+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dual intent

boomshakala

Aug 7, 2009
i have applied for PR in provincial nominee category.while waiting can my wife apply for open work permit coz i belong to NOC O?wat are d chances?will the CIC say that my wife has no intentions of going back to country since we applied for PR?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try it. You can say that she will wait for your PR with you and if you are refused, she will leave with you. If they are convinced she will leave at the end of her work permit if you don't get PR, they might give her a work permit.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
NO as far as your previous medical is valid till issuance of your PR

boomshakala

Aug 7, 2009
Leon said:
You can try it. You can say that she will wait for your PR with you and if you are refused, she will leave with you. If they are convinced she will leave at the end of her work permit if you don't get PR, they might give her a work permit.
LEON,how do i go saying this?do i include a letter in my wife's application?what about supporting documents,i submitted everything to PR application except passport,will they consider photocopies of docs?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they are asking for originals of something and you don't have them because you sent them for your PR, you write a cover letter saying that and include copies. If you don't have enough space on the application itself to convince them she will leave again after her work permit expires if the two of you don't get PR, then write an extra letter. Sometimes people are refused because they don't believe they will go back. They may have given you a temporary permit based on you having strong ties to your home country and will not overstay because you are leaving your wife behind but if your wife joins you, what are her ties and who is she leaving behind? It depends on the embassy in your home country. Some embassies seem to believe that everybody will overstay but you never know if you don't try.