+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual Nationality Refugee Claims (very complicated)

moudi2020

Aug 8, 2016
Hello,

I know a friend of mine who has a Syrian and Lebanese nationalities. He has applied to a private program for refugees resettlement to Canada and has been accepted. He has an appointment with the embassy 2 months from now and he is currently living in Lebanon. We know that according to law if the applicant is a dual national, he or she must establish past persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution in each country of nationality. Also, it is very easy to prove his fear of persecution to return to his country of origin (Syria) since he's asked for military service and hasn't been there since he turned 18 (before the war in Syria). Now, since he is currently living in Lebanon and because of his political opinions of the war in Syria. He recently started getting some threats from a specific Lebanese party who is also involved in the War in Syria and commonly known that this party is not under Lebanese authority control. Now, my questions are how it is easy to prove his claims to the officer that he have been threatened and have fear of future persecution while being in Lebanon ? how easy to prove refugee claim also being residing in Lebanon now and didn't go to a third country ?

Thanks,