12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
Dr Eng X said:
1st the decision is yours however you have touched many good points
"we are just presenting our own experiences"

2nd I had the same chance to be frank more than sometimes I regret that I left my chance of a job in dubai so think it very throughly... jobs in UAE are more secure and won't burn you alive...it is very fierce in Canada...and networking is more important than your skills

3rd I have lived in US and I liked the US...I thought Canada is almost the same like the US however it is not... and as you have said "in my words" Canadian government not only does not care about immigrants but it cares less about its citizens.

4th when Bush was asked about the American deficit and economic problems he said we'll take over Canada although this was a joke but in many sense it is true. The current government spent huge on airplane defense contract and that was a primary reason for the last election...
Read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_federal_election,_2011

5th I think this point might help you a lot...if you are a worker NOT a professional most likely you will find a job in Canada however if you are highly educated with many graduate degrees it is very difficult to find a job in your field...I have seen it all

6th Canada unfortunately is NOT again (I repeat ) is NOT US and it does not pursue any advanced scientific programs...if a successful program started in Canada it is bound to get sold to US...some might keep their jobs while others might change
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Canada_CF-105_Arrow

Good luck
After all these concerns still you applied for Canada, starange.

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
Guys,
I have 2 real stories for two of my friends.

One of my friend went to Canada in year 2000 as student. He settled there and eventually sponsored his parents and all brothers and sisters. Couple of them are doing professional jobs and others are doing labour jobs. One of the family member has set up his own small business. My friend has helped all of his family members to settle in Canada.

The other friend went to UAE in 2001. He became ill at work last year. He has sent back to Pakistan, where he is living with four of her daughters. My friend's brothers are supporting him financially.

For me, there is no ambiguity where I want to go. My sincere advise to the readers, no country is perfect, but Canada is the best country in the world.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Coming to a new country does not mean you'd be successful there. One needs to have plenty of studying on that country, their economy, their culture, employment systems etc. all those things together can yield something good. you need to work hard systematically as per the need of Canada. not as per your needs. its how fast you adjust yourself with a new country and how fast you learn.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sho78 said:
After all these concerns still you applied for Canada, starange.
When I applied (long ago) I did not have those concerns and things were a bit different...do not get confused with my profile. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife.

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
Dr Eng X said:
When I applied (long ago) I did not have those concerns and things were a bit different...do not get confused with my profile. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife.
If thats the case then its better to find some job in gulf and leave Canada.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sho78 said:
If thats the case then its better to find some job in gulf and leave Canada.
Totally agree and I am looking for a job in US or the gulf however I have some things to get them done first

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
Coming to a new country does not mean you'd be successful there. One needs to have plenty of studying on that country, their economy, their culture, employment systems etc. all those things together can yield something good. you need to work hard systematically as per the need of Canada. not as per your needs. its how fast you adjust yourself with a new country and how fast you learn.
You are absolutely right my friend ,you got the point........ +1 for you

2010 Jan

Jan 25, 2010
First and foremost, we need to understand 21st century is ambitious, you are ambitious and so am I. Forget about kid's future, secure your future first. If you do not have future, I doubt your kids. What is future, getting better education and better job???. Better education can be bought if you have money, send your kids to Oxford or Harvard ;), who dares to stand and confront your kids and you can make it happen with your money earned in gulf.

Think wise, act wise.

Ambreens

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Dr Eng x, how much time elapsed since you fell out of love with Canada??? That is if you ever were in love with it.. :)

shah0207

May 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
NO
edmonta said:
Comparision of UAE & Canada given by Mr Quorax..
R u a citizen of the country where u live presently?
-Can u stay/reside till eternity in that country?
-Can u do whatever u want there?
-Can u buy a house in a yr in that country?
-Will u get pension after your haytime is past in your current country?
-Can your children be called First Country Citizens there?
-Do they receive Free Education now?
-Do u all receive Free Healthcare in that nation?
-Do u like to reside in Asia rather than North Americas?
-Do u believe in equality of man & get bit there?
-Do u get 50% goods @ cheaper rates than there?
-Do u get to drive a good used Merc @ $12000?
-Don't u want to be least bothered about landlords increasing your rents?
-Is 50% of that salary (Dubai one) Ok for the first yr, might be earlier?
-R u Ok with the same current salary in 1yr from now?
-And it increases (the salary) 50% thereon yr to yr?
-How about being self-employed, w/out the hassle of owenership/sponsorship?
-Do u receive about $300-500/child as Free Allowance every month?
...I could go on...

If the answers to the above is Yes... Then stay on in Dubai.
If 50% of them is No... Welcome to Canada!

