Doc's Request.
Jan 2010 & Doc's Sent Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Ldn CHC File Number recvd thru email after enquiry
File Transfer...
Jan 2010
bijupv007 said:
hi qatar_fsw
if ur ecase showing "received by VO" thn its coooool no need to worry.. whn your ecase shows "In Process" and shows ur application is reveiwed and we start processing on DATE. from tht date in 3-4 weeks you will be receiving medicals or request for addl documents plus landing fee. . Good luck ,,,,, be in touch we are sailing in the same boat and timelines. God bless .............
Dear bijupv007,
Thank u very much.

Shaman

Jul 27, 2010
Hi Qorax. I am a new member. Going thru the messages posted, I can only echo many others who say you are doing a fabulous job. Please keep it up.

I am planning to do the landing with family (4 members) in Sep/Oct. While we can bring in funds that are required to show as proof when we land, how about funds that get transferred later? Is there any time limit for bringing in the funds in to Canada. Do we need to show all the funds we will be bringing in later, like goods to follow list? Can I continue to maintain the deposits in India/Dubai and trasnfer them at a later date? Will there be any tax impact then?

Hope I made the question clear. Pls reply.
Shaman

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
U can bring-in as much funds, till eternity, Canada would live that. No, there's no limit/duty while bringing them in, whenever. However, the interest that it fetches in the bank will be subject to tax.

Qorax

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
satish_lkb said:
Hi,

As per your time line I can expect change in ecas within a couple of weeks time!! Good to hear from you. Whats your occupation dear?

Satish
Hi satish
My occupation is Finance/Marketing. and urs?? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
mmwg said:
Hi All,
I wonder if someone can guide me to a trusted translator, I want to translate my docs from Arabic to english...
Someone in Sharjah or Dubai would be preferred..

Many thanks,
Best Regards
Mahmoud
hi Mahmoud
there are 2-3 legal translators in karama opp main post office, and there is two in Al YAsmin Bldg 2nd floor and 3rd floor near Galadhari R/A, Dubai who will do immediatly ........good luck

mmwg

Feb 22, 2010
Hi all,
just sharing an experience, I have applied to SW through an agent office in sharjah, some might know it,
and at the beginning things were as bright as the sun...anyway long story short today I have visited the agent again and seems I only scored 65 and 67 is required and thats because of my IELTS results, L:7 R:7 W:7.5 S 7.5... 7.5 in L was required...

The problem is my dead line for submitting the docs is 12th-sep, as the agent received the file number last may (they are keeping it til I pay the next installment) and I tried the IELTS twice but couldn't perform better...next available date is 25th-sep.... and to be honest I don't trust that agent anymore..

After all seems no chance with Canada,
they of course suggested me to get married in one month to get more points hehehe....

Good luck for all :)
Mahmoud.

Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
To: mmwg,

I think to get Max score (16 points for IELTS as of Today) is

L: 7.5 - 4 pts

R: 6.5 -4 pts

W: 6.5 - 4 pts

S: 6.5 -4 pts.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

Pls. check CIC Web site OP6 Pdf file 11.8 para... (show this page to your agent who is asking next Installment !!!!!)

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
bijupv007 said:
Hi satish
My occupation is Finance/Marketing. and urs?? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hi Biju,

Mine is Financial Manager

Satish

R

Rami Farah

Today I received the Passport request, I am very happy. ;D

Thank you Qorax for your advise and efforts...

I have some inquires I will be appreciated if you could help me

1- What is the best location to land among Edmonton, Ottawa or Saskatoon?

2- What is the luggage size allowed? (I mean size of bag)

3- How we can transfer our money to Canadian banks?

4- Which is the Cargo companies to carry our things from Dubai ?

I plan to move from Dubai to Canada next October

Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Congratulations dear Rami!!!

I have some inquires I will be appreciated if you could help me
Shoot anything, we'll try & ans all...

1- What is the best location to land among Edmonton, Ottawa or Saskatoon?
All r perfectly alright places in their own rights. However, if u must choose -take Ottawa. Why? It's the National Capital -offers an Abu Dhabi feel. Jobs r aplenty. One of the lowest housing costs. Good connectivity to the world (from among the other 2). Climate is good, mild & bearable always.

Edmonton -extremely cold. Pretty cold even in summers. Small city.
Saskatoon-unchartered territory, mostly. Preety small city.

