Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
warm said:
Hello Qorax

I m new to this forum but i hav heard nd read alot about u in this forum and i think u r the right person with whom i shud consult regarding my case.

I m an international athlete nd som one told me i m eligible fr canada immi. plz tell me how is it poss nd what benefits does it offer?
regards
Hi,

I'm also clueless about the 'international athlete' thing. I guess though, it wouldn't give u any precedence but surely your case file would get strengthened. U may like to post a separate thread on the matter, so that all others can opine on it.

All the best !
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Snan said:
Hello Qorax,

I am a brand new member of this forum and having read the posts, I think you are the right person to address my query.

I applied to CIC London, in 2006 and got the AOR in March 2007 under the simplified process. In Feb. 2009 they requested all documents, which was sent early August including IELTS after request of 2 extentions from CIC. Initially, I applied independently but later hired an agent, probably the same one that you talk about. I was told by the agent that medicals would be requested in 2-3 months max. however, it has been about 8 months now and no news. The agent says, the background check is on etc etc. Is this delay usual? Do you have an idea about the time-lines for people who applied under the simplified application process?

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Snan
Hi,

I think your case is inordinately delayed. Jul 2007 cases have got their PPR from London [check Trackitt for member 'Krishan']. Currently, Aug-Sep 2007 cases r getting their meds. Send an email to London asap.

Yes, your b/ground check must be still on... however those agents always talk 'bull' & themselves r clueless of half the things on the CIC processing. Moreover, they dare not send an email query to CHC [scared u see]. So, take hold of your case asap 7 start enquiring.

All the best !
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
G2009 said:
Attention: quorax
Your contribution in guiding the applicants has been tremendous. Appreciate.
I would like to know how and when CIC organises interviews in Dubai? My case is pending since June 2009 as "In Process". To my case specific enquiry, I was told that file is up for interview. It was 2 months ago but I have not received any interview or information. I am NOC 4121.

I had reliquished PR voluntarily in Dec 2008 as I could not meet 730 days in 3 years requirement due to attenuating circumstances back home. It was acknowledged by CHC Abu Dhabi and accepted it. This was mentioned in the FSW application. Your thoughts on the case please. Thanks
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your previous PR. I guess, they r yet pondering about it -as to why u couldn't make it within 3/5 yrs formula & musing 'what circumstances have changed in your case since the previous loss of PR'? Thus, your VO'd like to spk to u. The delay in the interview is just a matter of queue -I think in another few days it will be sorted out.

All the best !
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
K2 said:
Dear Friends,

I have recently received my file number & now need to get Police Certificate. I stayed in India till July 2008 & then moved to Dubai. Can you tell me

1) Do I need to get PC from both India & Dubai?
2) How do I get it from Dubai? How long does it take ?
3) How do I get it from India while staying in Dubai, if required? And how long does it take?

Regards,
K2
As others have already correctly opined...
1. U need both.
2. For Dubai PCC u can visit 'any' Police Station -nowadays u don't need to go to the CID office. It takes 7 days.
3. Congendia will get u the Indian PCC. -for an Indian issued pp it takes 20-45 days. Dubai issued pp -3 to 7 days.

Qorax

Snan

Apr 4, 2010
Dear Qorax,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and advise. Please bear with me a little more on my case. I did send CHC a query in the month of January 2010 and they replied directly that the background check was still on and that they would be in touch when anything further develops. Subsequent to that, the agent "Worldwide" did request for the CAPIS notes but it is about 6 weeks now and no news.

Based on the above, would you still recommend me sending CHC an email inquiring about my case. Per the agent, my case is very clear cut and all documents were provided with all the necessary attestations and the requirements more than met. Another thing is that my spouse is from another nationality than mine and we have lived in more than 3-4 countries and have provided all the necessary PCCs. There are no discrepancies at all, yet so much delay which is suprising.

