Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ravi.nitya said:
I agree with azfar - its great to hve people around like you guys who are ready to help else it wld be really a nightmare!
One more question I have for you guys is about the PR card collection. [1]I was planning to stay for 15 days and come back to Dubai and if am right and from what I read in this forum, there is zero percent chance of getting your PR within that time period. [2]I wanted to give my friends address where the card could be delivered however I was told that they might do a random check to see if the PA is still in Canada, is this true?[3]Secondly, can I give my friends phone number also and should I put my name, c/o her or his name followed by the address?? Thanks a lot guys.
1. It's correct... it takes 6-8 weeks nowadays to get the PRCs.
2. It's true... u might get stuck on that. They take the garb of pics being incorrect.
3. Not required [the phone nos.].

Qorax

Dreamsofheart

Star Member
Oct 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2009
Doc's Request.
23-10-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-9-2010
Med's Done....
25-9-2010
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
17-03-2011, Passport Sent 25 - 05 - 2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2011 Decision Made : 14-06-2011 PP Returned: 27-06-2011
LANDED..........
Soon !!!
qorax said:
2. It's true... u might get stuck on that. They take the garb of pics being incorrect.

Qorax
Hey Qorax,

I too was planning to land .. stay there for 10 days and come back ..I too will give my frnd's address .. r u saying that .. there are chances it may create issues?

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
Hello Seniors,

I have seen most of the Dubai Applicants, when they get PR they just only visit and come back here.

Is it that Dubai is better than Canada?..If it is not why maximum people come back??

Just a query not offensive to any one....

soby

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 15, 2009
Doc's Request.
Oct 30, 2009
AOR Received.
Feb18, 2010
File Transfer...
Nov 3, 2009
Med's Request
March 4, 2011
Med's Done....
March 19 & 26, 2011
Interview........
Jan 30, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2011 (PP Submitted on 13/10 received on 20/10)
LANDED..........
March 2, 2012
arjignesh said:
Hello Seniors,

I have seen most of the Dubai Applicants, when they get PR they just only visit and come back here.

Is it that Dubai is better than Canada?..If it is not why maximum people come back??

Hi Jignesh,
The reasons are different from one to another. Most of the people need little more time to wind up the life in Dubai and to prepare them selves to fully settle in Canada. for eg most of us have to give a notice period before resigning from the current job and we may not be having the visa validity till then so the option is to land and come back, and later on go and settle for good.
So the reasons are different and not that Dubai is better than Canada. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Rgds,
Soby

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
soby said:
Hi Jignesh,
The reasons are different from one to another. Most of the people need little more time to wind up the life in Dubai and to prepare them selves to fully settle in Canada. for eg most of us have to give a notice period before resigning from the current job and we may not be having the visa validity till then so the option is to land and come back, and later on go and settle for good.
So the reasons are different and not that Dubai is better than Canada. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Rgds,
Soby

Yes U r right ..Soby..that every body have different reason..but I suppose when London VO gives us MR from than u must consider 6 -8 months to get Visa right? so u have enoug time to wind up...

or other way...there is one year time to land after issuing visa am i right?..
so u have time to give resign an wind up..

still its personal decision...

soby

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 15, 2009
Doc's Request.
Oct 30, 2009
AOR Received.
Feb18, 2010
File Transfer...
Nov 3, 2009
Med's Request
March 4, 2011
Med's Done....
March 19 & 26, 2011
Interview........
Jan 30, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2, 2012
arjignesh said:

Yes U r right ..Soby..that every body have different reason..but I suppose when London VO gives us MR from than u must consider 6 -8 months to get Visa right? so u have enoug time to wind up...

or other way...there is one year time to land after issuing visa am i right?..
so u have time to give resign an wind up..

still its personal decision...
Well the visa validity is One year from your date of Medicals (Not from the date of visa issued) so in most cases when the visa is issued it may be valid only for short time for the medical to be expired so we are left with very little time to land.
And apart from that how do you expect an expatriate to resign without having a specific date to travel to Canada as we can not stay in Dubai once our Dubai visa is cancelled? And how can be sure that you will get the visa in the specific period of time (Say 6-8 months) as there are many case in which the re-medical were requested on the expiry of the first medical?
the risk and uncertainties are in plenty..
By the way are you in Dubai. if yes you must be aware of these.
Rgds,
Soby