2- What is the luggage size allowed? (I mean size of bag)
From UAE most A/lines will give u 1 x Checked in Bag & 1 x Hand Bag + 1 x Laptop/Vanity Bag.

-Checked in bag Size: 90cms x 75cms x 43cms
-Hand bag Size: 56cms x 45cms x 25cms

Ref: http://www.britishairways.com/travel/baggag/public/en_gb

3- How we can transfer our money to Canadian banks?
U can open a Scotiabank A/c from Dubai & transfer all funds to Canada. Details in my Master Thread, as well as in this thread also.

Most International banks also give that facility, but better avoided due to their exorbitant charges.

A wise way is to carry some Cash & rest in Drafts. Al Fardan Exchane can do it for u.

4- Which is the Cargo companies to carry our things from Dubai ?
I would not carry anything bulky or heavy from UAE to Canada. Not needed, things r quite competitively priced here. Besides, your transportation costs will render the effort useless. More on it read in my Landing Thread.

I plan to move from Dubai to Canada next October
This Oct or Next Oct? Rest assured u'd be elated with the landing & the country. Canada has lots to offer, u'd be happy & welcome here.

All the best!
Qorax

qatar_fsw4131

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010 & Doc's Sent Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Ldn CHC File Number recvd thru email after enquiry
File Transfer...
Jan 2010
qatar_fsw4131 said:
Dear bijupv007,
Thank u very much.
Hi friends,
I did another case specific enquiry in London visa office and this time I got accurate answer.Here is the email:

Dear Sir,
My apologies for the last email.
Your CHC London file number is as follows: BXXXXXXXXX (your file receives a different number when it arrives in London)
Your documents have been received (08-02-2010) and placed on file. Processing of your application will be resumed. No further action is required by you at this time.
Your file is currently awaiting review by an officer.
We will contact you again if we require further information or when we are ready to proceed to the next stage of your application.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,
KRC
Client Service Unit
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada

Shaman

Jul 27, 2010
Qorax,

Thanks for the quick reply. A couple of more questions:

1) Do we have to declare the properties, like flat etc. we have back home? Will I be required to make available proof of such purchase at the time of landing? Or listing will do?

2) Can Gold be brought in the form of 50/100G bars? Do I have to declare the same along with other jewelry?

I am an Engineer and have work experiance in petroleum industry/Logistics. Is Calgary a better place to land and stay from job propects view? or Toronto is okay? My wife is an M Phil. and is a lecturer here. How do you rate our chances of getting job quickly?

Regards,

Shaman

Knight

Star Member
Nov 11, 2009

hi Folks

any one can tell me what is the total Time line and waiting period for UAE based applicants if the Visa Office AbuDhabi.
my file received as NS, Canada on 17th Nov 2009, till date i didn't received any confirmation, AOR or any correspondence on my email mentioned in my application neither on my postal address.
any suggestion or advice for me????

cheers
Knight

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Shaman said:
Qorax,

Thanks for the quick reply. A couple of more questions:

1) Do we have to declare the properties, like flat etc. we have back home? Will I be required to make available proof of such purchase at the time of landing? Or listing will do?

2) Can Gold be brought in the form of 50/100G bars? Do I have to declare the same along with other jewelry?

I am an Engineer and have work experiance in petroleum industry/Logistics. Is Calgary a better place to land and stay from job propects view? or Toronto is okay? My wife is an M Phil. and is a lecturer here. How do you rate our chances of getting job quickly?

Regards,

Shaman
A. U may not declare overseas properties, else it's earnings will be taxable, on a yearly basis.
B. Only used jewelry is permitted duty free. Sovereigns, bricks, biscuits r not.
C. Oil Sands being@Alberta u'd have better opportunities@Calgary.
D. For a teaching job she'd require addnl Canadian quals.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Knight said:
hi Folks

any one can tell me what is the total Time line and waiting period for UAE based applicants if the Visa Office AbuDhabi.
my file received as NS, Canada on 17th Nov 2009, till date i didn't received any confirmation, AOR or any correspondence on my email mentioned in my application neither on my postal address.
any suggestion or advice for me????

cheers
Knight
R u a PR applicant? Or Student's/TRV? Abu Dhabi is not a visa office for PR cases. It'd be your homeland's CHC or London.

Qorax