Could you please provide some feeback based on the above. Also, since this forum is for members from Dubai and Sharjah, do the memebers ever meet and have a discussion or queries addressed or presentation etc.

Thank you once again for your time and efforts.

Regards,

Snan

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Snan said:
Dear Qorax,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and advise. Please bear with me a little more on my case. I did send CHC a query in the month of January 2010 and they replied directly that the background check was still on and that they would be in touch when anything further develops. Subsequent to that, the agent "Worldwide" did request for the CAPIS notes but it is about 6 weeks now and no news.

Based on the above, would you still recommend me sending CHC an email inquiring about my case. Per the agent, my case is very clear cut and all documents were provided with all the necessary attestations and the requirements more than met. Another thing is that my spouse is from another nationality than mine and we have lived in more than 3-4 countries and have provided all the necessary PCCs. There are no discrepancies at all, yet so much delay which is suprising.

Could you please provide some feeback based on the above. Also, since this forum is for members from Dubai and Sharjah, do the memebers ever meet and have a discussion or queries addressed or presentation etc.

Thank you once again for your time and efforts.

Regards,

Snan
1. Like most agents WWICS is as lousy. I can bet that they 'didn't' apply for your CAIPS at all.

2. They, in Dubai have no clue at all about the Canada Immigr procedure. For everything thay'd say that they need to 'ask' their HO. And mind u in their HO at Mohali-Punjab, they still have nobody efficient yet to assist u. The only 'CSIC member' consultant they have is Mr. PS at Mississauga [Toronto] office, who is pretty busy counting the dough than assisting any applicants [they call them 'clients'].

3. The 'Relationship Manager' that u meet in their Dubai/Adh office are nothing but 'Marketing Officers' -clueless to the core. Uhh yes, some of them keep calling me up for 'help', now & then.

4. When u have a delay it is good/advisable to send email enquiry to your VO.

5. More No. of PCCs is directly proportional to more delay.

6. U didn't read this whole thread, else u'd know about our fortnightly meetings.

Qorax

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
sanjn said:
G2009,

I was asked to sign a form voluntarily relinquishing my earlier PR, which they sent along with the medical forms and rprf request and which I was to return by feb. Subsequently, an interview was scheduled in march 1st week and now am waiting for some word from them.

I'm not sure if this helped in anyway.. just my 2bits. May the seniors here can throw more light on it.

-Sanjn
Hey Sajn,

Did you apply for new PR when you are still a PR?....can you share you timelines?

- When did you get you original PR?
- When did it expire? Was a determination of PR status done on your case earlier?
- Did you apply for the new case when you were still a PR?

Regds,
AP

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Qorax,

Are the funds taken into canada on the second visit (after the intial landing),taxable.If yes,can this be avoided by declaring it in the goods to follow list (although these are not goods per se).Is there any provision,pls let me know.

Thanks

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
qorax said:
1. Like most agents WWICS is as lousy. I can bet that they 'didn't' apply for your CAIPS at all.

2. They, in Dubai have no clue at all about the Canada Immigr procedure. For everything thay'd say that they need to 'ask' their HO. And mind u in their HO at Mohali-Punjab, they still have nobody efficient yet to assist u. The only 'CSIC member' consultant they have is Mr. PS at Mississauga [Toronto] office, who is pretty busy counting the dough than assisting any applicants [they call them 'clients'].

3. The 'Relationship Manager' that u meet in their Dubai/Adh office are nothing but 'Marketing Officers' -clueless to the core. Uhh yes, some of them keep calling me up for 'help', now & then.

4. When u have a delay it is good/advisable to send email enquiry to your VO.

5. More No. of PCCs is directly proportional to more delay.

6. U didn't read this whole thread, else u'd know about our fortnightly meetings.

Qorax
Hi Snan,

I second Qorax, when he says that the more no.of PCCs,the more the delay.This is what happened in my case as i had 3 PCCs,as i result, i received my passport request after 3.5 months of my medicals.
About consultants,less said the better.They are a woeful lot.