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
soby said:
Well the visa validity is One year from your date of Medicals (Not from the date of visa issued) so in most cases when the visa is issued it may be valid only for 2-3 months for the medical to be expired so we are left with very little time to land.
And apart from that how do you expect an expatriate to resign without having a specific date to travel to Canada as we can not stay in Dubai once our Dubai visa is cancelled? And how can be sure that you will get the visa in the specific period of time (Say 6-8 months) as there are many case in which the re-medical were requested on the expiry of the first medical?
the risk and uncertainties are in plenty..
By the way are you in Dubai. if yes you must be aware of these.
Rgds,
Soby

Oh..I did not know that Visa is valid from the date of medical...thanks for this information..
So in this case one must go and come back...
But this was the case for pre June applicants whose visas are delayed very much..but after june 2010 people are getting Visas fast.
I have seen the time line, after MR they are getting PPR within 2 months.
By d way I have visa from Dubai but in my case fortunately my visa is going to expired in Dec..so I hope I will have no issue for renewing it.. as I will inform them that I will not continue and wind up all the things.

My MR already finished and RPRF also sent so I have still six months to get visa..Lets hope all goes smoothly.

soby

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 15, 2009
Doc's Request.
Oct 30, 2009
AOR Received.
Feb18, 2010
File Transfer...
Nov 3, 2009
Med's Request
March 4, 2011
Med's Done....
March 19 & 26, 2011
Interview........
Jan 30, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2, 2012
arjignesh said:

Oh..I did not know that Visa is valid from the date of medical...thanks for this information..
But this was the case for pre June applicants whose visas are delayed very much..but after june 2010 people are getting Visas fast.
I have seen the time line, after MR they are getting PPR within 2 months.
By d way I have visa from Dubai but in my case fortunately my visa is going to expired in Dec..so I hope I will have no issue for renewing it.. as I will inform them that I will not continue and wind up all the things.

My MR already finished and RPRF also sent so I have still six months to get visa..Lets hope all goes smoothly.
Yes let hope for the best... That's all we can do at this stage.
You are correct the Post June applicants are much faster i feel.
and after all as I said everything depends on the personal circumstances.
anyways all the best to you.
hope you will get the PPR soon.
Rgds,
Soby

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
soby said:
Yes let hope for the best... That's all we can do at this stage.
You are correct the Post June applicants are much faster i feel.
and after all as I said everything depends on the personal circumstances.
anyways all the best to you.
hope you will get the PPR soon.
Rgds,
Soby

Thank you for ur wishes..and all the best to you also..as we are on the same stage now...

Jignesh

canhope

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Submitted on 21-10-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011 ...PPs sent 18/5 to LN from Dxb
VISA ISSUED...
"DM" 14 June, PP Rcvd back 27th June in Dxb
LANDED..........
Landed in Sep, 2011 by G-d's grace
qorax said:

Qorax

Dear Qorax,

I am also in the same position, I think I will have to return in a week's time to DXB coz of the job contract. Do you think they will check randomly before send PRC to the address, and would request to come back in person to give photos...If it happens how many months will be given to the applicant to come back...and that too without the visa (its a single entry, expires during first entry) and PRC... what should be done to get another visa... Kindly advice

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
arjignesh said:

Oh..I did not know that Visa is valid from the date of medical.I did not know that Visa is valid from the date of medical...thanks for this information..
Hi, visa expiry date will be the medical date or the expiry date of the applicant's PP.
Which ever is the earliest.

Cheers...

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
SATDXB said:
Hi, visa expiry date will be the medical date or the expiry date of the applicant's PP.
Which ever is the earliest.

Cheers...

Thanks SATDXB...

for the information....This board is very much helpful because of your kind of senior guides....

