+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving license exchange

Satbir08

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Hi guys!
I am in Ontario now and moving to New Brunswick next month. I have an Ontario G2 license. Will I be able to exchange this license for a New Brunswick license or I'll have to give the road test again in New Brunswick?

Regards,
Satbir

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for replying back. My Concern is in exchange of G2 license will I get a class 5 New Brunswick license or Class 7 level 2?

Regards,
Satbir
It says class for class. You should get Class 7 level 2.

Why would you get a class 5?

Class 5 authorizes the holder to drive any motor vehicle including:
• any vehicle from Class 9;
• any two-axle motor vehicle except an ambulance, a taxicab or a bus;
• any three-axle motor vehicle, other than a truck, of a type designed for use in the construction, maintenance and repair of highways, whether or not the vehicle is to be so used; and
• to tow a towed vehicle which is registered up to and including 4,500 kg gross vehicle mass behind a motor vehicle or motor home referred to herein but not equipped with air brakes.

Satbir08

Star Member
May 5, 2021
It says class for class. You should get Class 7 level 2.

Why would you get a class 5?

Class 5 authorizes the holder to drive any motor vehicle including:
• any vehicle from Class 9;
• any two-axle motor vehicle except an ambulance, a taxicab or a bus;
• any three-axle motor vehicle, other than a truck, of a type designed for use in the construction, maintenance and repair of highways, whether or not the vehicle is to be so used; and
• to tow a towed vehicle which is registered up to and including 4,500 kg gross vehicle mass behind a motor vehicle or motor home referred to herein but not equipped with air brakes.
Thank you!!