Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
dreamfromafar said:
Biju, Reynolds & SATDXB,

The letter is a bit \/ague and different from the other letters, would you know if this is my 2nd AOR?

SATDXB, you mentioned this could be a letter for additional documents or schedule of inter\/iew. Does this mean they ha\/e started working on my documents?

Thanks!

DFA

Thanks!
Hi, offcourse YES..! ;)

Cheers...

REYNOLD

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-11
File Transfer...
06-06-11
Med's Request
03-06-11
Med's Done....
03-07-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon in Vancouver
HELLO HASSAN,
whts wrong with Al fardan? because just last week i reqeusted for bank draft for rprf in al fardan...

hassanbukhari said:
Today i went to bank again and they said they are not sure who is al fardan and nor the Bank of Montreal have any account with them. I am really worried and dont know what to do.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
hassanbukhari said:
Today i went to bank again and they said they are not sure who is al fardan and nor the Bank of Montreal have any account with them. I am really worried and dont know what to do.
Hi, can you send across the copy of the draft to your relative or friend, and let them check out with Al Fardan.
I am sure, the problem will get solve.

Cheers..

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Hi Hassan and Reynold,

You guys are making me worried as well. My draft was also from Al Fardan. I guess in the past that was no issues. I am very positive all will be good. Unless you have a solid written statement from Al Fardan or BMO about account closure. I say always think positive.

Dreamsofheart

Star Member
Oct 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2009
Doc's Request.
23-10-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-9-2010
Med's Done....
25-9-2010
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
17-03-2011, Passport Sent 25 - 05 - 2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2011 Decision Made : 14-06-2011 PP Returned: 27-06-2011
LANDED..........
Soon !!!
alibhai800 said:
Hi Hassan and Reynold,

You guys are making me worried as well. My draft was also from Al Fardan. I guess in the past that was no issues. I am very positive all will be good. Unless you have a solid written statement from Al Fardan or BMO about account closure. I say always think positive.
Guys I am not sure if it is related .. but last year RBC stopped taking drafts from any exchange houses .. so i had to make a draft of my Fee through my bank...

But it wasnt a problem little while ago .. I'd suggest people go to UAE Exchange .. they have branched in Canada as well...

hassanbukhari

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I advice all to bring as much cash as possible before landing. I brought 10,000 but things here are so expensive plus landlord will ask six months advance rent. So learn from my mistake as i have only 700 Dollar in my account left with no time frame from bank when they will release my money.

TD bank is issuing mix statements as they dont know why this chk is taking so much time. Some times they say that BMO dont have any account with Al fardan and some times they say that the chk is on hold for secrity reasons.

I am keeping my fingers cross and hope this nightmare will end soon.

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
hassanbukhari said:
I advice all to bring as much cash as possible before landing. I brought 10,000 but things here are so expensive plus landlord will ask six months advance rent. So learn from my mistake as i have only 700 Dollar in my account left with no time frame from bank when they will release my money.
TD bank is issuing mix statements as they dont know why this chk is taking so much time. Some times they say that BMO dont have any account with Al fardan and some times they say that the chk is on hold for secrity reasons.
hi hassanbukhani

to slove the issue , u can contact al fardhan exchange (the branch u have taken draft or their HO) directly and solve this.

i am sure Al fardhan can clear out this as u have doc to prove this took money and issue this draft.

Biju

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hassanbukhari said:

Which part of Canada r u in?
Here 99% landlords will just take 2 months rent -- the current one and the 'last' one. At least in Ontario that's the law... and I haven't come across anyone who'd try breaking that.

Qorax

fahadsahib

May 31, 2011
Dear All,

My wife got the 2nd AOR on June 15, 11. We are not able to check the ecas with new file number where as with the 1st AOR I was and able to check the status(File Recevied Pending Review).

So my questions are
Does it takes time to update on the website?
Or Should I use the 1st AOR to check the status always?

Thank You.