Thanks

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi QORAX
u have been helping us a lot here. i just have one small question to ask u:

1. do London CHC make employment verification calls b4 or after medicals?
2. do London CHC require machine readable passports?
3. how long after sending medicals, London CHC send PPR?

i have just received medical request & yet to do my medicals, still i wanted to clear these queries with u as i know u r very informative & gives best advice possible.

regards
shibleebd

Snan

Apr 4, 2010
Dear Qorax,

Thank you so very much for your efforts. Yes, I didnt read the whole thread, just a part of it and realized that you are the main person through this entire thread. How do I find out where do you meet each fortnight, the details and if there is a number that I could call.

I appreciate very much, the time and energy that you put out here. It is a great help to so many people who are kind of in limbo sometimes regarding the process.

Best Wishes,

Snan

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
shibleebd said:
hi QORAX
regards
shibleebd
HI, HERE'S THE ANSWERS:

hi QORAX

-USUALLY EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATIONS CALLS R A 50-50 CHANCE. AND THEY R MADE BEFORE THE MEDS. IT'S PART OF THE B/GROUND CHECK, NOT THE SECURITY SHECK [WHICH HAPPENS AFTER THE MEDS]. HOWEVER ONE NEVER KNOWS... THERE CAN BE A 'LATE REACTION' BY THE CHC & THEY MIGHT TRY VERIFYING LATER AS WELL. HOWEVER, THE CHANCES R REMOTE.
-NO. U DON'T NEED MR PASSPORTS.
USUALY 2-5 MONTHS. AVG. 3 MONTHS, MAX 6 MONTHS [IF THERE R NO RED-FLAGS].

i have just received medical request & yet to do my medicals, still i wanted to clear these queries with u as i know u r very informative & gives best advice possible.

regards
shibleebd

QORAX

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THNX A LOT, QORAX, U R OF GREAT HELP

qorax said:
HI, HERE'S THE ANSWERS:

hi QORAX

-USUALLY EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATIONS CALLS R A 50-50 CHANCE. AND THEY R MADE BEFORE THE MEDS. IT'S PART OF THE B/GROUND CHECK, NOT THE SECURITY SHECK [WHICH HAPPENS AFTER THE MEDS]. HOWEVER ONE NEVER KNOWS... THERE CAN BE A 'LATE REACTION' BY THE CHC & THEY MIGHT TRY VERIFYING LATER AS WELL. HOWEVER, THE CHANCES R REMOTE.
-NO. U DON'T NEED MR PASSPORTS.
USUALY 2-5 MONTHS. AVG. 3 MONTHS, MAX 6 MONTHS [IF THERE R NO RED-FLAGS].

regards
shibleebd

QORAX

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Snan said:
Dear Qorax,

Thank you so very much for your efforts. Yes, I didnt read the whole thread, just a part of it and realized that you are the main person through this entire thread. How do I find out where do you meet each fortnight, the details and if there is a number that I could call.

I appreciate very much, the time and energy that you put out here. It is a great help to so many people who are kind of in limbo sometimes regarding the process.

Best Wishes,

Snan
Hi,

1. We usually meet in the al-Ghurair City Food Court, around 1300 hrs. on a Saturday & carry-over for lunch.
2. Member Krishan of Trackitt.com is the Coordinator -he links-up everyone.
3. His e-mail ID is: iniasvn@eim.ae

Regards,
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

Are the funds taken into canada on the second visit (after the intial landing),taxable.If yes,can this be avoided by declaring it in the goods to follow list (although these are not goods per se).Is there any provision,pls let me know.

Thanks
Hi,

1. Yes, the funds u bring-in 2nd time onwards become your 'earnings' & is fully taxable.
2. Putting them in "Goods to Follow List" was a Nice One !!! -No u can't.

Regards,
Qorax