $30-40. However, in that 'basic' price they'd only send u the retrieved CAIPS Notes; and would charge u furthermore for explaining them. Nonetheless, it's not a bad idea to yet take their services. Most applicants use either of the following websites for obtaining their CAIPS:

a) http://www.caips.ca/
b) http://caipsnotes.com/index.shtml
c) http://www.caipsretriever.com/2006/03/immigrants-life-in-toronto-canada-ii.html

When will my CAIPS arrive?
As our request application reaches CIC, they'd take a week+ to retrieve it. Despatching takes another week+. While the postal duration could again be one more week. Oh yes, it is send by CIC thru regular postal mail. Thus, overall we r looking at 4-6 weeks to receive our CAIPS notes.

When I'm reading my CAIPS, is it "current" information?
No. As there's a gap between the CAIPS printing [by CIC] & receiving [by us], we would be getting the picture around 3-4 weeks back dated. Things might change in between... some BF'Ds gone by, some addnl Codes logged.

When should I obtain my CAIPS?
It's only required when things have gone overboard... when there's much delay in case progress.... or when we have received an interview letter. Our CAIPS could elicit some info on the perception of our VO/s towards our case... why an interview was required... What stage we r currently in... points calc... when would be the next review date.... next BF'D etc. Thus, we could fetch our CAIPS "after" 8-12 months of case processing.

When should I obtain "another" set of my CAIPS?
It's unwise to frequently apply for our CAIPS notes. Anything between 6-8 months is Ok... 'coz before that nothing much would have been logged on it anyway.

How do I "read" my CAIPS?
Most of the info on our CAIPS r 'coded'. Member FinPro graciously have deliberated on these codes during his 6th Oct 2006 post in this very forum. Pls read it here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/caips-codes-t2988.0.html

NOTE:
As we 'land' our case logging continues by CIC/CBSA - but thereon it's recorded in "FOSS".

Hope that helped!
Qorax

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t72568.0.html

Cheers...

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"It is still CAIPS... not yet merged with GCMS."

Actually a lot of stuff in London is now GCMS.
BTW If you order CAIPS and the notes are in GCMS, you will get whatever they have :)

mikextr23

May 10, 2011
Hi Guys,

My wife and I are flying on Aug 7, 2011 (Dubai-Heathrow-Toronto). And I would just like to ask if there are any special process and restrictions in terms or carrying money out from Dubai. I know I have to declare upon entry in Canada if I'm carrying more than $10k. But how about here in Dubai? Does anyone know? I'm guessing I also need to declare but where and how? Do I need to do it prior to my flight?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Cool Canada

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/22/2014 according to ECAS 10/22/14
Nomination.....
DD 11/12/14
AOR Received.
PER 7/01/15.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
03/02/2015 PROCESSING STARTED 08/04/2015
Med's Request
27/04/2015
Med's Done....
9/05/2015 TLU 15/05/2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20/07/2015 Submitted to ADVO 22/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/7/2015 (as per stamped visa) Valid till 10/5/2016 Passports recv. 13/08/2015
LANDED..........
will be in APRIL2016
Dear all,

Just wanted to clear a thing. I have applied under NOC 1122 last week. My wife is expecting in first week of oct. At what stage should it be worth to add my baby in our application? Do we have pay extra to the agent for the addition?

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
mikextr23 said:
Hi Guys,

My wife and I are flying on Aug 7, 2011 (Dubai-Heathrow-Toronto). And I would just like to ask if there are any special process and restrictions in terms or carrying money out from Dubai. I know I have to declare upon entry in Canada if I'm carrying more than $10k. But how about here in Dubai? Does anyone know? I'm guessing I also need to declare but where and how? Do I need to do it prior to my flight?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Hi, congrats for getting the visa.

I myself had landed in Canada via Heathrow. Nothing to declare here in Dubai or at Heathrow.
As you are two people travelling so if you carry more then $20K then only you have to declare it in the landing card ( the total amount is divided in number of people travelling). And if less then 20K, so nothing to declare.

All the best.

Cheers..