Fahad

Amit_Canada

Jun 7, 2011
hassanbukhari said:

I am also bit worried aftewr reading about the Al Fardan Draft. I also already have around 8k dollars draft and moving to canada on 14th july to do my landing. Hope all will be well. Hope your exchange issue will be solved first.Please share if the issue is solved.

amit

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hi all,

So one month and one week onwards after deciding to put my papers together for Canada, I've done most of the major things (PC, IELTS and company letters) and now just a few things are required before I wait for the IELTS results and pop everything into an envelope. Would be much appreciated if you could guide me with some 'local' information so I can just polish off the other details:

1) Document notarisation: I need to notarise my US degree, birth certificate and perhaps employment contracts as well. Could you advise the most hassle-free way to get this done. Money is not an object at the moment as I don't think I'll have the patience to go through the local Ministry of Justice
2) What kind of proof of funds suffice? Is it an official bank letter as well as statements for the past one year enough?

Thank you for all the advice!

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
Funkdakarma said:
Hi all,

So one month and one week onwards after deciding to put my papers together for Canada, I've done most of the major things (PC, IELTS and company letters) and now just a few things are required before I wait for the IELTS results and pop everything into an envelope. Would be much appreciated if you could guide me with some 'local' information so I can just polish off the other details:

1) Document notarisation: I need to notarise my US degree, birth certificate and perhaps employment contracts as well. Could you advise the most hassle-free way to get this done. Money is not an object at the moment as I don't think I'll have the patience to go through the local Ministry of Justice

There is a Canadian registered lawyer (ilsgroup dot com tel: 043554646), located in Canada Consulate Building in Bur Dubai. He will notarized your copied documents.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dubai-applicants-lets-network-get-connected-t29519.4485.html

2) What kind of proof of funds suffice? Is it an official bank letter as well as statements for the past one year enough?

Its fine. Same i did.

Thank you for all the advice!

canhope

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Submitted on 21-10-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011 ...PPs sent 18/5 to LN from Dxb
VISA ISSUED...
"DM" 14 June, PP Rcvd back 27th June in Dxb
LANDED..........
Landed in Sep, 2011 by G-d's grace
Qorax & Seniors,

Plz advice..

1) Only Al Fardan in DXB issuing drafts in CAD..?

2) I asked Wall Street Exchange yesterday, they told me to go to Western Union.. Western Union & UAE Exchange issue CAD drafts?

3) How difficult is getting a draft from a bank like HSBC, could you please advice another bank's name if they issue CAD draft, is it difficult to start account in such a bank or in HSBC, howlong will it take..

4) How can I open a bank A/c after landing in Canada, is it possible the next day of landing with just SIN?

5) will any one (some body like an immigration officer) give me my SIN number at the immigration during first entry?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canhope said:
Qorax & Seniors,

Plz advice...

Thanks

Hi,

1) Only Al Fardan in DXB issuing drafts in CAD..?
Yes, only Al Fardan Exch. for the common man.
[Also some banks like HSBC, RAK bank & RBS if u have an a/c with them]

2) I asked Wall Street Exchange yesterday, they told me to go to Western Union.. Western Union & UAE Exchange issue CAD drafts?
No, UAE Exch doesn't provide that service.
W/Union is for Wire Transfers [with the highest charges!].

3) How difficult is getting a draft from a bank like HSBC, could you please advice another bank's name if they issue CAD draft, is it difficult to start account in such a bank or in HSBC, howlong will it take..
Not difficult if u have an existing a/c with them.
HSBC however, should be avoided, 'coz of their exorbitant fees!

4) How can I open a bank A/c after landing in Canada, is it possible the next day of landing with just SIN?
Very simple... u can open one the same day as u get the SIN ["No." only, don't require the 'card'].
Every bank here has a 'newcomer' friendly product. They understand the requirement. Scotiabank has a 'Startright' program - especially for us. TD Bank is also pretty good.

5) will any one (some body like an immigration officer) give me my SIN number at the immigration during first entry?
No. U apply for the SIN@a Service Canada office. U could visit the nearest one to your temp. residence here.
Ask anyone in your neighborhood - and they'd tell u where is the nearest one. Or surf their website.

Qorax