+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

KhushalK

Oct 13, 2020
Hi all,
I live in Dubai. I used my emirates ID while doing the IELTS examination and my name in the test result form does not match exactly with passport. Any idea how much of a problem is it while filling up the ITA? And chances of rejection?
Thanks,
Khushal

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
it can creat a problem or confusion if you left it unexplained. However, if you attach a copy of the Emirates id along with an explanation letter this would probably suffice and any rational person will be able to tell that it is the same person who took the exam especially that your picture is on the Emirates id and i am sure the difference in name isn’t significant

if you want extra assurance, you can raise a request to the federal authority of citizenship to match your Emirates id to the passport and then approach the British counsil or idp and try to get them to issue a new test form. Show them a proof of the change request and explain everything i see no reason why they would refuse.

If they refuse, you can resort to the first option but also attach the change request raised to authority and the revised Emirates ID, this could serve as extra proof that your Emirates did indeed have a different name on it.

KhushalK

Oct 13, 2020
it can creat a problem or confusion if you left it unexplained. However, if you attach a copy of the Emirates id along with an explanation letter this would probably suffice and any rational person will be able to tell that it is the same person who took the exam especially that your picture is on the Emirates id and i am sure the difference in name isn’t significant

if you want extra assurance, you can raise a request to the federal authority of citizenship to match your Emirates id to the passport and then approach the British counsil or idp and try to get them to issue a new test form. Show them a proof of the change request and explain everything i see no reason why they would refuse.

If they refuse, you can resort to the first option but also attach the change request raised to authority and the revised Emirates ID, this could serve as extra proof that your Emirates did indeed have a different name on it.
Thanks for your detailed explanation. It seems logical enough. I did call the Federal Authority of Citizenship, but strangely they said they cannot modify my name on the Emirates ID card and I need to get my name modified on my visa before they can do that!! Perhaps I may need to make a visit to the office directly. Getting this done will largely solve the problem.
I guess part of my rationale for posting it here was also to get some assurance that my decision to use my Emirates ID wasn’t disastrous, and that I’m not alone in this and people in the same situation have actually received their CoPRs successfully.

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Thanks for your detailed explanation. It seems logical enough. I did call the Federal Authority of Citizenship, but strangely they said they cannot modify my name on the Emirates ID card and I need to get my name modified on my visa before they can do that!! Perhaps I may need to make a visit to the office directly. Getting this done will largely solve the problem.
I guess part of my rationale for posting it here was also to get some assurance that my decision to use my Emirates ID wasn’t disastrous, and that I’m not alone in this and people in the same situation have actually received their CoPRs successfully.
I do believe that it is the case, that you have to change your name on the visa as Emirates ID and visa are both linked. However do indeed visit them and double check of what needs to be done and do it. I know of someone who had a similar problem of name mismatch (has nothing to do with Canada immigration though) and he had his name amended, it took about a month i think, but he is based in AD.

i don’t think there is anything wrong at all with you using Emirates id. The British council/IDP consider it an acceptable form of identification , period. This what counts. IRCC accepts IELTS exams conducted by these institutions so automatically all their exam rules and procedures are accepted by ircc, no one can question you on not using the passport since you were given a different option.

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
Hi. I stay in abudhabi. I will be submitting my MOL. So do we have to get the labor contract attested?
I only have the soft copy given by my organization. Please help

Haith

Dec 8, 2020
Hello guys,
I received a passport request from Cairo VO, but I'm living in UAE, can I submit my passport through VFS

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
Hello guys,
I received a passport request from Cairo VO, but I'm living in UAE, can I submit my passport through VFS
When was your AOR

Sid2020

Aug 31, 2020
Hi all, I would like to get suggestions on a FastTrack MBA which can be approved by IQAS / ICES, however something that is reasonable. My CRS is as of today 462 with IELTS 8777 (CLB9)

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Hi
Can anyone suggest how to transfer funds to Canada? Scotiabank doesnt have a branch in Dubai and i am unable to get a draft facility from my bank.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

dan9

Jan 24, 2021
This is not a reply thread to anyone but a question in itself. Any help will be great!.. Please do reply on my thread.

Personal Loan in Dubai and the consequences later?

Hi reader!

Please try to answer if you have any experience or knowledge on the below points:

First let me explain my current situation: I'am working on a full-time job in Dubai and I have no problems with it (by the grace of God). My fiancee moved to Canada last July 2020 as she received her PR and she is doing fine now and working also on a full-time job in PEI, Canada. We originally had a plan to travel together but my visitor visa application got delayed due to Covid. Now our plan is, for me to travel to Canada after I receive my visitor visa that i applied during Feb 2020. (which I may receive soon as I already have received the approved covid19 exemption travel letter from IRCC). And then after I reach there my fiancee will apply for a inland spousal sponsorship visa followed by an open work permit visa so that I can start working there while waiting for the spousal PR to be approved.

However the challenge and my question lies below:

1) I have a personal loan for about AED 80k outstanding and I have no intention to stop paying it, so after I leave Dubai, Is there a possibility that I can pay from Canada every month without missing even a single payment as soon as I get there? If Yes, how can we do it as the bank account will remain frozen after I move as I would not have any current active UAE visa to keep my account as normal. How do I contact the bank? Will they agree as they will have no choice or will they take strong actions?

2) Will the bank try to deposit the cheque which they had originally made me sign for the full loan amount while taking the loan, now assuming that I had left the country. Coz if they will, there will be a case against me which I want to totally avoid as I would like to visit UAE again in the future. Will they do that even if I pay the full EMI amount every month?

3) I do not want to miss my End of Service Benefits which I will be receiving from my employer after I resign, as I understand my account will be frozen once the final settlement hits the account. And as the bank can only release the amount once I start working in a new company in UAE and provide them with the updated documents with a new visa, So my plan was to get another job and get the new visa and get my settlement from the bank released first. Is this a good plan?

4) This question is connected to question 3, If I get a new job in a new company in Dubai, should I resign from the new company as well before leaving for Canada so that I won't have labor ban? or Should I just leave without informing the company which will make me as absconding, but is this a big offense to worry about? I will want to visit UAE in the future, not for employment but as a tourist to see the old memories again.

5) Last question, now after doing all the above steps, will I have any problems later during my spousal sponsorship application when they do the background checks and all. I will also getting the PCC before leaving Dubai so that we can start the application as soon as I reach there in Canada.

Any help will be great!

We made this plan, not to stay far away from each other anymore and during this pandemic situation we need each other more than ever. I know other option would be for me to come back to Dubai and finish paying my loan, but that would take another 2 more years even if the outland sponsorship visa is approved within the next year and thats a long time to stay away from each other.

Thanks in advance :)

A-Z

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi guys , what a nice idea!
I have a question please I have applied for work permit in Canada embassy in Abu Dhabi along with the support letter from Newfoundland province office and the application has completed one year now is that normal and what would be the next step like interview or just approval and original passport hand over ?

thank you I wish you all the best of luck in this pandemic
Hi...have you received a decision on your application yet?