+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving License Abstract from New Delhi

anjusnews

Jul 26, 2018
I just got DL extract today from Delhi (Janakpuri RTO) within 45 minutes of reaching there.
It would have taken me less time and less money in case I would have gone there with fees paid. The fees is only 55 Rs. As I went there without having my fees paid, the guy at internet/fees counter took 150 Rs.

Now the process. The complete system is online now. Before going there, make sure you have made an application on site and paid fees.
Link is as below:
https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice8/dlServicesDet.do

Select DL Extract, create an application and post fees. Get the printout of fees payment, original DL, application to MLO fir purpose of DL extract and one copy of DL. That's it.

Reach at counter no 11. The guy will check you're receipt and details and stamp it. Now he'll guide you to go to counter no 17. There sits the MLO. He'll verify details, search your application on site, and give you a signed and stamped printout of your Extract. Done.
Hi there,

Was your letter on an official letter head ?

anjusnews

Jul 26, 2018
I don't think So.. as there is no way in India to keep track of accidents as such.. but it does record any changes done to your license.

There is an online option to apply for an extract.. in got mine.. Which is stamped by the authority .. look it up on their website.

Was the extract on an official letterhead?
Or simply a printed paper signed and stamped by RTO?

Thank you

Anju

iamneerv

Jul 27, 2018
I just got DL extract today from Delhi (Janakpuri RTO) within 45 minutes of reaching there.
It would have taken me less time and less money in case I would have gone there with fees paid. The fees is only 55 Rs. As I went there without having my fees paid, the guy at internet/fees counter took 150 Rs.

Now the process. The complete system is online now. Before going there, make sure you have made an application on site and paid fees.
Link is as below:
https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice8/dlServicesDet.do

Select DL Extract, create an application and post fees. Get the printout of fees payment, original DL, application to MLO fir purpose of DL extract and one copy of DL. That's it.

Reach at counter no 11. The guy will check you're receipt and details and stamp it. Now he'll guide you to go to counter no 17. There sits the MLO. He'll verify details, search your application on site, and give you a signed and stamped printout of your Extract. Done.
Hey !

I was filling online application for DL extract. I came across one question i.e. select reasons for DL extract. So, what should I choose? Miscellaneous or other option? The image is attached herewith.

About me :- I am going to Canada to pursue masters in engineering. The sole purpose is to apply for international driving license without giving any additional test. I have almost 4 years of experience .

My reason is not mentioned in the above options.

Also, please let me know the application format I have to write which has to be given to RTO.

Thanking you

Neerav
Email - neervbhatia96@gmail.com

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
The driving license extract is easily available from your respective RTO in Delhi. I just got it a few days back. They charge Rs. 50 for the extract. Just write a normal application asking for the extract, go to the transport inspector's office in the RTO, he will sign the application, then go to the cash counter with the signed application and your DL and pay Rs. 50 and get the relevant receipt, the cashier will then tell you about the counter no. that you have to go to for the extract. At that counter they would search the records and get the printout for the same, then you take this printout to the inspector again and he would stamp and sign it.
It is nothing but a printout showing their records pertaining to your DL with information like the issue and expiry date, address and class of vehicle etc. and it would then be stamped and signed by the transport inspector.
Did ontario give you credit of the experience? I have different address on the Driving licesnse. does that matter?

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Ontario doesn't give you credit for driving experience other than allowing you to take the G test directly

Minigolf123

Aug 13, 2018
i just got my extract today from Sheikh Sarai RTO, Delhi. here are the steps i followed:
1. went to information desk, and asked for process- i had to explain what i need and she told me it was called an experience letter. asked me to take a written application for the same to the inspector
2. went to the inspector who informed me it was called 'Extract'. took a copy of the driving license and letter- signed the letter and asked me to submit fees.
3. waited for a long time for the fee submission. checked online, there is no option for paying this fee online. i will try the helpline.
4. after paying fees, went to data entry desk- they asked me to check details and go back to Inspector.
5. the inspector took a look at my fees and gave to his assistant.
6. assistant asked me to get printout from one of the other desks and the inspector signed/stamped it immediately.

the overall process is very smooth and transparent. no hassles or requests for bribe. inspector extremely polite and courteous. explained things to me even though there is a huge line. saw him behave well with others as well.

for those interested, you may see the redacted version of the extract here. https://imgur.com/a/DWMu4

please like my post if i helped
Hi,

Your post is very helpful. Can you please tell if you were successfully able to use this Extract in Canada and give G2 test directly?