+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

drafting an e-mail?

sfkiyani1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2008
London
hi,
Please can any one give me suggestions about how to draft an e-mail to send to CIC, about asking them regarding our passport request. As I submitted my medicals on 25th Nov'08 along with the landing fee, just wanted to ask them, that how long will it gonna take? Bit confused as i don't want to make any mistake, your suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Regards
Sfkiyani1

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Its up to you to send an email inquiry to them but your PPR should be on its way. Did you send the pre-paid envelop? Which courier service you used and which CIC office you are talking about?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My personal advise is, littelmore wait,could be end of this month? as you have done final step of PR, just littelwaitmore. I hopeyou will have contact within this month, if not then you conact them,just my advise,let see what other say.

zelgre

Jan 17, 2009
I am in the same situation. I did my medicals on 10/27/2008 and sent docs on 11/23/2008, till now nothing. I never sent any prepaid envelope, and I do not remember that they asked for one. U guys think I should email them? (me too I would realy apreciate if someone can give us a draft email)

sfkiyani1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2008
London
Thanks for your replies well i never send them any pre-paid envelope and for what we should send them that? My consultant told me that they have already sent one e-mail to cic on 17th Dec'08 on my behalf but now he also wants me to send one myself. I hope to receive PPR request by the end of this month!

Thanks
Regards

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Sorry that I didnt't fully understood your question as I thought you were waiting for PR stamping not PPR - anyways, it sometimes takes 2 - 4 months to complete this process, you need to wait and be patience. They supposedly doing a background check at this time and it depends how many countries you lived in, more countries more time.

No return envelop was needed at this stage, once they send you the PPR, then you have to send a pre-paid envelop so you guys are OK.

Once you submit the medical and pay the RPRF fee, the only way you will get rejected is either background check comes out fishy or you fail in medical other than that, you will get the PPR soon.

ianwar

Dec 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Sfkiyani1,

I can imagine how are you feeling this time. I submitted my medicals and documents in the last week of September 2008. And I got my request of passport on Jan 20, 2009.

I would suggest you order for Caips Notes. www.caipsnotes.com. I received Caips notes in one month but trust me they are very useful and from those notes I found out that my case is ready for visa.

If you will email Canadian embassy i'm sure they will just say we are processing. Caips Notes are best at this point.

hope it helps.

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
Hi there,

New yorker is right, after medical it takes 6- 8 months to get the PPR request depending on your country and after sending the passport it may take another 2 months, you should only expect to get visa when your medicals are about to expire, that too even if you are lucky.

Take Care

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so if the PPR Expires, what will the OP do? Is that fair on the OP? I hope this is not a gimmick?This is ridiculous.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
helpmeimmigrate said:
Hi there,

New yorker is right, after medical it takes 6- 8 months to get the PPR request depending on your country and after sending the passport it may take another 2 months, you should only expect to get visa when your medicals are about to expire, that too even if you are lucky.

Take Care
I would say that this is extreme, it may take 2 to 6 months to get the PPR after medicals submitted and after PPR it takes only mailing time so lets say 1 to 10 business day to receive your PP with visas.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
BobbyB said:
so if the PPR Expires, what will the OP do? Is that fair on the OP? I hope this is not a gimmick?This is ridiculous.
I do not think they issue a visa which expire in few days, they'll give you ample time to land or if they have delayed your process, they will ask for another medical and the visa will expire after one year of your latest medicals.

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
Yes they do honey,

Just because you do not know you cant say it is ridiculous.
Lots of times cic cannot keep track of expiring medicals and if they expire they have to ask you for another one. But in case just before they expire, you ask them for an update and let them know that it is expiring they will let you know that the expiration of visa will be a short duration, if acceptable you may reply.

Because if your medical expires they will not issue you a visa until you do it again.
Secondly, Medical request does not mean that you file is done, after medicals and RRPF it takes another 6-8 months to complete security and background checks and then you get your PPR, after you send PP , and there is time for your medical to expire they take their own time to give you the visa.

Well, only if you are very lucky which is rare that you get ample time to land. In my personal case I got a visa with only two weeks of validity and my visa officer, phoned me personally to ask if I would be able to travel in such short notice.

Lots of our clients are granted visa for only a week's duration. If you dont believe , read various posts where people have given medicals and its been months are they are still waiting.

Some people need to get facts clear, before commenting.