+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Don't know if they accept my pass mark or not?

samehyassa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2007
hello every body,

I am already open my immegration file to Canada from Abril,2006. I've received a notification letter from the CIC , they told me that they receive my application and i have to wait till abril 2010 and they will tell me later if my case will need interview or not, My problem is i am not sure if i passed the 67 points or not coz i used a secondry school certificate to proof my level in frence, i was in need of 2 points only to complete my pass mark to 67 points, so i wrote down that my french leve is basic as french is my Second language.
So any body know if this letter mean that i passed the 67 points and if they will accept my secondray school french certificte to proof my level in french as a basic level and give me these 2 points.
Thanx,

polongi

Nov 12, 2007
Hello,
How about other selection factors like education, age, work. can you give details on this and also your education. what points do you award on this. Just incase also we need to undergo TEF to make it clear on french ability :)

samehyassa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2007
thanx you for replay,
all my points without french is 65 and i just need 2 points from french to reach to 67

age = 21, as i am 30 years old at the time of applying
experience =10,i am working as engineer 7 years ago
education =20, univeristy degree of engineering
Ielts = 10, i get score band of (7, 6, 5.5, 5) and i choose it as my first language in my application
my wife gives me =4, she is engineer with univeristy digree.

As you see i just miss 2 points to complete 67 , so i used french certificate of my secondary school to have these 2 points and to prove my proficancy as a basic level in french

polongi

Nov 12, 2007
here is the max points base on CIC

Education Maximum 25 points this is my confusion also i can awad you 22 points here if you have 15 years of fulltime studyAbility in English and/or French Maximum 24 points award your self 16 points for english
Experience Maximum 21 points why only 10 points
Age Maximum 10 points you got 10 points
Arranged employment in Canada Maximum 10 points
Adaptability Maximum 10 points
Total Maximum 100 points
Pass mark 67 points

try this self assessment base on CIC website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp

and let me know what is your rela score. hope this will help. Also ther is a clause on the genral ifo that if you fail need to inform visa what other factor you can bring to become successful in canada.

samehyassa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2007
thanx you for your intrest but i want clear some points to you

i already opend my immegration file at abril, 2006
and i will send you the points i achived
Education =20 i have 17 years of fulltime study and the instructions in CIC site say that.
Ability in English: i alrady had an IElts test and have 10 points for enlish as it is the first language
Experience = 21 points as i i am working from 7 years ago and send them the prove of that
Age 10 points =10
Arranged employment in Canada = not available for me
Adaptability = only 4 points, coz i have no relatives there and i get these 4 points from my wife
like this i achieve 65 point and use french to have the other 2 points.and if the will not ask me for TEF test and accept the certificate of secondary school for proving french ability

i hope you understand my situation now, and send me your opinion if they will accept my file or not

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samehyassa,
I think you are still on course. If you are in doubt you can go ahead and polish your french skill so that you can have more points.

Oloye