+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draw 23 happened, cut off 460

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eski said:
@JoacRy, i feel you.no point taking any unecessary risks. i came into the usa last week and saw a border officer question some people so hard they started stammering to the point she had to send them for extra questioning.
my point is even though we may b technically right in some situations....it really does depend on the officer handling your file.
one everyone must do though...
PREPARE YOUR APPLICATION LIKE THE MEANEST VO WILL PROCESS IT.
@JoacRy.I AGREE WITH YOUR PLAN...
Thanks eski, after reading about the good and bad experiences of people on the his forum I decided that it's better not to take a risk. As you say I'm treating this like the strictest Visa Officer will handle my case. From my point if view even though others may have been lucky in some vases, I have decided that 100% transparency is the only way to reduce the number of questions they can ask or the number of different reasons they can find to not process my application.

Appreciate your support :)

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
JoacRy said:
Thanks eski, after reading about the good and bad experiences of people on the his forum I decided that it's better not to take a risk. As you say I'm treating this like the strictest Visa Officer will handle my case. From my point if view even though others may have been lucky in some vases, I have decided that 100% transparency is the only way to reduce the number of questions they can ask or the number of different reasons they can find to not process my application.

Appreciate your support :)
do you really need to decline your ITA though?
because from my understanding if the information is incorrect, you can use some tool to recalculate the points and see if you have a right to accept ITA.
If you work experience is going to be 365 within a week and you accept the invitation AFTER your work experience meets the requirements then I think you are not in a breach even by the most prudent standards.
You are accepting the invitation only after you submit your documents and pay the cost attached.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
8Hannah8 said:
do you really need to decline your ITA though?
because from my understanding if the information is incorrect, you can use some tool to recalculate the points and see if you have a right to accept ITA.
If you work experience is going to be 365 within a week and you accept the invitation AFTER your work experience meets the requirements then I think you are not in a breach even by the most prudent standards.
You are accepting the invitation only after you submit your documents and pay the cost attached.
Hi 8Hannah8, I've found research that says they can choose to process the file at the time of the ITA or at the date of the E-APR. Doesn't this mean if you get a strict Visa Officer then they will go with the first option? This is my main concern.

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
JoacRy said:
Hi 8Hannah8, I've found research that says they can choose to process the file at the time of the ITA or at the date of the E-APR. Doesn't this mean if you get a strict Visa Officer then they will go with the first option? This is my main concern.
Your course of action should depend on how confident you are that in the next rounds points will drop (and immigration laws will not become stricter) and when your work permit will expire.

I think at this point many people mix up rules for paper-based CEC and EE based CEC.
The system generated an ITA for you based on the information you presented. As the system is flawed, you found there might be a potential drop in point. CIC instructions state:

Changes to your personal situation
If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should re-calculate your score before applying online for permanent residence.

If your recalculated score is less than the lowest score in your round of invitations for an Invitation to Apply, you should decline the invitation.

Warning: In this case, if you decide to apply, we may refuse your application and will not refund your application fee.

Some examples of changes which could lower your score:

you no longer have a valid job offer
you no longer have a provincial nomination
your language test scores have expired, or you re-took them and they are lower

After you recalculate in a week, you will be compliant with all requirements. You could also add it as a remark to your personal statement.
To be honest with you, I think it mainly depends on your likability. For some people they find even the most minor flaw as a determinant factor, for some even major loops in application are just not enough to refuse it.

Just don't refuse it right away, think about it for a bit. Maybe you will be able to find more information researching. Or make it as a separate post, there are some very qualified individuals around who actually have legal training.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi thanks for your support. Won't click the dreaded 'Decline Invitation' straight away. Will do some research first. I don't think there will be anymore draws in 2015/so o hope I'm not penalized for getting more information before making an informed decision.

Appreciate your prompt reply. Thank you for bringing a meaningful perspective to this discussion. :)

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
SecularFirst said:
I believe Anyone with a computer can make EE profile. Even you can make multiple profiles with random names and email ID's to draw to scores up. How do they distinguish genuine profiles prior to sending ITA's? or they don't ? If later is the case, then its not an efficient system at all. Then there are people who decline their invites. I dont know how many of the 1500 drawn every draw actually apply. Do we have any stats on this available ?
good point.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
JoacRy said:
Hi thanks for your support. Won't click the dreaded 'Decline Invitation' straight away. Will do some research first. I don't think there will be anymore draws in 2015/so o hope I'm not penalized for getting more information before making an informed decision.

Appreciate your prompt reply. Thank you for bringing a meaningful perspective to this discussion. :)
Mate have you been invited yesterday?

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to all for ITA

We are on 412 boat!! Long wait for us..

Doubtful; but hope fully some time next year we will get the opportunity

Good luck

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy108 said:
Mate have you been invited yesterday?
Hi, yes got the Invitation yesterday. Doing my research as per my posting previously. Couldn't yet bring myself to click the dreaded ' Decline Invitation' button for the second time in a fortnight.

How about you?

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
I have a question for you guys.
I basically have two accounts on CIC website! I used one for visa and permit applications. And then created another one (with different email address) for Express Entry. I don't have multiple express entry profiles though!
I did it because at some point I wanted to delete my profile and I couldn't, so decided to create new profile. Is it against CIC rules? ???

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Han said:
I basically have two accounts on CIC website! I used one for visa and permit applications. And then created another one (with different email address) for Express Entry. I don't have multiple express entry profiles though!
I did it because at some point I wanted to delete my profile and I couldn't, so decided to create new profile. Is it against CIC rules? ???
NO. Even multiple EE accounts is not against the rules.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Han said:
I am in a similar situation and never had any issues. I have an older account with cic that i used in the past for a temporary resident visa extension and when I started the express entry process, I created a new account for that and i did my EE profile and PR application all on my second account.

Personalky, I never had any problems with it and I dont see why it would be an issue, since travel and immigration are two separate cases anyway.

Oct 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to those of you that got the invite in this round! Couple of silly questions from a newbie.

1. First, I don't seem to see any evidence of round #21, #22 or #23 on the website: cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp
I am accessing the site on Dec 20 6pm GMT and it only seems to be showing a very outdated page with info about round #20. Has this issue happened to anyone else?

2. Second, If you declare that you want to settle in 'Ontario' but after you land in Canada are you allowed to change your mind? Is it easier to get invites to some territories as opposed to others?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reza_abbasy@yahoo.com said:
Congrats to those of you that got the invite in this round! Couple of silly questions from a newbie.

1. First, I don't seem to see any evidence of round #21, #22 or #23 on the website: cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp
I am accessing the site on Dec 20 6pm GMT and it only seems to be showing a very outdated page with info about round #20. Has this issue happened to anyone else?
Click on this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/
Click on this sub-heading: Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system
Previous Rounds: See previous instructions respecting invitations

2. Second, If you declare that you want to settle in 'Ontario' but after you land in Canada are you allowed to change your mind? Is it easier to get invites to some territories as opposed to others?
Yes, there is no rule forcing a person to live in a certain location. Letters of Interest for Provincial Nominations are dependent upon the potential applicant having the skill set to fill the demands of the businesses operating within each Province.

Wagner__

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I need a clarification on my proof of funds.

Could I use my spouse account to complete my proof of funds? For example, I have 12.000 in my account and other 5.000 in her account (that account belongs to her, it is not a joint account).