+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
Dear All, thanks for your reply in advance. How much funds are enough to settle down in Canada for a family of 3 (apart from CG requirements) ?

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hello Guys I have a money transfer query. I hope senior members/ people with similar experience can share insight.
Are both of below options possible for a person who works in UAE and wants to go for first landing.
1) Open account in Canada bank before first landing and send all the money directly so that you can quit the UAE employer for good and stay there for long period.
2) Go during vacation of one month from UAE to Canada for short landing and open account, then come back and send all the money and then quit and go back to Canada.
I don't wanna go for the 3rd option in which I first send all money to my home country and then quit and go and then transfer that money from home country to canada as that will involve a very painstaking and expensive process. Please guide me. Thank you

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello Guys I have a money transfer query. I hope senior members/ people with similar experience can share insight.
Are both of below options possible for a person who works in UAE and wants to go for first landing.
1) Open account in Canada bank before first landing and send all the money directly so that you can quit the UAE employer for good and stay there for long period.
2) Go during vacation of one month from UAE to Canada for short landing and open account, then come back and send all the money and then quit and go back to Canada.
I don't wanna go for the 3rd option in which I first send all money to my home country and then quit and go and then transfer that money from home country to canada as that will involve a very painstaking and expensive process. Please guide me. Thank you
I moved to Canada from Dubai alone on a WP and later my family joined after 4 month.
My office in Dubai was kind enough to transfer the end of services benefits after few weeks of my moving to Canada to my bank account in Canada.
When I landed I opened the local bank account in Canada and then later when my family was moving to Canada we transferred all our savings from Dubai before moving to our Canadian bank account.
I initially started banking with RBC and later switched to TD after 5 months (because of better banking benefits etc.)
You can try and talk to banks such as RBC, Scotia, BMO and TD who may be able to open for you before you arrive in Dubai as a PR.
Make sure you check with all of them if the have any minimum balance account maintenance charges etc or not. So once they open your account you can transfer your money from dubai here.
Later when you move here settle down and if you find a better banking deal you can always switch over

Fias34

Feb 5, 2019
I am in a same stage bro my aor is 21st jan and still waiting for any update..my case is with Lvo
Rgds
Hi.. AOR 22 Jan. I'm in the same boat, BG status changed to we are processing in May and still waiting... Any updates from your side...

0Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
I have applied for my wife work permit from Abu Dhabi on June 1st, unfortunately i had no choice as she is in Abu Dhabi. The waiting period is crazy 4 to 5 months.

0Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
I moved to Canada from Dubai alone on a WP and later my family joined after 4 month.
My office in Dubai was kind enough to transfer the end of services benefits after few weeks of my moving to Canada to my bank account in Canada.
When I landed I opened the local bank account in Canada and then later when my family was moving to Canada we transferred all our savings from Dubai before moving to our Canadian bank account.
I initially started banking with RBC and later switched to TD after 5 months (because of better banking benefits etc.)
You can try and talk to banks such as RBC, Scotia, BMO and TD who may be able to open for you before you arrive in Dubai as a PR.
Make sure you check with all of them if the have any minimum balance account maintenance charges etc or not. So once they open your account you can transfer your money from dubai here.
Later when you move here settle down and if you find a better banking deal you can always switch over
Is CIBC better or TD? in terms of TFSA, GIC and Mutual Fund accounts? I have kept my money with National Bonds for few years after leaving UAE but finally got everything in Canada because of the current economic instability in UAE.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Is CIBC better or TD? in terms of TFSA, GIC and Mutual Fund accounts? I have kept my money with National Bonds for few years after leaving UAE but finally got everything in Canada because of the current economic instability in UAE.
I would say both are comparable, some will say TD is better others will says CIBC because of their individual comfort level and relationship with the bank.
If you can maintain $5,000 min daily avg balance in your current account TD has a banking package called All Inclusive Bank Account. https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banking/products/bank-accounts/chequing-accounts/all-inclusive-banking-plan/
In this they cover their top line credit cards (at no yearly changes) and a safe deposit locker (subject to availability)(charges may apply). They do provide TFSA as well. Check with them on the GIC and Mutual Fund

Hakim Mbarki

Jun 5, 2019
I have applied for my wife work permit from Abu Dhabi on June 1st, unfortunately i had no choice as she is in Abu Dhabi. The waiting period is crazy 4 to 5 months.
Hi bro
Could you tell me more details,I mean which year your wife applied and after how long did she get her visa .did she make interview with the embassy or no
Thank you

BaliAshmita

Jun 22, 2019
HOW do you choose if you should hire a consultant to apply or do it on your own? this video tells you what to consider when making that decision.
it also tells you how to spot scams and frauds if you choose to go with a consultant. it is on you tube by TheBestPlaceOnEarth and it is called "should you get an immigration consultant..."

Koffi Alfred

Jul 15, 2019
I am a cameroonian by nationality. I am a graduate with a bachelor degree in communication and bilingual. i wish to get a job at the UAE or anywhere where i can find one. I am 29yrs old and have a good mastery of communication skills.

if i can get help or sites to apply then i will be grateful.

thanks

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what document we going to upload.

Document: Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered

If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification.

Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.
job offerred from employer as cook . what documents need to upload
thank you

10th

Jul 20, 2019
Hello,

I really need some advise and opinion/suggestion on this. I am currently in UAE and due to the nature of my work, i availed the services of a consulting agency to process my WP. From finding for a job in related to my experiences up to processing the visa on my behalf.

Question:
1. how would i know if they've created a CIC account for me? when they were asked for the username and password to my account, they refuse to give for the reason of confidentiality, they said.
2. Also, they're going to apply me a TRV and would later on convert/changed to a WP once i arrived in canada, how true is this?

Note: they had given me an offer letter and was sent back to canada for the confirmation letter (they said)

I know that there's a lot of uncertainty here. I apologize. Currently offshore and cant visit their office yet.

Thank you very much.

anushat

Jul 30, 2019
Hi, please can anyone advise where to get a self declaration document notarized in Dubai. I spoke to a private law firm and they are charging 750 aed for one document.