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
canhope said:
Dear Qorax,

I am also in the same position, I think I will have to return in a week's time to DXB coz of the job contract. Do you think they will check randomly before send PRC to the address, and would request to come back in person to give photos...If it happens how many months will be given to the applicant to come back...and that too without the visa (its a single entry, expires during first entry) and PRC... what should be done to get another visa... Kindly advice
Hi Canhope,
I made the same decision to return after 3 weeks of landing to wrap up things here and back home as well. I plan to return permanently Summer 2012. I gave a relative's addressfor my PR cards to arrive on. I had a sub-lease on their basement (on paper) in case of any investigation formalities. However, things did not go 100% according to script. My wife, older kids and my PR cards arrived, but my yougest 3 year old's did not (photo problem). This can be solved by obtaining a travel document for the little one when we leave next year. It can be obtained from the Embassy and costs $50. When we arrive back in Toronto, I shall re-apply for the PR card (another $50) and shall be there to sort out any other problems that might occure.
Just thought I should share that with you. :D

Good Luck.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dreamsofheart said:
Hey Qorax,

I too was planning to land .. stay there for 10 days and come back ..I too will give my frnd's address .. r u saying that .. there are chances it may create issues?
canhope said:
Dear Qorax,

@Dreamsofheart & canhope

I said, "it might..."
However, many do the same - return in a couple of days. But, I always suggest everyone to stay-put till u receive the PR cards... it makes life lot simpler.

We have seen that in quite a few cases the CIC puts the PR card's issuance in abeyance [either for one or many in the family] & asks for fresh pics to be hand delivered. Not that they r gunning for the 'returnees'... but, I've observed that most such cases occur with new immigrants who have returned back to their previous land. Thus, I came to this fairly inconclusive opinion.

Nonetheless, it's not the end of it. If u do unfortunately come under this radar... u have got 2 options:
1. Visit the nearest CHC & apply for a PRTD [costs $50]. This is a single-journey travel doc to permit u to reEnter Canada.
2. OR, condone this requirement now & enter Canada@your will [with a PRTD] later. Apply afresh for the PR cards [costs $50].

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
arjignesh said:
Hello Seniors,

Dubai Vs. Canada
Is the migration worth it?

-R u a citizen of the country where u presently live?
-Can u get the Nationality of that country, if u r an Expatriate?
-Can u stay/reside till "eternity" in that country?
-Can u do whatever u want there, even if it's not illegal?
-Can u buy a house "in a year" in that country?
-Even if u r less qualified or underemployed, can u think of buying a house?
-Will u get pension after your haytime is past in your current country?
-R u entitled to "unemployment insurance" there?
-Can your children be called First Country Citizens there?
-Can u vote & get to elect your representative at the senate (in 4 yrs.)?
-Would u get to meet your MP - for personal matters?
-Does your child receive Free Education now (& a good one at that)?
-Do u all receive Free Healthcare in that nation (& the best too)?
-Do u like to reside in Asia rather than North Americas?
-Do u believe in equality of man & get it there?
-R u treated at par there alongwith the nationals?
-Can u still hold your head high under dire straits?
-Does the Cop call u "Sir" even while u r being ticketed?
-Can u purchase 50% of your goods there at cheaper rates than here?
-Could u buy a good used Merc in about $12000? And a fairly new one in about $22K?
-Do u get your merchandize locally made or from EU/US, rather than China?
-Can u get homegrown foodstuff (& organic too), not imported?
-Can u be least bothered about landlords increasing your rents?
-Can u be assured about Minimum Wages there?
-Can u go into Collective Bargaining with your employer?
-How about being self-employed, w/out the hassle of owenership/sponsorship?
-Do u receive about $300-500/child as Free Allowance every month?
-If u get disabled (God Forbid), can u call the Public Bus to your home doorstep?
-Can u daily bike to "whispering meadows" & live healthier?
-Does your patio open to natural greenery, all around?
-Can u come to your home basement & catch the Subway, w/out leaving the bldg?
-Can u call the world over in $30/month, unlimited?
-If u r a single lady, will u be assured of safety & opportunities by your Govt?
-Can your wife be assured of Govtl. Support if u pass away (God Forbid) uninsured?

Uhh... I could go on, but u'd be bored & awed further...

If most answers to the above is "Yes"... Then stay on in Dubai.
If 50% of them is "No"... Then Welcome to Canada!

Qorax