irenesario

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very correct, the consultants work is just to collect all your documents, compile them, tell you if all is complete or not but they can't make you pass your application. It's always the CIC who will decide who and who will not pass.

So why bother spending a hard earned money for consultants whose work is only to compile and to send your application when you can all do these things by reading the canadian website and by joining forum like this one.

I did my preparation and application on my own. Beause I want to be in control, when you apply through consultants you will always go through them to inquire about the progress of your application...

Irene

vanraj

Sep 11, 2011
i ll tell u my story. I 2 went through a consultant. Ofcourse they charge a lot. But if u want to avoid the hassles of doing filling forms, information regarding if u have a bussiness, how to go about n what all documents are reqd, i feel it is not a raw deal i got my visa after 11 months. I just had 1 problem. I had a passport which had a validity of 20 yrs. So it was expiring on 2018. i applied for immigration in 2010. So it was 10 yr plus. But as i told u my passport had 20 yr validity, I gave them my passport. After having my medicals, i was asked to make a new passport coz i got a letter from immigration that my passport was 2 old. that was really stressful. As i had to get by tatkal quota. I had 2 do couple of rounds to people to help me for it. had it been resolved earlier, i would have been at ease. i got my visa in the month of august last week. hence i had to plan my trip soon, coz i didnt want to go in winters peek. these minor things. But yes definately, if u have the patience to do it on your own, its better. It is a very individual choice.

Balajivellai

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,
The way your support the new commers to avoid consultant is really good step.

But see by posting this message is not enough for new comers. Instead of giving advice.

why senniors or expert in this form can attached photos of demo application form fill up and other related document preparation. so that new commers can easly understand how to do the process.

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kavya said:
I am requesting over and again not to go with Y-Axis. They charge u lot of money and at the end u wont get any support from them. They are hopeless in communication. and also they will also sign a document from u which mean they wont be responsible for any thing if u r case is delayed, even if they advertise and promise u to get u visa in 6 to 8 months. this is my personal experience.
Very true.. i dont know anything abt this consultant but that is a fact that consultants are there only to have your money and once they have it they dont bother or care. So dont just take this short cut as you yourself can be the best consultant of your own case

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it's depend on consltant (lawyer) and how much amount they charge.

some lawyer is honest and guide you nicely.

I am not talking that you must have to go and apply through lawyer or consultant.

but my advice is if you don't have time to read all instructions and difficulty to fill-out forms then hire lawyer. otherwise do not go with lawyer. just fill-out yourself and save money (lawyer fees).

so, decisions is yours.

OMM

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
omm said:
it's depend on consltant (lawyer) and how much amount they charge.

some lawyer is honest and guide you nicely.

I am not talking that you must have to go and apply through lawyer or consultant.

but my advice is if you don't have time to read all instructions and difficulty to fill-out forms then hire lawyer. otherwise do not go with lawyer. just fill-out yourself and save money (lawyer fees).

so, decisions is yours.

OMM
There is no such thing " honest lawyer"

They just seem to be that way :p :p :p :p

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there are some , david cohen is best example , and my lawyer too.
he charged just $1700 for FSW, because I am lazzy to read and fill out application, arrange by checklist... I provided all docs but I dont like to fill out all those and no time to read.

but choise is yours.. I am not forcing you to be have lawyer. many lawyers are fraud and eat your money but some are good too.

OMM

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
omm said:
there are some , david cohen is best example , and my lawyer too.
he charged just $1700 for FSW, because I am lazzy to read and fill out application, arrange by checklist... I provided all docs but I dont like to fill out all those and no time to read.

but choise is yours.. I am not forcing you to be have lawyer. many lawyers are fraud and eat your money but some are good too.

OMM
I was just trying to be funny :) :) :)
I will get my law degree next year.
Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression :( :(

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh como'n alex. but its fact about consultant they make fool easily to the people.

OMM

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Thanks for every one's reply. That does mean I am not the only one under the situation. good luck all and all new comers please read all comments before u go with Y_Axis or any such so called no 1 consultants at India or abroad