+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

friedbrains

Apr 6, 2012
mydoterinlaw said:
Hello,
My daughter-in law submitted her caregiver application in Abu Dhabi where she worked.Unfortunately went back (Pinas)home 3 months after.7 months later she inquired and updated her information to them.She got a reply,mentioned there she can still continue w/ the application.Up to this writing (11 months na nakaraan after the date(March 14,2011)she have not heard from them no more of any advise of what she ought to do
Any feedback....????.
from what i have read in the many threads here, abu dhabi is slow, perhaps your daughter-in-law can try to transfer her application in Manila, however that will not be a guarantee that it will speed up things, as a matter of fact it might just slow it down as well... also, please do try to post in english only as this is an international forum..

ymood

Dec 12, 2009
bestpal said:
Mention not!

In fact, I know quite a lot about the procedure/s (applying-admission-study visa etc) as I had undergone through them very recently for my child! So if you need any help on doubts, ask/PM me and I will try to reply asap.

Cheers! :)

Best Wishes,
Bestpal
I am concerned about higher studies based on my work experience ( 13 years of teaching Mathematics) like Masters in Education. I need an experienced consultant to help through the process of admission to a university with minimum requirements according to average of my bachelor degree.

Thanks

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
ymood said:
I am concerned about higher studies based on my work experience ( 13 years of teaching Mathematics) like Masters in Education. I need an experienced consultant to help through the process of admission to a university with minimum requirements according to average of my bachelor degree.

Thanks
Pity your concerns and Sorry!
Agreed that 'We are not experienced consultant' and also we do not charge anything. You will have to search and do the groundwork yourself for that.

Lastly, get hold of the free booklet that GULF NEWS circulated with today's edition and browse it. FYI there is an upcoming event (www. mygetex.c om) 19th -21st April 2012 at Dubai Intl Convention & Exhibition Centre. You will still have to browse/visit personally to derive the benefits.

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ymood said:
I landed in July 2010 and planing to get back this summer (by PRTD), so I am a PR. I have 4 years degree in Pure Mathematics with 13 years experience so I think about Masters in Education. I need an advice about universities to enroll the soonest date (Sept. if possible). It will be great if you provide with consultants inside Candada to help in the application process.

According to your visit to Dubai, I am very interested to meet you. Please provide the date and contact details in Dubai.

Best regards
Hi brother,

Firstly, let me assure u that for such admissions u do not require a consultant, especially since u already r a PR. However, if u insist and do not mind spending unnecessarily, Cohen's (owners of this website) is the best bet for u.

Secondly, Bestpal has given u the correct advice/s... pls note that he also has a first-hand experience on the subject... recently he got his daughter admitted into one of the univs here.

Thirdly, as Bestpal said, "time is running out" if u r interested in 2012-2013 admissions. The process for this session is already "on" since last yr. And shall "close" by May-Jun 2012. It's already closed for many univs mind u.

Fourthly pls go thru this link. It'd give u the necessary insight into the entire gamut of joining univs of Canada:
http://www.cicic.ca/392/admission-to-universities-and-colleges-in-canada.canada

The "walk-in tool" for UofT:
Pls follow the steps on this link for understanding the process of 2012-2013 admissions for UofT (Univ. Of Toronto):
http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/adm-awards/admissions.action

Other univs./other provinces:
A great site to get similar understanding for univs. in other provinces could be found here:
http://www.canadian-universities.net/Campus/Admissions.html

Hope that helped...
Qorax

bjsp

Apr 17, 2012
Hello all,

I am newbie to this forum and I am planning to apply for Canada's visa. I am Indian Chartered accountant having three years of work experience and i am working in Dubai as a finance executive for a multinational company. I would like to know whether I should apply through some consultants or should myself complete all the processes. I am working on insurance processes in the firm, so I would like to know can I apply under "Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners " category of NOC. Also any suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks

wynterbabe

Apr 1, 2012
hi sir qorax,

Please help me on this one. My Ecas status is "In Process" already,I applied together with my husband last 2010 March. I got pregnant and gave birth last May 2011. I understand that I have to update my profile as to having a child for him to be included in our application. According to our consultant since we will add our son to our application we will be required to provide additional proof of funds in our acct for addtl family member. (my son) problem is it will be difficult for us to produce such amount of money for now. Now my question is, is it possible to just update my profile as to having a child but not add him to our application just not to produce addtl funds anyway my husband and I decided to leave him to our parents temporarily if in gods willing time we land to canada for us to adjust and become stable since we dont know yet how things go in canda and it' s difficult to bring a baby if we are still in d adjustment peRiod. (i hope u got my point) we will just get him once we are stable already. Will it be a problem in the future? And if in case I will add him now,do you think it will delay the processing of our papers? What to you think is the best thing to do?
Thank you very much and I hope You'll help me on this querie. :)

