+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO's & DONT's before landing in BC as a new immigrant???

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
Hey guys!

Kindly throw some light on the Do's & Dont's before landing as a new immigrant!
Docs required other than COPR?? Any declaration forms n stuff???

Flying from India to BC in a weeks time!

Thanks!!

Robin35

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
15-08-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
My husband Landed Yesterday in BC @ The Sumas crossing. He needed his passport, COPR, Form B4 (personal effect accounting doc) http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf My husband had a printed list of both - Goods on hand - and - Goods to follow - They want a total $ Value. The Agent wrote "see attatched lists" in the 'description of goods' section and stapled it together. It was a pretty simple process and they were friendly. They Stapled his Copy of his COPR into his passport and said his PR card should arrive in 4-6 weeks and to remove the COPR after it does. ;D I Hope that helps .. Good luck and CONGRATS !!

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Robin35 said:
My husband Landed Yesterday in BC @ The Sumas crossing. He needed his passport, COPR, Form B4 (personal effect accounting doc) http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf My husband had a printed list of both - Goods on hand - and - Goods to follow - They want a total $ Value. The Agent wrote "see attatched lists" in the 'description of goods' section and stapled it together. It was a pretty simple process and they were friendly. They Stapled his Copy of his COPR into his passport and said his PR card should arrive in 4-6 weeks and to remove the COPR after it does. ;D I Hope that helps .. Good luck and CONGRATS !!
Great information. Huge help to post this thankyou for sharing ;D :D ;) 8)

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
Robin35 said:
Thanks Dear!! Great Help! One Ques do we need Form B4 anyways or only if there are goods to follow??

Thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
cal2can said:
Thanks Dear!! Great Help! One Ques do we need Form B4 anyways or only if there are goods to follow??

Thanks!
B4 are for the goods that you will be bringing with you from India, either now, or later. It allows you to bring things without having to pay taxes on them. If you will be flying with only a "normal suitcase" (nothing very valuable, clothes, etc. ) then you probably don't need anything. If you are traveling with items of value, OR if you're sending some boxes or goods later on (in 6 months etc.), then fill out a B4, and get it stamped when you land - it's the only time when you can do it. If you don't get the list stamped when you land, you will have to pay taxes on goods when they arrive in Canada later on (if you're sending boxes for example, they will be held at the customs - most likely Vancouver port - and you will have to go and clear customs before you can take possessions of them - that's where you will show the stamped declaration/list of goods).

Good luck,
Sweden

Robin35

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
15-08-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
Sweden is correct .. you need it for both the items you have with you @ landing and good to follow later

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
cal2can said:
Hey guys!

Kindly throw some light on the Do's & Dont's before landing as a new immigrant!
Docs required other than COPR?? Any declaration forms n stuff???

Flying from India to BC in a weeks time!

Thanks!!
Don't go to BC, the job market there is terrible.