+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Downloaded forms August 2nd and sent off August 15th - now seeing the checklist (imm5533e) updated in 08-2022!

msmm

Feb 11, 2019
Calgary
My husband is English and I am a Canadian citizen - we applied inland with an OWP on paper.

I downloaded all the forms August 2nd and sent off on the 15th as per my title - now I'm seeing the checklist was updated 08-2022. My version was 06-2019. As far as I can see that was the most recent previous version, but I'm so nervous now that the application will be returned. Is there any sort of grace period? Can anyone tell me when exactly in August imm5533e was updated?

I'm so nervous now.

ericansm

Jul 26, 2022
I just submitted inland with OWP today too and didn't realize they have just updated the checklist...

But the order of items and content are the same. They just added remarks about online application. I believe it's no big deal!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's hard to say, because it's only the checklist but...it's still an outdated form, maybe. The forms are not date specific, rather month and year specific, so they may accept all August applicants that used that form.

IMHO they should emphasize that an applicant must check for updated forms as the very last thing they do before mailing/submitting the application.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
I believe the form was updated on the 15th exactly. I checked on the 14th and it was still the old version. I think you are good!
Yeah, I did check before and it was the old one and I rechecked only because I heard it was updated recently.

I know IRCC would allow some leeway for applications which was sent recently. I compared both and the only changes is more about the texts which now outline the requirements abuot Online vs Paper. However, the photos requirements has been updated and you should follow that, especially when doing online.

msmm

Feb 11, 2019
Calgary
Thank you everyone. From what I can see it does look like it was updated either the day of or day before I sent it off and the only difference is that it now mentions specifics for online applications. Here's hoping they will allow a grace period!