Qorax

Regards,
Edmonta
I like the way to explain.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ambreens said:
Dr Eng x, how much time elapsed since you fell out of love with Canada??? That is if you ever were in love with it.. :)
I am a scientific man there is no falling in love with a country. My home is where I like. You ,guys , have to be objective when taking decisions. Also there is a difference between a country, the citizens of the country, the government,.. .
Everyone has a different point of view and I respect that. I do not undermine someone because they disagree with me.
I have seen so many examples and what I concluded was based on them. Those who question me obviously did not read my references.
Unfortunately, our Canadian government claim to follow peaceful policy. However, when they want to serve the US interest (buy their airplanes, maintenance contracts go to war...):
instead of spending on developing our own and it is not that we can not
Then we complain about immigration of our scientist and skills to the US. Flashnews you did not keep them.
Then why accept skilled professionals in first place when they can not integrate to be helpful power in society. I have seen Doctors who work in cleaning, security, taxi drivers... They did what they can do to integrate. They took the exams as hard as they are and devoted money and time to get accredited. When the exam results expired before finding a job they retook it. They have been doing their best to integrate.
I was happy to see some changes in the skilled professionals demand as they dropped many of them. However those who already immigrated here what did we do for them. Also, those we are accepting them "Did we really help them through it?" The government offered them programs to adjust and adapt :D if you have a degree you can go to a community college and get a diploma! Start from the bottom of the ladder :D ....if you are a doctor you can be a nurse...if you are an engineer you can be technician, better if you can get a driver license you will be better as a driver....
If you followed and participated in the elections, you will understand
I have seen those program that on the surface they sound great. Almost all these programs are for making money ... if you wish to enroll in them mostly they start by teaching you English... mostly it is required...People need jobs not training...you can not work because you do not have Networking, Canadian experience,...
Anyway, I really do not have time and who really cares ... Everyone is responsible for their own decisions and all I am providing is just my own and surrounding experience.
I'd love to see Canada as the best in all and it is not hard or impossible.

ayazf

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Dr Eng X said:
I am a scientific man there is no falling in love with a country. My home is where I like. You ,guys , have to be objective when taking decisions. Also there is a difference between a country, the citizens of the country, the government,.. .
Everyone has a different point of view and I respect that. I do not undermine someone because they disagree with me.
I have seen so many examples and what I concluded was based on them. Those who question me obviously did not read my references.
Unfortunately, our Canadian government claim to follow peaceful policy. However, when they want to serve the US interest (buy their airplanes, maintenance contracts go to war...):
instead of spending on developing our own and it is not that we can not
Then we complain about immigration of our scientist and skills to the US. Flashnews you did not keep them.
Then why accept skilled professionals in first place when they can not integrate to be helpful power in society. I have seen Doctors who work in cleaning, security, taxi drivers... They did what they can do to integrate. They took the exams as hard as they are and devoted money and time to get accredited. When the exam results expired before finding a job they retook it. They have been doing their best to integrate.
I was happy to see some changes in the skilled professionals demand as they dropped many of them. However those who already immigrated here what did we do for them. Also, those we are accepting them "Did we really help them through it?" The government offered them programs to adjust and adapt :D if you have a degree you can go to a community college and get a diploma! Start from the bottom of the ladder :D ....if you are a doctor you can be a nurse...if you are an engineer you can be technician, better if you can get a driver license you will be better as a driver....
If you followed and participated in the elections, you will understand
I have seen those program that on the surface they sound great. Almost all these programs are for making money ... if you wish to enroll in them mostly they start by teaching you English... mostly it is required...People need jobs not training...you can not work because you do not have Networking, Canadian experience,...
Anyway, I really do not have time and who really cares ... Everyone is responsible for their own decisions and all I am providing is just my own and surrounding experience.
I'd love to see Canada as the best in all and it is not hard or impossible.
Fully agree with ur views, but some people take it personally when one tries to highlight the negatives as if Canada is their personal property and no one has a right to express one's views.

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
ayazf said:
Fully agree with ur views, but some people take it personally when one tries to highlight the negatives as if Canada is their personal property and no one has a right to express one's views.
Canada is not my personal property, but I hate when people continue to live at the same place but they keep complaining. LIKE it or LEAVE it.

I have met many people in UK, who will die here and will never go back, but they keep telling their friends "Don't come here, this country is no good".

And you have to love the country, you live in, as that is your homeland. It doesn't matter if you are scientist or whatever. All the people who visit this forum are successful and professional people.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
ayazf said:
Dear All

After lot of deliberation and thought and weighing all pros and cons I think Canada is not the place what it is projected to be I'm planning drop the idea.

I am settled in a decent job here in Dubai and the idea of leaving the same and going into an unventured territory where everything is uncertain seems quite risky.

My reasons for thinking about Canada in the first place were good quality of life and avoiding things that I didnt like in my home country India that is insensitivity of govt towards its people.

Quality of life I think in Canada is good but to avail that one has to have enough money and social standing which i understand by reading the posts in this forum that the same is not very common with imigrants.
As for the insensitivity I think the govt of Canada too is insensitive to an extent to the problems of immigrants.

Whatever it is -this is what I think.Donno where things are headed for and whether I wasted all this time energy and money to chase a futile dream.

Feel lost and donno what to do..
I am Indian too , living in UK since 5 year (was in Germany too for 6 month project last year) and before coming to UK I been to Dubai and Saudi too for short visit .
Now reason for which i dont ever want to go India - Corrouption.
Middle East : most raciest people of world and no matter I can get what ever job but they treat us as second even in front of there foolist countrymen, they just treat South asian just like animals, no respect . Plus if after 30 year i need to leave that country then why waste my golden period serving them.
UK : best country in world , good climate , v good jobs (if you know english) , nice people , no raceism and lots of human right , but now days its hard to get unite with siblings etc who in India .
Canada : lots of UK quality beside weather plus you can call your close relatives, friends there gradually in temp to perm visa once you get settle there .

I know once I will be in Ca, i can call few cousin and friends from India to join us in easy visas like student and pnp , plus good standard of life and lots of benifits by govt and most important canadian govt will care for you as a canadian .