Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
sorry quick question?
i just filled my express entry form but did not submit it cos it asked for my ECA and i havent recieved it yet,its in process.
i wanted to ask....if i select that ECA wasnt done but i still say that i have my medical degree,does it give me points for it or i can only get points when i give them my ECA number?i did not submit the profile cos i felt my score would be low without the ECA.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sensay said:
Congrats to all who got ITA this draw.

Next two friday's are Dec 25 and Jan 1st. So no draws are expected on those fridays. Jan 8,2016 everyone will still be on holiday mood. I dont expect a draw on that day either.

Hopefully next draw will be Jan 15th,2016 and cutoff will be 500+ :(
I declined my ITA on 4th Dec & will be declining this one as well due to the system giving me points to which I'm not yet entitled to. I hope you are wrong and the score is not 500+. Hopefully there will be more frequent draws in the New Year and the score will come down.

I think that if the score moves to 500+ it will be an indication of them selecting fewer people per draw.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eski said:
sorry quick question?
i just filled my express entry form but did not submit it cos it asked for my ECA and i havent recieved it yet,its in process.
i wanted to ask....if i select that ECA wasnt done but i still say that i have my medical degree,does it give me points for it or i can only get points when i give them my ECA number?i did not submit the profile cos i felt my score would be low without the ECA.
Until you get your ECA and can complete the number you won't get any points for your Education. It's best to wait until you get the ECA so you can complete the ECA number field prior to submission of your EE profile.

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
Thanks JoacRy....very prompt reply.i was already feeling bad i dint at least try so i'd see for my self.thank God i waited.
how did the system give you points you dint deserve??
JoacRy said:
Until you get your ECA and can complete the number you won't get any points for your Education. It's best to wait until you get the ECA so you can complete the ECA number field prior to submission of your EE profile.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
JoacRy said:
I declined my ITA on 4th Dec & will be declining this one as well due to the system giving me points to which I'm not yet entitled to. I hope you are wrong and the score is not 500+. Hopefully there will be more frequent draws in the New Year and the score will come down.

I think that if the score moves to 500+ it will be an indication of them selecting fewer people per draw.
We are in the same boat. I decline 2 ITAs too. Well cicnews says that no. of ITAs will be increased next year. Idk how much increase they will do. I seriously have no faith in this EE anymore. I have been in the pool since 2nd January. Started from 362 and gradually made my way to 455. Witnessed all 23 draws and trust me all those 23 days were the worst of my life. Felt so low. Just can't take it anymore. I have my PGWP only till Mid Feb 2016. If I don't get an ITA before that then I'll find my way to Australia.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eski said:
Thanks JoacRy....very prompt reply.i was already feeling bad i dint at least try so i'd see for my self.thank God i waited.
how did the system give you points you dint deserve??
I was awarded CRS points for 1 year of Canadian work experience when in actual fact my '365' days of working in Canada comes up next week. It's because you can only enter work start and end dates by 'month' not day. Hence you start on the last day of the month and you still are regarded by the system as having worked a whole month.

The way the rules are written, if you get an ITA based on having the points to which you are not on entitled on the day your receive the ITA (but will have at the date you submit your application), the Visa Office can deny the application and accuse you of 'misrepresentation' and potentially hit the applicant with a '5 year ban' from visiting Canada.

Some people have been in this position and said they have waited and submitted and have been successful in getting PR, while others have said that the only CRS points which count should be those you are 100% entitled to on the date the ITA is received. As I don't want to be hit with the worst consequences, I am taking the 'safety first' option. That way if I get an ITA after the 365 days there can be no doubt about the legitimacy of my application.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
manidhatt said:
1 point drop in 2 weeks. BS
Not BS. Just the system working as intended. The score is supposed to be on the higher side - if it went down too low, there would be no point in having it.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
manidhatt said:
I have been in the pool since 2nd January. Started from 362 and gradually made my way to 455.
We've seen some 450 draws. A score like that has a good chance of being drawn.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
JoacRy said:
Some people have been in this position and said they have waited and submitted and have been successful in getting PR, while others have said that the only CRS points which count should be those you are 100% entitled to on the date the ITA is received. As I don't want to be hit with the worst consequences, I am taking the 'safety first' option. That way if I get an ITA after the 365 days there can be no doubt about the legitimacy of my application.
It's misrepresentation if you lie, deliberately putting incorrect information. If there were a few day difference at time of application, they might not even notice, and if they did, the worst you would realistically be looking at is the application being declined.

If you were working from July to August, and you put July to August, that's not misrepresentation. If you put June to August to get the ITA, that is.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
I believe Anyone with a computer can make EE profile. Even you can make multiple profiles with random names and email ID's to draw to scores up. How do they distinguish genuine profiles prior to sending ITA's? or they don't ? If later is the case, then its not an efficient system at all. Then there are people who decline their invites. I dont know how many of the 1500 drawn every draw actually apply. Do we have any stats on this available ?

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
I myself declined 3 ITA's in past 4 months coz of problems with collecting right documents. I believe there are many more like me. There should be an open pool where people could see there actual standing with respect to others. There should be some system where you could see how many candidates are above and below you at any time you want, so that you dont have to wait for draws. And system should automatically draw certain number (say 1500) of profiles as soon as it hits that number. No more waiting for friday draws.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
It's misrepresentation if you lie, deliberately putting incorrect information. If there were a few day difference at time of application, they might not even notice, and if they did, the worst you would realistically be looking at is the application being declined.

If you were working from July to August, and you put July to August, that's not misrepresentation. If you put June to August to get the ITA, that is.
Agreed and that's what I have done. What you say is correct if you start and finish on the first day of a calendar month and end on the last day of a calendar month respectively. The problem is I didn't start my first job on the first day of the calendar month and I did not complete the job on the last day of a calendar month. I put in the exact dates I started and finished (in months).

I have been honest and transparent in the information I entered in my profile. To be 100% compliant if I get an ITA after my '365' work days I will submit a LOE showing days worked and hours to satisfy the requirement of:

12 months/1,560 hrs (30 hrs @ 52 weeks)

I know that it may seem a little overboard but at least I would be able to prove it.

Appu1987

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17
Doc's Request.
Jan15_pcc
Nomination.....
April10
AOR Received.
July 10
Med's Request
Dec. 11
Med's Done....
Sent on Dec 14
SecularFirst said:
I believe Anyone with a computer can make EE profile. Even you can make multiple profiles with random names and email ID's to draw to scores up. How do they distinguish genuine profiles prior to sending ITA's? or they don't ? If later is the case, then its not an efficient system at all. Then there are people who decline their invites. I dont know how many of the 1500 drawn every draw actually apply. Do we have any stats on this available ?
when you create your profile it asks for passport no and name .. it's not just another website were you register with fake ids... And more over they take ielts document no .. eca assessment no.. nothing can be a fraud ..