+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving licence authentication letter in India

nilsej

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Hi,

Anybody have already got this authentication letter for driving licence which we need to show at the time of getting our driving licence in Canada for the proof of driving experience we already have. Actually When I applied for the same here in India they have given me the same but it is not on Official letter head as it should be, when I ask them they told that government authority do not have letter head and so do they so it is on normal paper.

I just want to check if anybody else here in India got this letter and is this the same situation or else pls advice.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
If it bears the RTO's 'Round Seal' & the signatory's 'Stamp', alongwith a Date & Ref. No., it should be fine.

doc28

Oct 18, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nilsej said:
Hi,

Anybody have already got this authentication letter for driving licence which we need to show at the time of getting our driving licence in Canada for the proof of driving experience we already have. Actually When I applied for the same here in India they have given me the same but it is not on Official letter head as it should be, when I ask them they told that government authority do not have letter head and so do they so it is on normal paper.

I just want to check if anybody else here in India got this letter and is this the same situation or else pls advice.

Thanks
hi nilsej
i have seen authentication l;etter of a relative from punjab who went to canada. it was also without letter head. it was bearing only official seal n stamp of the transport authority. it was valid there in toronto.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doc28 said:
hi nilsej
i have seen authentication l;etter of a relative from punjab who went to canada. it was also without letter head. it was bearing only official seal n stamp of the transport authority. it was valid there in toronto.
Do not ever bring a authentication letter without letter head, they dont take it. Drive test or service office would not have taken that letter from your relative.
With authentication letter and copy of licence showing experience of 1-2 years or more, they wave the waiting period between G1 to G2 and G. Waiting period is 1 year between G1 to G2 and 8 months between G2 to G. If your driving licence is not in english then get it translate.

I AM REPEATING TO STRESS ON THIS POINT : No letter without letter head is acceptable in Trive test or service ontario office/ Transport Dept, they just dont take it.