+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Don't bother with Rainbow bridge for flagpoling - Dec. 2021

aminahc1

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
When I landed 4 years ago last month, I remember that folks said go to Peace Bridge or Queenston/Lewiston Bridge because they're crabby at the Rainbow Bridge. Can confirm this is still the case. I went with someone to do her flagpoling today and we tried first at the Rainbow Bridge and even though there was LITERALLY NO ONE THERE, they said they didn't have the staff and couldn't do it. Drove to Queenston/Lewiston instead and got her landed, no problem.

ETA: Tuesday around 1:30 p.m. is when we went to the Rainbow Bridge!

aminahc1

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hi,

Do you mean it was easy at Queenston/Lewiston and successfully did her flagpoling??
Yes, exactly! We left the crabby folks at the Rainbow bridge and got landed like 20 mins later by the friendly folks at the Queenston-Lewiston bridge.

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Yes, exactly! We left the crabby folks at the Rainbow bridge and got landed like 20 mins later by the friendly folks at the Queenston-Lewiston bridge.
Thanks.

What time of the day would you advise i go?

And checking my google map. it seems one has to drive into the US through the bridge before taking a turn back to the CBSA office. Is that correct pls?

aminahc1

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Thanks.

What time of the day would you advise i go?

And checking my google map. it seems one has to drive into the US through the bridge before taking a turn back to the CBSA office. Is that correct pls?
I'd suggest mid day, no rush hour. And yes, you do have to drive across the bridge but the US won't let you in (unless you're a citizen, but you can still ask to be turned back) so there's a place you can turn around and go back.