+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Don't make this mistake !

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just wanna share with you what happened to one of my friends. Hopefully this will be a lesson for everybody. On interview day he had an exam at the university and couldn't postpone it so he decided to take the exam from 9 to 11 and go to his test/interview at 12:00( I'm not sure about the time but it was something like this. Unfortunately he got to the test location 10 mn late. The door was closed and they just took the invitation from him ..maybe he was told they would send him another one... The Irony is that his process was very smooth and it took him just 7 or 8 months from day 1, no RQ or anything.

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the exactly the same situation lol
I have exam on April 28th from 9-12pm and citizenship test from 12:30.
I really hope my exam would not take whole 3 hour.
Any update from your friend?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Yeah, bad mistake. You can always reschedule a university exam.

Seven to eight months to the test, huh? I assume he was not in Winnipeg? 8)

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His office is Scarborough and no update yet it just happened 3 days ago. By the way, I advised him to get a letter from school stating he was taking exam from xx to xx and send it to them. Don't wait till they send an RQ.

mtl2014

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mango91 said:
I have the exactly the same situation lol
I have exam on April 28th from 9-12pm and citizenship test from 12:30.
I really hope my exam would not take whole 3 hour.
Any update from your friend?
yesterday i accompagned my wife to do test at marriott hotel. it took maybe 3 hours and half to finish.we arrived at 12h45pm ,the exam started at 1h15pm ,finished at 1h45pm. but interview with officers took a long time because they call 5 or 10 persons at the same time and if you are last called you will finish at 4h30pm.
when my wife was inside doing the test i saw a man arrived 5mn late and they didn't let him enter and told him to send a letter to cic with the reasons of the delay and wait for another date.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
mtl2014 said:
yesterday i accompagned my wife to do test at marriott hotel. it took maybe 3 hours and half to finish.we arrived at 12h45pm ,the exam started at 1h15pm ,finished at 1h45pm. but interview with officers took a long time because they call 5 or 10 persons at the same time and if you are last called you will finish at 4h30pm.
when my wife was inside doing the test i saw a man arrived 5mn late and they didn't let him enter and told him to send a letter to cic with the reasons of the delay and wait for another date.
Cold, heartless, bureaucrats......

mtl2014

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
Cold, heartless, bureaucrats......
it's your opinion.i think every person who want citizenship must arrive in advance .because it's one of the important day of our life.and when they close doors and start the test they can't disturb others .being late is a sign of no interest and no respect.that's my opinion.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Goldline said:
just wanna share with you what happened to one of my friends. Hopefully this will be a lesson for everybody. On interview day he had an exam at the university and couldn't postpone it so he decided to take the exam from 9 to 11 and go to his test/interview at 12:00( I'm not sure about the time but it was something like this. Unfortunately he got to the test location 10 mn late. The door was closed and they just took the invitation from him ..maybe he was told they would send him another one... The Irony is that his process was very smooth and it took him just 7 or 8 months from day 1, no RQ or anything.
He may be out of luck, Operational Bulletin 476B

New Procedures – Administrative closure of applications

Effective September 3, 2013, applicants will be sent one test/interview notice. If the applicant does not show up at the appointed place and time, and fails to provide an acceptable reason for this absence, their application will be administratively closed.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
mtl2014 said:
it's your opinion.i think every person who want citizenship must arrive in advance .because it's one of the important day of our life.and when they close doors and start the test they can't disturb others .being late is a sign of no interest and no respect.that's my opinion.
So quick to judge.

Do you have any idea why this person was late? When I accompanied an aquaintance to the test, it was totally unclear where to go, or where to sit to wait for CIC to call you in. If you weren't sitting in the right place, it would have been perfectly possible to miss the call for the test or to be FIVE MINUTES late getting to the door. Seriously, not every case of tardiness is a sign of no respect.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
I was late 10mins for my exam at st clair's . Doors were locked when I went so I knocked the door and they let me in... No problem,

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
mtl2014 said:
[/quote

I agree..being late for work or missing the bus is not the same as missing your test. Life is tough.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the time given on the letter is 30 mins to an hour earlier than the actual test. so if a person goes by that time, even a 5 mins delay won't be too hard. but a 5 mins delay for the actual test indicates 35 mins delay from the time mentioned. that's quite a bit of time. the CIC indicates an early time for the same purpose.