Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Hi,

I am from India and have completed my Masters degree in Communication with a Bachelors degree in English. I would like to know whether I need to get both my degrees assess or only the highest one? Also, could anyone please suggest which institution I should approach - WES or CES?

Thanks,
Amanda

abhicg

Oct 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2016
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
Hi Amanda,

Its the highest degree which will be evaluated, but as a supporting degree i.e. bachelors degree will also be required by the assessing body. I got it done via WES. you could check there website for more details w.r.t the requirements of transcripts that need to be submitted.

Regards,
Abhi

mandy.c said:
Hi,

I am from India and have completed my Masters degree in Communication with a Bachelors degree in English. I would like to know whether I need to get both my degrees assess or only the highest one? Also, could anyone please suggest which institution I should approach - WES or CES?

Thanks,
Amanda

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandy.c said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Amanda
I have no experience with CES, so I can only speak for WES.

Generally, you only need to get your highest qualification assessed.
But, firstly, WES does not charge you extra to have 2 degrees assessed, so it's better to get both done, just in case.
And secondly, I believe for Master's degrees from Indian universities, you must provide your Bachelor's degree. You should double check this in WES's document checklist, though.

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
istari said:
I have no experience with CES, so I can only speak for WES.

Generally, you only need to get your highest qualification assessed.
But, firstly, WES does not charge you extra to have 2 degrees assessed, so it's better to get both done, just in case.
And secondly, I believe for Master's degrees from Indian universities, you must provide your Bachelor's degree. You should double check this in WES's document checklist, though.
Thanks. I shall check this:)

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
abhicg said:
Hi Amanda,

Its the highest degree which will be evaluated, but as a supporting degree i.e. bachelors degree will also be required by the assessing body. I got it done via WES. you could check there website for more details w.r.t the requirements of transcripts that need to be submitted.

Regards,
Abhi
Sure. Thanks!:)

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
So WES requires both the Bachelors and Masters degree documents to be sent.

For the Final certificate it says "Forward a legible copy of the document to WES." Whereas for the transcripts, I would have to approach my university and college to send them.

I am currently living in the same city where I did my Masters from, so i can personally go and apply for the transcript. Problem is with the transcript for my Bachelors degree which I pursued in another city. I would probably only be able to go to that city and apply for the transcript in January. My question is should I send copies of my final certificates (which are in my possession) to WES right away and have my university and college send the transcripts in the next few months? How does this work? Please guide me.

Thanks.

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
dan_and said:
Why can't you call or email them and ask them to send the transcripts to WES directly? Alternatively, ask them to send the transcripts to your home address in a sealed envelope and then forward this to WES. I don't understand why you think you physically need to go there.

I wasn't aware I could do that. Thanks, I'll check on that:)

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I would suggest using CES. I used them for my undergrad degree and they were easy to contact and friendly. I'm using WES for my masters and it's been a nightmare. No one answers the phones for questions, and it takes days to weeks for emails to be replied to. Oh, and I had to order it twice because the first time they didn't charge me, thus didn't start processing. (Did I mention they don't answer phones so it's taken well over 20 days.) I have a degree from an American university so it's not like there's a lot of complicated parts to it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I would suggest using CES.