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
ja77 said:
Hmm, didn't think about Swiss Air actually. I'll keep that in my mind and check with them as well. By the way, do we need a transit visa in case of Swiss Air or British Airways per se? Perhaps this also depends upon the nationality? I am holding a Pakistani passport.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Hi JA77

I'm not sure about Pakistanis neeing visa while transiting. I hold an Indian pp and I had caled the Swiss office in Dubai to confirm that a transit visa is not required. However most of the European countries don't ask for a transit visa if you have confirmed onward tickets and a valid US/UK visa.

While this has been my experience I would still confirm with the airline before the trip

hope this helps

Er2d2g

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
er2d2g said:
Hi JA77

I'm not sure about Pakistanis neeing visa while transiting. I hold an Indian pp and I had caled the Swiss office in Dubai to confirm that a transit visa is not required. However most of the European countries don't ask for a transit visa if you have confirmed onward tickets and a valid US/UK visa.

While this has been my experience I would still confirm with the airline before the trip

hope this helps

Er2d2g
Alright, I'll check with the airline when the time comes. Thanks for advising.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
ja77 said:
Hmm, didn't think about Swiss Air actually. I'll keep that in my mind and check with them as well. By the way, do we need a transit visa in case of Swiss Air or British Airways per se? Perhaps this also depends upon the nationality? I am holding a Pakistani passport.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Hi, you dont require a TRANSIT VISA if you are travelling to CANADA through UK.

Cheers...

m.ibrahim

Nov 16, 2011
Qatar
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011 received at NS
Nomination.....
PER 14-10-2011
File Transfer...
ecas 2nd line..started processing 16-08-2012
Med's Request
10-04-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013 Rcvd at LVO 15-05-2013 ecas 3rd line 07-06-2013
Passport Req..
09-07-2013 DM: 28-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Guys, need advice.
I have submitted PCC for both Qatar & Bangladesh with my application. Qatar PCC was latest and Bangladesh PCC was issued on 2007, when I left my country with a job.
Any possibility that LVO will ask for latest PCC from Bangladesh? Is it possible to get PCC from my embassy?

Regards,
Ibrahim

mappleleaf

Star Member
Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a possibility that visa officer may ask you to submit the latest PCC's again, and it's always advisable to submit the latest PCC's whenever requested. It should not be 3 months old.

Usually, all embassies are entitled to issue PCC's whenever requested, and the only concern is that process may take bit longer.

H

Hotellier Dxb

Dear Friends !!!

I am losing hope. I send my documents in July' 2010 and have not received any update from CIS. I asked my consultant to order CAIPs and still not sure, if they have done so. Any suggestion how to find out about it ??????

redz

Apr 15, 2012
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to apply this july 2012 from Dubai, and want to send all the docs with initial application including PCC without any representative.
Is it OK to send all docs with initial application?

Please advise me which one is better..waiting till july 12 with all docs OR

should I submit the application NOW along with the docs whatever available? please advise..

one more thing..

What is your advise while showing funds, should I include both statements from India and Dubai?
And I have approx. 15000 CAD if I combine both accounts.. Is it OK for 2. Any advise on this matter is really helpful.

If any one applying for July12.. please comment.

Thank you..

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
SATDXB said:
Hi, you dont require a TRANSIT VISA if you are travelling to CANADA through UK.

Cheers...
thank you brother SATDXB. can you PM me your contact number for a quick conversation if it's okay with you? i have a few doubts that i would like to clarify and don't want to spam the forum.

ymood

Dec 12, 2009
Dear Qorax,

Previous year I applied to UBC and SFU but the applications were unsuccessful due to low average.
So I am thinking about a consultant so that he can help me to apply to a university that considers work experience rather than grades average.

Thanks.