+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving license issue-Bangladesh

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I have a Bangladeshi driver license which will valid up to 2015.

Now what can i do for activating Bangladeshi license to Ontario, Canada?

Whats the procedure i have to follow and complete from Bangladesh?

Pls suggest experience brothers......

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ripon243 said:
Dear All,

Go through these websites and then in case you have any doubt clear it here

http://www.drivetest.ca/en/home.aspx
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/index.shtml

Dont forget to bring authentication letter from the license issuing authority in your country.

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 ,

My understanding is
1. I need to take authentication letter from Bangladesh road authority in letter head pad, dated n signed
2. Drivers license is in English format, so it is OK.....
3. I have to admit for G1 test written(road sign + traffic rules) I have to correct 16 of each out of 20(Total 40 questions)
4. How the test will be occured, it is online or need to go to test centre?
5, Is there any cost involve?
6. can i able to start just after landing?

Pls correct me if i made worng and provide ur valuable suggestions......

many thanks.....

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. I need to take authentication letter from Bangladesh road authority in letter head pad, dated n signed
>>> right

2. Drivers license is in English format, so it is OK.....
>>> right

3. I have to admit for G1 test written(road sign + traffic rules) I have to correct 16 of each out of 20(Total 40 questions)
>> right

4. How the test will be occured, it is online or need to go to test centre?
>> will have to visit test centre.

5, Is there any cost involve?
>>> $ 125 upto G2, G = $ 75. Driving lessons $ 25-30 per lesson. Test day lesson and vehicle : $100-$150

6. can i able to start just after landing?
>>> you can start

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
if you land in Toronto, then I dont see why you would need a Car. TTC's Subways ans buses go to very nook and corner of that city.

Bonzworld

Aug 16, 2010
Hi, Have you got the "Letter of Authentication" from BRTA? As far as i understand BTRA would not follow any official pad. They just write and sign with seal on it. Does it work?
please update me as i am from Bangladesh.

ripon243 said:
Dear All,

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonzworld said:
Hi, Have you got the "Letter of Authentication" from BRTA? As far as i understand BTRA would not follow any official pad. They just write and sign with seal on it. Does it work?

trying to get that one

sami6108

Jul 11, 2009
Bonzworld said:
If you really need an authentication letter Bangladesh High Commission of Canada provide that authentication letter. You need to require enclose your original Driver's license and need to fill up the form is there in the website and would be better if you can also attach the copy of your passport.

If you do not have your Driver's license in Canada with you and lost it in Bangladesh then you need to get the hand written certified copy from BRTA and need to file a GD and need to send the documents also with your copy of your passport, current status in Canada and other identification document if there is any along with the form.

The charge is 40 Cad for urgent which they provide in a week and 25 Cad for ordinary which takes up to one month. They recommend to send the documents in a registered mail not DHL, FedEx etc. and to include a prepaid mail with it as there is some recent incident of loosing documents while sending and receiving from the Bangladesh High Commission which they always blamed on Canada Post but the concerned person blamed the high commission.

Here is the link of Bangladesh High Commission where you will get more information.

htt p://ww w.bdhc(.)or g/index.php?go=attestation

This is the link of the form:

htt p://ww w(.)bdhc(.)o rg/download/attestation_application_form.pdf

Ignore the brackets and space.

Hope it is helpful.

nahid023

Star Member
Sep 23, 2011
dear Bangladeshi brothers and sisters,

please accept my apology as my message is not related to this sub-forum. as you all already informed that CIC is going to trash all our applications those who applied before February 2008. so, we the pre february 2008 applicants, formed a group to be united worldwide and raise our voices together against this injustice. therefore, my request is.... if you know any bangladeshi who are in the same boat, please try to inform or spred this message to them for joining us.
a total of 895 members (pre feb 2008 applicant) are already joined so please inform them to visit http://www.facebook.com/groups/179730375479964/
your cordial cooperation regarding this issue would be highly appreciated. we are praying for all of your success. please pray for us too so that we would be able to fight strongly against CIC.