Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hay Buddies,

We had a nice presentation / discussion at 4 Points-Sheraton today, viz. 'Post Landing Services / Issues' by our consultants (aka Worldwide). There were quite a few clients of theirs at the venue, the discussion touched many aspects of the landing process like:
-job serach,
-settlement,
-documentation,
-what to expect
-employers mentality,
-type of imdt jobs,
-why we should take any job imdtly/
-credit rating, why?
-***** Guest House, A/port pick-up,
-etc...

I'll discuss all that when we meet next.

Regards.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
qorax said:
bharath4mdubai said:
Hi Qorax & All others,

Its a good idea to get-together and share ideas. Sahara Center is good location for all those staying in Sharjah & Dubai. I would like to be a part of it. Qorax you may send me the details, my email address is mail2ladoo @ gmail.com. Lets take this meeting to greater hieghts and explore the opportunities. More brains = More ideas = More Chances.

I am sure, all of you will be in favor of this.

Thanks guys...

Bharath
dear bharat,

thanx for ur interest buddy. I'll shortly send u a msg on ur email ID.

regards.
Dear Bharat,

I have sent u the email.

Regards.

bharath4mdubai

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009
Doc's Request.
11-05-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
11-05-2009
File Transfer...
11-05-2009
Hey Qorax,

thnx buddy. I'll checkit up and come back 2 u....

Rgds,

Bharath

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
DUBAI RESIDENTS : HOW TO OBTAIN ONTARIO DRIVING LICENSE WITH OUR UAE LICENSE

Dear All,

Unfortunately UAE doesn't have a Reciprocal1 licence exchange agreement with Ontario. Thus, we cannot Swap our Dubai D/License to get a Toronto D/License.
Reciprocal1 License Exchange Agreement exists between Ontario and: US, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Germany, France, UK, Austria & Belgium.

But, in that case do we have to start all over again ?

No.
We can immediately apply & get a Toronto (Ontario) Driving License thru the following procedure:

FIRSTLY:
1. Take a 'Letter of Authentication' (in English) from RTA, Dubai stating "more than 24 months" driving experience in our country/ies.
2. Take a 'True Translation Copy' (in English) of our Driving License from RTA, Dubai.
3. Both of the above can be combined in one letter.
4. Or obtain an International Driving License* from 'Arabian Automobiles Association' or 'Emirates Driving Institute'.
*This is nothing but a translated copy of our UAE driving license. (it can be used in lieu of the item stated in point-2 above).

With the foregoing, we can drive a car in Toronto for three (3) months (only). Within that time apply for the Ontario Driving License. The procedure of which is given at: http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx As well as I am listing below.

SECONDLY:
We are called 'Out of Country Drivers' and we can skip the G1 stage and get a G2 driving license with our 24 Months letter:

-All applicants for an Ontario driver's licence are required to;
-1. present a valid foreign driver's licence (if it is not in English or French, it is to be accompanied by a written translation from a qualified translator);
-2. pass a vision test and a written knowledge test regarding Ontario's traffic rules;
-3. pay all applicable fees;
-4. Provide acceptable proof of identity.

-Applicants are required to provide adequate proof of foreign driving experience. (However, if it is not there, the ministry will accept applicants' declaration of their foreign driving experience on the driver's licence application for up to a maximum of 12 months experience. In that case you get the G1* license only.

THIRDLY:
Based on the 24 months Authentication Letter the ministry will recognize the applicant's foreign driving experience as certified on the authentication letter AND,
-We can attempt the G2**Exit Road Tests (mandatory wait times are waived).
-Upon successfully passing the G2 Exit Road Test, we get the G2 license.
-After 3-4 moths of driving under G2 we will be issued a G*** licence.
-If applicants do not provide a letter of authentication, applicants must pass the G1 road test and must fulfill the 12-month waiting period prior to taking G2 road test.

*G1 licence has certain limitations like we have to always drive alongwith a G license holder. It is thus, useless for us, who have good & adequate driving experience under similar driving conditions & system as that of Canada.
**G2 license is as good as G, except that we cannot drive on the Highway at certain times (Midnight Rush Hrs. when truck movement starts).
***G License is the 'full fledged' driving license.

Hope that helps.

universe

Dec 1, 2009
dear all

i too have applied initially to ns on the 18th apr 09 recvd aor on 19 may and sent completed application in jul. ecas showing visa application recvd status. have asked for caips rpt thru lawyer in canada.

Eng.M

Apr 7, 2009
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2007
Doc's Request.
15-3-2009
AOR Received.
14-5-2007
IELTS Request
15-3-2009
Med's Request
7-9-2010
Med's Done....
5-9-2010 RECEIVED 10-9-2010
Interview........
90% Waived
Passport Req..
Pending
Hi qorax , Salamo Aleyykom Brothers,

My name is Mohamed,I'm Egyptian ,I'm one of the old sys. guys :( ,I think the CIC have totally forgotten about us I've applied from Dubai to LDN office & My time line is as follows:
App.: March 2007
AOR : May 2007
Updte Requested :March 2009
Updte Sent :August 2009
E-Cas : In Process
No Clue about the medical .......got any advice?

The get together idea is great guys I wish to be accepted with u specially that I do live in sharjah ,my mail is : medhatapl@gmail.com

awaiting you reply

THX

Eng.M

Apr 7, 2009
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2007
Doc's Request.
15-3-2009
AOR Received.
14-5-2007
IELTS Request
15-3-2009
Med's Request
7-9-2010
Med's Done....
5-9-2010 RECEIVED 10-9-2010
Interview........
90% Waived
Passport Req..
Pending
Pls check this ,very good piece of article about the DUBAI DEBT CRISIS

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/574958-dont-moan-look-closer-to-home

THX

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
qorax said:
Hi all from Dubai,

It's high time that we start our 'own thread', like others are doing here !!!

I request all to post your timlines here and get connected. Firstly, it will sail us thru on this long agonising waiting period. Secondly, thru networking we can help each other on info sharing and act as morale boosters. Thirdly, we'll expand our 'Friends-Circle', both here as well as post landing.

Quite a few of us, in Dubai, are already in touch with each other. Some are thru, some just applied, while some are waiting for our PPRs. Let's expand the network... what do you say buddies ?

Warm regards.
I am from KSA, my application is being handled by an immigration representative based in Sharjah UAE. Can I join this group?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
universe said:
dear all
i too have applied initially to ns on the 18th apr 09 recvd aor on 19 may and sent completed application in jul. ecas showing visa application recvd status. have asked for caips rpt thru lawyer in canada.
Hi universe, Welcome tho this thread. U r from? And which CHC plz?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear all,

Let us Not Discuss abt the Debt Crisis, Financial situation etc. here, as that shall serve no purpose to our migrating case/s. Moroever, it will continue into various unnecessary posts (as seen elsewhere on this forum) and the very main issue of our concerns shall be diluted / sidelined.

I hope all agree.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Eng.M said:
Hi qorax , Salamo Aleyykom Brothers,

My name is Mohamed,I'm Egyptian ,I'm one of the old sys. guys :( ,I think the CIC have totally forgotten about us I've applied from Dubai to LDN office & My time line is as follows:
App.: March 2007
AOR : May 2007
Updte Requested :March 2009
Updte Sent :August 2009
E-Cas : In Process
No Clue about the medical .......got any advice?

The get together idea is great guys I wish to be accepted with u specially that I do live in sharjah ,my mail is : medhatapl @ gmail.com
awaiting you reply

THX
Hi Mohammad, WaAleikum-AsSalaam !

Welcome. I shall get in touch with your mail ID soon.

Regards.

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Yes, we should not include dubai debt problem in this forum. I am looking forward to a
new life in canada but I love dubai too. I just pray for a country that gave me so much
opportunity and dubai and its ruler deserve some respect.